Pegasos World Hotel

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

More about Pegasos World Hotel

Top Hotel !!!

by TripAdvisor Member JamesPetty

Me and my partner visited pegasos world on the 17th June 09. The hotel is exactly what it is like in the brochure. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. We had a family room for four people for just the two of us. The staff were very helpful e.g we had a problem with our safe and they sent somone immediately. We were worried what the food would be like from preivous reviews but there was no need for this. The food was excellent there was a wide range which could accomodate anyones tastes. If you can visit the fish restaurant on the beach and the a la carte restaurant (both included in all inclusive) the food in both was excellent and vast portions! The hotel is huge and there is so much to do during the day. The only small downside was the evening entertainment, some of the shows worked well but unfortunately some just didnt! the staff tried hard but the talent was not there!!! Would recommend visting Managavat and the ancient city of Perge. Would recommend this hotel to anyone we know, and would go back in the future. Hope this review was helpful.

dirty pool and pool side, dirty and dated rooms,foreigners with BIG attitudes

by TripAdvisor Member unhappyCambridge

We just returned from 1 week at the pegasos world, and will never go back to this hotel, first we found the rooms badly needed to be up dated,the size of the room we were in was very good but dated, all our cleaner did in our room was put clean towels and emptyed the bins,none of our sides were cleaned and the floor still had stains from the day before,when you first see the swimming pool you will be amazed at the size and the shape of it,until you get in it and can feel the dirt under your feet,we found tissues and plasters in the pool,one day a baby had a little accident round the pool,the smell was awful and very strong,the cleaner walked around it, and the people were walking through it and carried it all over the pool side on their feet or flip flops, a cleaner drop a full bag of rubbish at the side of the pool,they walked away and left it, the food is shall we say very anti british, the drink area was always a mess,with spillage over the floor,we found the table cloths dirty, and the chairs were even worse,we found alot of staff did not even try to learn english,sometimes we felt invisible, the spa was top class the staff were great,if you have any aches and pains please give them a visit, my husband did and they did more for him in 3 days then our own doctor did in about 14 months, if you dont mind sitting around people with BIG attitudes and children that are out of control,and dont listen to anything their parents tell them,dirty pool and pool area and gloomy rooms then this is the holiday for you, i hope this review is of help to you, we have been completely honest and told you as it is,

Absolutley Brilliant..... What a hotel/complex.

by TripAdvisor Member turkishem

Me, my partner and my two young children (3yrs and 5months) went to stay at Pegasos World in june 2009 as a last minute thing. In a nutshell it has to be the best hotel complex I have ever stayed at. The pool area being the main focal point it was just brilliant there was plenty of room even though the hotel seemed to be pretty full, with slides for little children and big children. Pretend sharks numerous water features. Bars and snack bars that overlook the pool it was just breath taking. The entrance to the hotel offers an amazing first impression. The food was excellent offering loads of choice. All the bars were great the entertainment was brill something for everyone. But a massive compliment goes to all the staff who offer such brilliant service, nothing is too much for them to do they work tierlessly to make your holiday the best.
My only advice would be to take all pool atire with you eg lilo's ect as the onsite supermarket charge high prices for this stuff. We bought our son a blow up spiderman jet ski shaped lilo and it cost 15 euros about 15 pounds!!!
If you want a brilliant hotel with happy friendly staff great food, great entertainment, great location and lots of fun then this complex is definatley worth a try. We will with-out doubt go back.

brilliant holiday

by TripAdvisor Member rodgerCumbria

This hotel is spot on. I honestly do not know how you can complain. It is definitely value for money. Th hotel is gorgeous and the swimming areas are fantastic. The rooms are very spacious and cleaned every day with fresh towels. When we were there the place was constantly being cleaned and any problems the staff were quick to help resolve them. I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family. It caters for everyone's needs. At the end of the day it holds 3000 people in peak so these people who complain need to go and stay in a smaller resort! And as regards the noise levels. . . what noise? your on holiday and you are bound to have music playing round the pool and here music from the disco at night!

