Kadir's Tree Houses

Booking.com Hostelworld.com

Tags

Budget Travel Backpacking Architecture

6 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD NOT STAY IN KADIR'S TREE

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 29, 2011

I had stayed in Kadir’s Tree House for 3 nights in the month of July of 2011 and I have to say it was quite disappointing. I would never recommend this place to anybody however Olympus is quite beautiful area , beach is beautiful and history in the area is quite amazing. In Olympus I had found more comfortable, safer and cheaper places to stay then Kadir’s Tree House during my navigation in the area. Here is why I would not recommend Kadir’s Tree House

1- Night life : Before we made the reservation, we were told there is a disco bar in Kadir’s Tree House however all the fun was until 10 pm. All lights in the resort turned off at 10 pm and you are literally force to go to sleep or maybe take a walk on the Olympus Way where it leads you to the beach. All lights except the light in your room was turned off by staff. We were told that they are turning off all the lights because of some orders received by Olympus Military ???. I was confused if I was in a Military base or a vocation resort
2- Room Conditions : When we were in Kadir’s Tree House, Our sheets got never changed, beds never made and bath towers, hmmm…well there was no tower in the room so you have to bring your own tower or need to buy from a nearby store in overpriced. if you want to take shower bring your shampoo as well. Hot water in the shower was also interesting as hot water was either gradually getting hot or cold, never stayed in same temperature so one of my hand was on the shower knob and other hand on the shampoo trying to adjust water temperate. No housekeeper visited the room during our stay. In the third night of my stay, I had multiple insect bites where I had to get it treated. One of inspect bite was about 4 mm in diameter in my leg which I had no idea what type of insect could do that. It has been tree months and the scar is still there.
3- Distance to Beach : Kadir’s Tree House is the longest distance to the Olympus beach. It is about 30 minutes walk or you have to wait for free shuttle which works twice per day and they are not % accurate. Walking is nice but sometime I am too lazy to walk for 30 minutes and had to wait for shuttle and time to time, I had to wait for hours.
4- Safety : When I was in Kadir’s Tree House, steps to go to tree houses were already cracked and some of them was broken. I was feeling not safe while I was trying to go to my room up to tree and apparently there is not a regular maintenance guy kept in the resort because broken pieces on the steps where still there. I was careful not to step on cracked pieces while I was going up. If someone steps on one of the weak spots by accident, they could fall all the way down and got seriously insured and there is no doctor available in the resort.
5- Privacy : I heard that the Kadir’s Tree House once got flooded and at another time, it burned down. So, they re-build tree houses in an inexpensive way where you can clearly hear guests conversations, laughing, footsteps, even their snores during sleep. If you expect privacy in your room, well don’t expect that in Kadir’s Tree House
6- Fishing Trip : Kadir, himself offers a fishing trip to his guest with $30 per trip and it takes about 6-8 hours. This is where I got to know Kadir better and how he treats his guests. Kadir is a control freak. talks smacks, a fat, old guy. He decides whom you should have chat in the boat and what you should do and what you should not. He even tells you where you should stay in the boat and how you should talk. I understand there should be some regulations in the boat for people’s safety but when it comes to control peoples freedom for simple stuff like talking with people, walking in the boat etc., that is where he should stop. Remember, this was a paid trip. We were total of 8 people in this fishing trip, and I felt about very stressful for entire trip about controlling my behaviors. He was acting crazy and crazy people are not predictable. One of the guest told me that, we should do what he says, otherwise, he might throw us to sea. That was scary so I pretty much shut my mouth, and stay in one location of the boat for entire fishing trip….Many people in the boat got sick and many of us cough one fish or none in so called fishing highly populated fishing area which took 2 hours to get there and 2 hours to come back. Kadir’s Fishing Trip was total waste of time, money and absolutely demoralizing.

NathalieFeitsma's Profile Photo

most relaxed backpackersplace

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 21, 2009

Very relaxed place with guests from all around the world. Breakfast and diner are included in the price, mostly vegetarian.
The rooms are basic but good. In the evening you can sit around the campfire or dance in the open-air bullbar.

Unique Quality: Great surroundings, lots of sports to do like hiking, climbing and swimming. Beautiful ancient side. Nice beach.

Directions: Take at Antalya busstation the dolmus to Olympos. You have to change dolmus at the mainstreet (dolmus stop) and then Kadirs is the first guesthouse at the left in Olympos.

Tdiver's Profile Photo

Famous tree houses.

by written on February 8, 2007

Breaking news this morning 8th,February 2007.
Last night a fire at the famous tree houses burnt the majority of the place down.
So ring ahead this year if you're wanting to visit as i'm sure there won't be much done for a while.

ozalp's Profile Photo

I did not expect this much!

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 28, 2006

Actually we did not stay here. After a visit to Olympos ruins we continued to walk and took a peek at this famous hostel. They have many many rooms, general areas, tv room, cafeteria, cats, dogs, poultry... It was a small town with all the facilities. We asked for the rooms and they showed us one with a double bed and bathroom. Prices are very cheap. 25 ytl for one person per night. This means 15-17$ per night.

