4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

More about Viking Star Hotel

Holiday in Hell

by TripAdvisor Member Dana123TelAviv

I have just returned from the Viking Star hotel - a real nightmare. By no means it's a 5 star hotel! Do not get impressed by the WEB view - they sure have a very skilled photographer. The location is shocking - it's in the middle of garages zone - not very pleasant view when you open your window in the morning... The food is monotonic - you will have each day the same menu at Lunch and Dinner. But do not be worried- breakfast is even worst. The third floor air-condition system was not working - and it the temperatures were as high as 39 degrees centigrade. The sea is 20 minutes walk - not 200 meters as you will told by the reception. The reception staff cannot or chose not to speak English in case you have a problem…ALL INCLUSIVE deal is a fraud since you have to pay for an orange juice (2.5 EUR). If you want to use Jacuzzi - please prepare (20 EUR). Drinks are free only till 2300. The reason is that at that time they are opening the Night Bar - there they are waiting to charge you.
Activities are very limited - some dances for kids in the pool, and an a half an hour Bingo (once only).
Summary - this kind of hotel is usually ranked as 3-4 stars. Any way - save your money and find better hotels and nicer staff. Surely I will never visit this hotel again.

Holiday In Heaven

by TripAdvisor Member hug60

Kemer, Viking star - brilliant
sept 2007
Carmel and Dave Liverpool

We have just got back from a weeks holiday at the Viking star and could honestly say it was fantastic.

The staff were the most frienly people i have met , all of them had time for you especially Elif the guest relations person She had so much time for everyone and you could ask her anything about the hotel and surrounding area and helped us out about getting about in kemer.She always had a smile, though she worked long hours .

The food was fantastic. No matter how fussy an eater you are there is always plenty to satisfy your appertite.

The animation team are on the go all day and night. They keep everyone entertained from children to o.a.p's Or just relax around the pool with magnificant views of the taurus mountains.all in all there is something for everyone.

The rooms were great , plenty of space and very clean. There was wine and fruit on arrival at no extra charge( Ive never had that anywhere before.)

Well worth trying!!

nice one

by TripAdvisor Member janmikky

viking star 18 sept 2007 just arrived home from viking srar ,what alovely place ,after reading all reviews i was dreading it,how wroung they were ,i could not fault the hotel at all,io am afussy eater and ive never eaten so much diffrent food abroad before, there was not many english there ,but why go away if you want that ,it was mainly norway ,no germans as reviews say staff good ,entertainment ok, lovely rooms very clean, in all a very good holiday

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member aivijo

After reading some recent reviews I don't think that Viking Star has been given a fair report overall. Different circumstances that people have experienced cannot be entirely put down to the hotel itself - we had big problems with Fleetway beforehand but that has nothin to do with the hotel itself.

The hotel is DEFINATELY 5*!!! People seem to forget that the facilities of the hotel account for their rating, they have their own doctor, health spa,entertainment etc. I reccomend the Turkish Hamam in the hotel it's amazing!

We also found the staff to be very friendly (the animation team were better than fantastic they can entertain anyone of any age!), and the pool area is IMMACULATE!!! I didn't see one dead fly or leaf in the pool or area around it whilst I was there.

The evening entertainment was very good also (Miss Viking Star night is hilarious!) The rooms are very clean also and the beds are so comfortable. Plus we actually got a proper double bed not two twins put together.

The food isn't great but I'm a fussy eater so I can't really comment properly. I still managed to eat 3 square meals a day without gettin ill so that's not bad surely! The A la carte restaurant isn't upto michelin style restaurant standards but what do you expect from a country like Turkey?! It was quite tasty the food and yes you do have to pay for the drinks but as we got a cheap deal anyway you can't winge about £4 for 2 waters and 2 Pepsi's!

I'd tell any of my family to go to this hotel. I would even return myself I loved it!!