Fantastic, Want to go back!!!

by TripAdvisor Member tealadyEssex

Well, we arrived 22nd May late into the evening to find our two rooms were actually two family rooms, we wasn't sure if this was to get on the right side of the Brits as this was the first year they had us.
The next day we explored and noticed that there were very few brits but I kind of like it that way. As the holiday went on more arrived.
Because this was the first season for the Brits we were invited by the management team for any suggestions that would make our holiday better. Well, the very next day the food was slightly different and seemed to cater a little more for the Brits but I'm not fussed and thought the food on offer was overwhelming in it's choice anyway.
Apart from myself and my husband our two children came also. One is 15 and the other is 11. Although the fifteen year old just wanted to lounge around on the sunlounger all day there didn't seem much for kids between the ages of 11-16 to occupy them apart from the swimming pool which by the way was magnificent. As regards to previous reviews on this hotel there is more than plenty of sunbeds to go around and I was there when it was full capacity (3000 people!).
Evening entertainment was dire when done by the animacion team but occasional outside entertainment was better.
Unfortunately, there is nowhere to walk to of an evening as the small town (and I mean small) is a KM away with nothing much there.
There was plenty of things to do during the day for grown ups such as volleyball, boules, aerobics and belly dancing if you can be bothered to move from your sunbed.
The beach areas have snack bars that serve food most of the day and the beach itself is well shaded if you want it. We sat here most of the time to avoid the crowds and children and there's more to see. The sea is warm and clear with a lifeguard on duty. The Scuba diving is reasonably priced and me and my daughter had a go which we loved, the team there are proffesional and you never know, you might get to swim with a turtle!
Also, you must try a Hammam or Turkish Bath that they do in the hotel.
The only thing that probably irked me a bit was that there was only one small supermarket in the hotel selling toiletries,sweets and inflatables at over inflated prices. The woman in there tries to confuse you by giving you the wrong change by giving you Euros and Lira . We weren't the only ones she had done that to and on talking with others had found out they had the same experience.
Oh, to let you know don't bother with Travellers' cheques as the hotels don't change them so you have to go to a Bureau De Change that charge you for changing them. It would be better to get a card thats been topped up with your holiday money beforehand. Also, they take Euros (they ask for this currency) or you double it up in their Lira.
All in all I had a wonderful time and so did my family and I would recommend this hotel to families or singles. It's been a bit of a downer since I've been home and wish I was still there. The staff are attentive and the hotel and grounds are kept spotless.
Enjoy your holiday!!

Stayed In Some Of The World's Best Hotels & Loved This Place!