Unique Quality: The place itself is unique. I wanted to stayed such place when I was a student.

Directions: The road to Kadir's Tree Houses is comes from Adrasan. Or you can walk from Cirali to Olympos.

amesian's Profile Photo

Staying in a Tree House

by written on April 26, 2005

Kadir’s Treehouses is the original and still the best. Located on the Mediterranean coast in southern Turkey, they are a winner of TNT Magazines Hostel of the Year in 1999; so you can be guaranteed to be greeted by world class service and hospitality.

Surrounded by some of Turkey’s most beautiful coastline, ancient ruins and nature reserves, Kadir’s Treehouses can offer a vacation full of fun filled activities from trekking to the Lost City, sea kayaking along the Mediterranean’s crystal clear waters, scuba diving, Jeep safaris, tours to Chimera (The Eternal Flame) to relaxing on Olympos' beautiful beach.

Whether you fill your days with any of these adventure activities, or just chill out in our little paradise, you wont be able to resist getting amongst the awesome night life at Kadir’s place.

Unique Quality: All prices are per person, per night. These rates include both breakfast and dinner.
Single supplement of 50% may apply. Please note, these prices are estimates only, based on the current exchange rate. Payment must be made in Turkish Lira.

Dormitory (Multi-bed room with shared bathroom facilities)
Euro 8.50

Cabin/Private Tree House (Private room with shared bathroom facilities)
Euro 11.00

Bungalow (Private room with ensuite bathroom)
Euro 14.00

Bungalow (Private room with ensuite bathroom + Air Conditioned)
Euro 17.00

Directions: Kadirs Tree Houses is located in the serene valley of Olympos, Turkey on the Meditteranean Coast just a short ride from Antalya

erendilight's Profile Photo

tree houses

by written on April 6, 2005

you have to experience it...

Unique Quality: Living At Kadirs
Kadirs now has two bars, serving guests from lunch until the last guest leaves, and a 150 seat seafood restaurant and snack bar. Guest services at Kadir's include laundry, international phone, fax and internet access, satellite television, volley ball, pingpong tables, scooter and bike hire and a travel agency offering tours, travel tips, reservations and advice.
Staying At Kadirs
Over the last six years Kadir's has expanded rapidly. We now have 45 bungalows accomodating up to 100 people and 40 tree houses for another 145 people, inaddition to our camping grounds. With a total capacity of over 230 people in beds.

sieffron's Profile Photo

Kadir's Baby!

by written on December 28, 2004

Kadir's is a great choice for a place to lay your head in Olympos. From what I heard from other travelers you can't really go wrong at any place you choose.
There's loads of other treehouse campgrounds, but Kadir was the man who started it all a few decades ago and it was his idea to build treehouses in a protected area where concrete structures were not allowed. It cost about $10 a day for a room in a treehouse and the price included breakfast and a good vegetarian dinner. There were loads of young Turks there, which I was a bit put off by at first because I was expecting a 100% backpackers scene. I ended up meeting some great Turkish people though and had an awesome time, which re-inforced the belief that the release of expectations usually leads to higher enjoyment of situations.

Unique Quality: The thing that really made it for me at Kadir's was the manager of the place. Mike, a former Australian financial dude, and now just a wicked Australian dude, and his Kiwi buddy Benny, ran the show at Kadir's and these guys knew EVERYBODY's names (a few hundred people) staying on the premises. Not only that, but they made the perfect "camp counselors" - dishing out loads of sharp and hilarious ball-busting lines to anyone who hung out with them. Mike and Benny created the best atmosphere at Kadir's and they're highly responsible for the great time I had there.

Directions: Arriving at Olympos, you're dropped at the top of a hill, where there's a small general store.There's some taxis waiting and they go when there's enough people to fill a van.They head down the twisting road to the treehouses and Kadir's is the first stop.

Nearby Kadir's Tree Houses

Kadir's Tree Houses

• Kadir`s Top Tree House Hotel Olympos

Address: Olympos, Antalya, Turkey

7 Photos of Kadir's Tree Houses

View Professional Photos

Olympos Travel Forum

Need advice about Olympos, Turkey? Visit the Travel Forum for Olympos and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Olympos hotel reviews

Bayrams Tree Houses
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 3 Reviews
Olympos Orange Pension
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review

Explore Deeper into Olympos
Walk around, look for interesting stuff.
Mount Chimaera
VARANTAÞ – CHIMERA
TAHTALI DAÐ
BEACH
Things to Do
Watch the sunrise then swim
Chimaera: Eternal flame
explore the ruins
Mythical flames of the Chimaera
The Main Road
The Beach
Things to Do
Ruins on the walk to the beach
Chimaera, again
Bilge? Sentina?
Ancient city
Ulupinar
Adrasan trip
Things to Do
Enjoy the azure waters of the Mediterrenean
Chimaera Flame Tours
Things to Do
if you're prone to car sickness...
Cirali -The Flaming Mountain