no room at the inn

by TripAdvisor Member bevkay62

My husband and I arrived at the hotel Viking star at 12 midnight we had been travelling since 9 am and had waited 40 mins at the airport for our private taxi transfer so be time we got to the hotel we were tired and just wanted a nice cold drink. We filled in a form at reception and had our all inclusive wrist bands put on when out came the manager[ Mr invisible because we never saw him again] to say that there was no room at the hotel talk about Mary and Joseph [no room at the inn] and we would have to stay at the 3* Viking just down the road[25 min walk in the blistering 100 deg heat] we put all our luggage back in the taxi and headed for the hotel it was basic and run down to say the least. We dropped our cases in the room and headed for a drink I didn’t want to unpack as we were only staying for 3 nights [resulting in all clothes creased] breakfast next morning was a 3 min boiled egg or a 5 min boiled one [both had a hard boiled yolk but the 3 min one had the white sloppy and uncooked, ] cheese, ham and cereal the lunch was pasta, brown slop, green slop and salad and dinner was unrecognisable but the one good thing about the 3* was you could have your pick of sun beds unlike the 5* where the Russian’s got up at 5 am to put there towels on the sun bed. On our last night we received a bottle of wine and something wrapped in cellophane with a ribbon round you can imagine my delight when I opened it to find an apple and orange on a plate [I don’t think so]
The next morning we were going to the 5* we got a lift with one of the lads that worked in the 3* I’m sure if we had not asked they would have quite easily left us there after all it would save them sending someone else there, when we arrived at the Viking star the lady at reception told us she would give us a nice room and I have to say it was lovely right on the top floor over looking the pool.
Next morning for breakfast there were the boiled eggs and everything else that was at the other hotel but just more of it, oh and not forgetting the potato wedges but come to think of it there was potato wedges for breakfast, lunch and dinner and if you didn’t like chicken or pasta, cold that is [or luke warm if you were lucky] it was tough luck all the food was cold in the 2 weeks that we were there I never had a hot meal at the hotel. Snack time was a never to forget experience, a very nice pizza which might I add was hot the draw back was if you managed to get some because if you were not the first in the queue you didn’t stand a chance as people were piling half a dozen pieces on their plates leaving none for anyone else. On the last few days we were there they cooked bacon and fried egg and that was because they were expecting more English people arriving in the next week.
The all inclusive bar finished at 11pm but the entertainment went on until 12 there was water, wine and juice that you could help yourself to but for some reason the ones outside the restaurant were closed after breakfast I could not make sense of that maybe you were not allowed to have a wine before lunch or they just didn’t want to have to refill them.
On our last day we were not flying until 1100 pm that night so we asked if we could keep our room on the lady on reception went to ask the manager [ Mr invisible ] who was sat in his office, she came back saying he had said no after explaining about not having a room when we arrived I asked her to go and ask once more again he had said no. What a very ignorant man he never even had the courtesy to speak to us face to face, it was the last straw for me I could not believe we were been treated in such a bad way you would have thought that they would of bent over backwards to make up for the treatment we received when we arrived knowing that we would hardly be recommending their hotel to anyone. After explaining our situation with a Turkish rep we were eventually allowed to keep the room on until 4 pm, which was better then, nothing.
Would I stay at this hotel again now that’s a hard one lets just say if the price was right and there were some manger changes because the staff were great as was the weather and so were the people we met Alan and June, Colin and Caroline and Kate and Jim hello to you all

Dart Speilen!!

by TripAdvisor Member Andy_Mr-Liverpool

Me and my Girlfriend have just returned from the Viking Star and had a great time. We stayed for 2 weeks and could have quite happily stayed for another 2!!
The Hotel was fantastic, especially the animations team.
They workied so hard all day, arranging activities such as darts, which I played most days and won a couple of times!
My Girlfriend did Aqua aerobics, morning gym and also played darts a few times and beat me on one occassion!
The entertainment in the evening was good as well, especially when they got guests involved, like the Sketch show (when Paul did the typewriter sketch!) and Miss Viking (Cathy won the title!) was really funny. The only downside was that the All inclusive finished at 11pm and sometimes the show didn't finish till after 10pm. So, it would have been better if the All inclusive finished at midnight and then you could sit and have a few drinks and a chat for a while after the show.

The hotel was really clean and the staff were all really friendly.
The food was lovely and plenty of choice. Breakfast was the best meal of the day and enjoyed the omletes which were made fresh infront of you by one of the chefs (I did attempt to make them myself some days and toss the omletes, which was a laugh!)

There was a bit of confusion about the Piccadilly Pub, as on the leaflet in the room, it said that you had to pay for drinks in there, but found out half way through the holiday that it was part of the All inclusive package. I think this needs to be advertised more, to make people aware that they can get drinks from there and get more people using it, as its a nice room, which was hardly used.
They used to show some of the footie matches in there and watched a prem league match last Saturday and had a few beers, which was good.

There were not many British holiday makers in the hotel, it was mainly full of Norwegian guests, but found most of them to be really friendly and had a laugh with them playing darts during the day.
Did meet some great English people though in the first week and also during the second week, who we had a great laugh with.

We also went out on a few day trips:
1. Boat trip.
2. Jeep Safari
3. Rafting
All 3 were great days out and the scenery on all of them was stunning. We also went on the bus to Antalya for the day, to have a look at the old town and marina. The bus stop was just across the road from the hotel and we just had to change buses once to get to the old town of Antalya.

