Kas Hotels

• Grevil profile photo Grevil
  • Reviews: 18

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Aqua Park Hotel: Magical sea view location on Kas Peninsula

We stayed 2 nights at the Aqua Park Hotel on the Kas Peninsula in September 2011.

The rooms are simple, but with all the main facilities you need - air con. fridge, balcony with sea view - good buffet breakfast - 3 hot dishes, inc. eggs - several cerials, and the standard cheeses, breads and pastries common in Turkey - along with the good ol' cucumbers, olives and tomatoes of course. Tasty dinners also buffet style.
Hotel has lovely swimming pool area (salt water) and also ladders down from the cliffs for those who like to swim in the sea.
We found the staff friendly and attentive.
Minibus went past the hotel for those wanting to go into Kas township.

This is NOT a super luxurious hotel. The outstanding feature of this hotel was its position - at the end of the Kas Peninsula with breathtaking views of the Greek Island of Kastelorizo and the surrounding sea and coast.
It is lovely as a summer holiday hotel to relax by the pool and take in the views.
BTW, outdoor breakfast area makes good use of the views too!
The hotel is made up of several individual 2 storey blocks of 6 or 8 units - rather than one very large hotel building. Must warn - quite a few steps down from the road - if stairs is a problem.

• Related to: Water Sports, Family Travel, Photography
  • Written November 9, 2011

Main swimming pool area at Aqua Park Hotel, Kas

• June.b profile photo June.b
  • Reviews: 1360

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Yali Pansiyon: Spectacular ocean views on the balcony

It's not your typical tourist hotel or guesthouse I must tell you. It's a family run guesthouse where mostly locals are staying.

I walked from the main Kas bus terminal down to the seaside asking couple of people where this hotel I saw online few nights before. Walked down and up the road and found it but alas it's full and the only room available is a street view room, and I wanted an ocean view - main reason I went to Kas.

I walked out of the hotel sweating and look around but few steps down from the first hotel I saw a small 3-storey pansiyon and went in the gate, on the left side is like a family salon that says reception. The lady speak a little english but the elder couple don't.

The rooms are located on the top floor (2nd) and were small and very basic with a clean toilet/shower, some of the rooms have TV, some don't. Big neat bed, wooden cabinet & drawers and clean towels. There's a main gate on the floor plus a main door and your door. You have to lock the main floor gate as I was staying alone -- the whole floor is mine, no one is there during my first 3 nights. Some local tourists came on my last night.

Since I was alone, the whole balcony with 3 sets of tables and chairs are all mine, and so are the spectacular view of the ocean and the Greek island of Meis in the distance.

They have about 6 rooms of double and twin beds, a common small kitchen where you can make some tea or coffee. The stairs on the gound leads to a nice small garden with flowers and foliage and further down the stairs getting out of the gate, few steps is the ocean itself, not a sandy beach but you can dive, every morning there are couple of people swimming, snorkling and diving.

The breakfast is filling - the usual turkish fare of fresh cucumber, tomatoes, cheeses, olives, spreads and hot tea served on the balcony. So I was taking my breakfast every morning with a nice ocean view, breeze and the small islands on the distance.

The family - albeit not speaking english - are friendly esp. the lady who brings in the breakfast every morning.

Location is great as it is a couple of minutes walk down to the center of the town, it's right there in the mid, exactly beside the Hellenistic Temple. Restaurant, stores, pharmacy, shops are along the street and round the corner. The marina and breakwater is viewed on the balcony and just a couple of minutes walk.

As my bus to Istanbul on my last day is leaving late in the evening, I was allowed to take a shower late in the afternoon right on my room. I just have to check out my luggage at 1pm and take a last tour of the town until late afternoon.

If you prefer a local ambiance and have a restful vacation, Yali Pansiyon is highly recommended as an option.

The rate was TL50 for single room with a nice breakfast.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Beaches, Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written July 15, 2011

balcony at Yali Pansiyon

• peterdhduncan profile photo peterdhduncan
  • Reviews: 174

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Deniz Feneri Lighthouse

The Deniz Feneri Lighthouse is situated at the end of the peninsula which stretches westwards from Kas town. Everything about it was superb: the comfortable room, the service, the food and its position, giving magnificent views over sea and mountains.

However, you needed to be fit to stay in the room that we were in, as there were over 100 steps down to the restaurant and swimming pool area and almost 300 steps down to the sea!

Meals were usually taken at the terrace restaurant by the swimming pool, but, on two or three days during the week, dinner was served at the waterfront bar. On two evenings whilst we were there dinner was accompanied by a local folk band, and on one of those occasions the waiters demonstrated Turkish dancing and then encouraged us to join in!

You can see our pictures of the hotel by clicking on the relevant link in our Kas overview page.

• Written November 5, 2009

View from our Balcony

• Lez_Zetli profile photo Lez_Zetli
  • Reviews: 1

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Kas Camping: Good location; rip off bar

The camp site is in a good location next to the sea with swimming off rocks. Not suitable for children. It is quiet, no entertainment. The town is a ten minute level walk. The site is on several levels, cramped and access to pitches can be difficult, especially for larger vans. Hardly any suitable places for caravans. Electric hookups. Internet.

Showers with hot water, toilets fairly clean. General condition below par compared with Europe, but average for Turkey.

Warning: the on site bar-cafe does not display prices and we were ripped off; one plate of fries for two people £7 (8 euros). We recommend strolling into the town if you want to eat out, an easy ten minute stroll away. Our satisfaction score below reflects our feeling of being cheated here.

In October 2009 the price for a camper van, two people and electricity was 30 TL (£13, 14 euros).

The location is the only attraction.

• Related to: Diving and Snorkeling, Camping, Water Sports
  • Written October 4, 2009

• Jawnuta profile photo Jawnuta
  • Reviews: 450
Sardunya Otel: GREAT LOCATION

We did not stayed in this hotel, but after spending a nice afternoon in their restaurant I would definitely inquire about the room.

Free beach, free internet, great restaurant, clean. Great area.

• Written August 23, 2009
Tip Photo

view from the restaurant garden

• FAIRYCHIMNEY profile photo FAIRYCHIMNEY
  • Reviews: 93

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Begonvil Hotel: Cozyy atmosphere and sea one step ahead :)

Even though my sis made me crazy during our stay and food smell in/around the hotel i quite enjoyed the location.Both close to centre,pubs, and the sea front...

Owners of the hotel had come from Switzerland and an adorable couple ...If you go for booking pls. mind to book from the front as smell comes out of the kitchen rather annoying...

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written August 28, 2007

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4938

Meri Pension

I got a nice room with two windows and a balcony. It felt like heaven after the room at Linda Beach Hotel. Even if it was hot outside also during the night the air in the room felt fresh. There was also a fan and a bathroom. Breakfast was included in the price and was served on the roof.
I paid 15 000 000 TL for each night.

The place is a family run pension. They don't speak very much English but are welcoming. I will stay here again if I go back to Kas.
Meri Pension is on a central but quiet street.

The family has got a Van cat (has got one blue and one yellow eye). I didn't see any of these cats in Van so this was the first I saw.

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written June 11, 2007

View from the balkony

• krembo profile photo krembo
  • Reviews: 3

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Gardenia Hotel: Calming athmosphere in Kas

A very quite hotel with and stunnig view to the bay of Kas and the greek island of Meis. I managed to stay in one of the rooms facing towards the Med. Sea and it was really an experience to wake up early in this room.

The hotel provides many qualities that you can find in any major hotels in the cities. It also has internet access for the guests.

• Related to: Diving and Snorkeling, Beaches, Historical Travel