by TripAdvisor Member moomooskye

Booked with Thomson for a last minute holiday with the kids. I have been to Turkey (Kusadasi, 3 years ago and was not overly impressed) so I was quite open minded this time! (Experiencing a real bad earthquake in the airport didn't help!!!)
I figured that I didn't want to travel too far with the kids or spend a fortune! Thomson is quite a reputable company and the description of the hotel on their website was IMPRESSIVE.
Arrived at the hotel, first impressions was very nice, clean and spacious. I had requested a ground floor room and I got just that. Quite big with a separate section for the kids and a separate shower toilet.
The TV channels were all in German which was very frustrating and every time my husband phoned the hotel and requested my room, he had to endure being sent round the houses due to poor/lack of english speaking operators! Very frustrating to say the least!!!
My other gripe is the first day we arrived and tried to get to sleep, we were absolutely freezing, when I complained I was told that the heating had been switched off due to it being the summer season! Got used to the cold after a couple of nights.
NOW THE POSITIVE SIDE OF THIS PLACE: Food was very good and this was my main fear before arriving, as these countries normally cater for the German/Russian palet. The grounds are beautiful and the facilities for kids are awesome! Their own pools/slides restaurants serving lovely fresh food and ice lollies - simple things that made the holiday really enjoyable for me as even my little 3 year old was helping herself to what she wanted to eat and she was bowled over by the kids pool. The other holiday makers, English and foreign were very nice & polite and the weather was gorgeous the whole time. I would also like to add that Side is absolutely beautiful, unspoilt and picturesque. You can see women in the fields harvesting with babies on their back when you're riding by on the bus, LOVELY. Magnavat is also awesome, Not to far with shops and sights - modern busy town with everything you need you can also go on the waterfall trip here which is good. Beware of ridiculous prices that the Turkish try and charge Brits! (DAYLIGHT ROBBERY!) When they hear your accent you get charged a over inflated price to everyone else. I need some gace wash and went to a chemist in Magnavat, when I asked the price I was told £15.00! At the airport I was astounded by the prices of everything e.g can of coke £3.50 large packet of crisps £5.00! Burger king £15.00 quid for 3 kids meals that would cost £6.00 in the UK - RIP OFF! They will try and hustle every pound/euro out of your pocket - so beware. Otherwise it was beautiful and relaxing which is what I wanted and my children were in heaven for a week! We are a family that for the last 3 years have only holidayed in the top hotels on Dubai's Jumeira Beach and I was impressed with this place, I must say that it is a large hotel that was only half -full when we were there and this may or may not have impacted on our enjoyment, as we did not need to fight for sunbeds/food etc. If you can get it at a good price you will definitely get value for money and normally I believe that price reflects quality but we got our moneys worth!!!

Good Holiday

by TripAdvisor Member JennaEngland

We went the first week in June and noticed that there wasn't many british people but this didn't bother us, everybody we met was nice. Fantastic rooms, with good views of the complex and the sea. Pool was huge! Good for everyone. You did have to get up quite early for a sunbed but not too early. Its a family resort so be aware that there were quite a lot of kids around incase you want a very quiet holiday, we found it relaxing. Food was quite good, just a bit of a rush to get food with some people as they seemed to push too much. We'd go back as it was enjoyable and liked everything about the resort.

Fantastic hotel cannot be faulted!

by TripAdvisor Member HolidaySunPrincess

First to put things straight this hotel is fabulous! Whilst being the first time thomsons have used this hotel and it being the first year with english guests but we were made very welcome, not only have they changed the food since people have visited in may (this meaning food remaining hot, beans and toast in the morning, food plentiful and wide variety every night!)but all entertainment was in english and we were actually invited to an evening with all the managment of the hotel laid on with canapes and cocktails where they wanted to hear our opinion on how we could help to advise them how to improve the hotel for their english guests-how fantastic! So we obviously informed them on the very few minor points which could be seen to. This being the well talked about ineffcient central air-conditioning system -it might aswell of not been on and with temperature reaching a very near 38 degrees you could imagine! The only other down side is that you are not directly ontop of local shops or places to visit but this is stated in the brochure and to clarify you really are not that far away from anywhere on a local bus 10mins either way to local town which i though was great!

This hotel was clean, moden, spacious (even at full capacity 2800 when we were there),cater for all ages and nationalitys, there is something here for everyone young or old (we went with my parents in their late fiftys and they loved every minute!).

Swimming pool-Unbeliveable, clean, spacious.
Room-clean, modern, large rooms, free safe, water replaced in your room daily.
Hotel-large grounds directly on beach,activitys for all.
Food-plentyfull, Variety every night.

If you book this hotel you will not regret it-but i must say i think a holiday is what you make of it!