All in all, we had a great holiday. It was fantastic value for money and just hope we can get a good deal for next year, as we would definately go back.

Good visit and recommendations

by TripAdvisor Member k_beeBucks

Just returned and no complaints. Totally agree with the previous two comments. food is plentiful and changes to hot foods daily. Salads can be repetitive though. Hotel is clean, staff friendly and service was good, although english is not the preferred language the staff will get someone to help you if they can't answer you.

Only downside was trips as we like to get about, the hotel trips can be expensive so we used the local agent ones and got them just over half the price. Info in english is almost non existent in the hotel.

Recommend: to moonlight beach take a taxi for 5 euro, get a bed and chill on the beach.
Kemer aqua park (two slides) is by the beach makes a change from the pool and prices are not too bad (8 turk per pax) - good if you have kids. Aqua LAND is in Antalyia and gets busy but is great fun with great slides, hire a large rubber ring for 8 turk for the day - recommend - or stand in line to wait for a free ring at each ride.
The main shopping street is out to the main road and turn right after the water jet square (you'll see it) is the start of the main shopping street. Expect the hassle and barter like a demon, if they don't barter its not fake!
The patisseries do the best turkish delight for about 10 euro per kilo and will make up a box.
Watch out for: the rude and arrogant russians, towels on the sunbeds - complain to the manager (good guy) who will send someone round to remove them to reception. Good fun to watch!
Antalyia airport is the most expensive place i have ever been too, all the agents and taxi drivers will ask you to boycott buying anything. For instance a Burger King meal is about 12 euro (£9) and a coffee 5 euro (£3.50). Take your own drinks and food for the departure wait. Otherwise enjoy!

Fantastic!

by TripAdvisor Member EssexUkHoliday111

What an excellent hotel, to start with! We have never been to a hotel that is so clean and well organised. The staff are mostly friendly, and are very accomadating. The food is gorgeous and very varied and always fresh. The drinks are ok except alcohol is very limited to beer vodka and brandy (not too bad eh?) however unfussy with how many u get at a time.

The animation team are very good with the kids and work hard to give some good shows. The location of the hotel isnt bad however not great for people who enjoy peaceful areas (we are not so was fine!) Excursions are ok however regret going on a boat tour as was full of russians, we were the only english! And just a tip but a small shop around the corner of the hotel called "yuyanya" travel group run by Harry are terrrible, many people were turned away on the day as they continually cancelled trips.

The hotel is full of mainly russians and germans however we found them ok and the few english families seemed nice.

A definite positive stay and worth the money!

taken hostage

by TripAdvisor Member valEngland

i stayed at this hotel via an inspection trip (which myself and my husband had been on last year) with my two friends everything was included ie tranfers and costs of the hotel which we got via an agent (mike harrop turkiest properties) working for the owner can kobal how ever we did do the inspection trip but my friends found that the prices where to high. The hotel it self was lovely and the food was ok but there was only 4 english couples there and they only catered for non english activities for the children and the bar was shut at 23.00. Because the staff knew we were CAME VIA the boss they treated us well. BUT IT ALL WENT SOUR WHEN THEY FOUND OUT THAT I AND MY HUSBAND BOUGHT THROUGH ANOTHER COMPANY. WHICH THEY COMMENTED ON THE LAST TRIP THEY DIDNT MIND AS THEY COULD NOT MEET OUR REQUIRMENTS. on our departure we paid up but the hotel staff informed us that we had to pay for the tranfers i explained that it was all in as the conditions were in the inspection trip. i contacted mike and he became very rude and unhelpful and said" make your own way back "as we did not purchase a property of the company. the hotel staff took us hostage and tryied to stop us leaving they followed us even to the phone and the toilet if it wasnt for the english people who helped us (3 women on our own) gods knows what would of happened. But it did not end there we received a threating email from the owner saying" would you enjoy relaxing with your children here in my territory" we did however contact the embassy and they have a copy of the email SO I RECOMEND BE CAREFUL OF THIS HOTEL

Dishonesist People

by TripAdvisor Member JOHNTHETERRIBLE

I stayed with my son here for 2 weeks Well what a disaster they call it a 5* it is more like a 3* . I witnessed the terrible ordeal that 3 women had and i will agree they lie and they are not honest people in this hotel.They lie and they try to fob you off. . The food again was terrible and they did not cater for young children. THE BAR CLOSED AT 23.00HRS AND THEN YOU HAD TO PAY FOR YOUR DRINKS AND THE AL CAR RESTURANT WAS A JOKE. The sun beds well if you are willing to get up early go for it because you have no chance to get one. THE MANGERMENT AGAIN LIE AND SO DOES THE OWNER. do not book this hotel BEWARE

Comments