Very Good all inclusive hotel

by TripAdvisor Member jacksite2007

Firstly, fantastic hotel, especially the reception building, with fish tank floors (even though the fish were dead), waterfalls and a twinking LED sky ceiling at night. When we arrived, they left us some food left over from before as we arrived at about 12pm their time. The food wasn't very nice but atleast it was something. Food was mainly german and wasn't very nice but the show coking outside made nicer fod than inside did, plus you can see how the fod was made.
The pool being the biggest in the mediteranean was fantastically large and clean (they were cleaning it when we arrived an hr later at 1am.)
Basically the food was OK, the pool was clean, the beach right next to it was handy to get to but the entertainment was awful, so awful, it was funny...
Entertainment starts with the animation team in their outdoor theatre. They couldn't do it right. After watching them every night, we found some were awfully boring (german humour) but it only left germans laughing at parts the british found either rude (yes, in front of the children who it was aimed at) or stupid. Many british left the complex at night in search for clubs found up the street. With a taxi rank just outside, this made it more possible. After this, there was mainly a kareoke or competition at the pool bar which again was bad. We never saw the singers again and that was lucky. Next aprox 12am was the disco on the beach which was only for adults. an adult is mainly classed as being 16 or up there. you are able to get beer from the counter if you are 16 or above.
basically i would go there again but you have to keep an eye on blonde british girls as they are constantly loked at by the waitors. we went out (tok a taxi) into side (say sid-eh) and noticed it was only the hotel staff who were perverted.
i probably would go again but the staff are sickening.

Far too overcrowded!!!

by TripAdvisor Member chelseahayz

we travelled with thomsons and when we arrived at the hotel we were assured there would be food at drinks available to us but the restuarant was closed we advised the rep who got reception to open it for us. When you check in the bell boys take your room number and deliver your suitcase to your room well after two calls down to reception and an hour and a half later at 1.30 in the morning we finally got our bags after a long day this was the last thing we needed, the room was lovely really spacious we had a family room and the cleaners were in everyday with fresh bottled water although they didnt have an iron or iron board and we couldnt even get one from reception so take a travel iron! The food is average my bf is picky and struggled to find much he liked i was ok but the food is very repetitive and does not change much from day to day you have to queue for absolutley everything even the toilets on a few occassions and meal time was compared to a cattle market. The pool is gorgeous and really big size they have a childrens pool with slides but be prepared to get up at the crack of dawn to get a sunbed even on the beach we spoke to other families who set there alarm for half 5 to get a sunbed its ridiculous we were up bout 8 and couldnt even get one on the beach people reserve them go out for the day then use it in the afternoon. There is not really much to do of an evening unless you go to the show in the theatre you have to get there for about 8 to get a table but the bar or toilets dont open till 9 so you have to walk over the other side to get a drink which seems silly seeing as there is a bar in the theatre the all inclusive is vague ice creams, popcorn, candy floss or cocktails are not included and the cocktails in the hotel bar are about 12 euros each RIP OFF! after the show the beach bar is the main area really as the disco was shut. Location wise it quite good its a 10 min walk in to titrengol with a few shops and bars etc or you can get on the dolmus which stops outside the hotel cost 1 euro per person and takes about 15mins into side where there is lots of shops bars and resturants its not to expensive to eat and drink out beer about 2 euros cocktails 3.50 euros so worth a night out there. Overall the hotel is nice but we had nearly 4000 people there and it was just far too busy too many queues and food quality was poor if you need any info dont hesistate to contact me.

Pegasos world hotel

by Dawnpears

Has anyone stayed at the Pegasos Hotel in Side, Turkey? We want to go on holiday there and would just like to know peoples views on it. Are the appartments clean? Are the staff freindly? What are the good and bad points. I must say when I saw this in the first choice winter sun brochure, the outdoor pool looked amasing! Any info on this place would be helpfull! Thanks

Water parks and theme parks in Turkey

by Dawnpears

Has anyone been to the 2 waterparks or the theme park in Turkey? What are they like? Are they anywhere near the Pegasos world hotel in Side? Any info will be great. Thanks

Re: Water parks and theme parks in Turkey

by pandptur

kindly recommend to get in touch with P&P Tours who are specialized in Gulet Tours and can offer best rates for De Luxe Theme Park Hotels
info@pandponline.com