Yali Mah. Kasimpati sokak 54, Side, 07600, Turkey
Booking.com Priceline.com eDreams

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 41% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Kentia Apartments

A great holiday with lovely people

I i loved every minute of my holiday. The Kentia apartments were lovely and clean and the staff were lovely especially the bar man and the receptionists they ensured everything was to our satisfaction and helped us as much as they possibly could. The only downside to the apartments was that the air conditioning could possibly have been better as it did get quite hot at night.

excellent

These apartments are lovely. They were cleaned to the highest standards nearly every day. When we came in after being out all day they had made towels into swans and layed them on our bed. It just added that extra special touch.

The staff were absoluteley brilliant. Totally on the ball with everything. They were helpful and friendly and nothing was too much for them.

The food as said in previous reviews was excellent and cheap. We had went into the centre one night for a meal and the price we had paid was almost three times what we had been paying at the Kentia.

The only negative I would have was the location. In saying that though there were taxis alwasys waiting outside the Kentia so it never caused problems.

I would highly reccomend the Kentia apartments and well done to all the staff involved in the running of it.

Fantastic, Clean, Perfect.

by TripAdvisor Member kathcook

If you fancy a relaxing time look not further, Kentia is the place. clean rooms, fantastic pool, Everyone really friendly, Hi ozzy, ali, mehmut, and of course Orlando. :-) The apartments are a bit far out of Side but this is not a problem as the bars and restaurant near the hotel are cheaper. the best being Mehmets In The Ruins great food friendly waiters, and a good price too! If you do go into town to eat beware! they will try to drag you in to their restaurants then charge you extortionate prices for drinks, so make sure you agree a price first. I would reccomend the terrace bar(above and next to the post office) really friendly, and good food.
Trips I would recommend are White Water Rafting(suitable for kids too!) and the Dolphin Cruise but DON'T book them through your tour rep!!!
Thomas Cook tried to sell us the white water rafting trip for £37 each!! we went to Info Tours near Mehmets In The ruins and it cost us £30 for four of us ( 2 adults and 2 kids) All in all we had a great time at the kentia apartments kids were happy so that makes us happy:-) So go enjoy your stay you won't be dissapointed!!!

Beautiful, Comfortable and . . . . Clean!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member ziggyNottingham

The Kentia Apartments is a truly beautiful complex built around a very unusually shaped pool.

The apartments were fantastically clean and well furnished (so much so that it seemed that they had only just been built!!!), very roomy accommodation with a balcony big enough to easily sit 4-6 adults. All the balconies overlook the pool and every balcony has been built in such a way that it doesn't overlook its neighbour!

There are two pools (baby pool and large pool), both are the cleanest I have ever, ever seen. Even with the close proximity of the beautiful plants and trees, I didn't ever see one leaf or petal in the water!!!

We booked a one bedroom apartment and had a double bed and single bed in the room and a sofa-bed in the living area. The word sofa-bed brings to mind a pull out thing with lots of springs. Not in the Kentia! Imagine a large solidly built chunky sofa which is wide enough to be able to sleep on and definately long enough (I'm 5ft 8" and had no problem fitting on!!) As it doesn't have a spring based mattress, it was really, really comfy and not for one moment did I regret allowing my daughter to have the double bed!!

The restaurant is absolutely gorgeous with very, very attentative (but discreet) waiters!!! With a veranda over-hanging the pool, a fountain which is turned on at night and candlelights on every table, the scene is quite spectacular! For every main meal purchased you can help yourself to the free salad buffet as well as getting the complimentary Turkish bread!!!

There was entertainment laid on every night which ranged from a typical turkish market (with camels and small stalls), belly dancing, a fashion show and an acrobat show - all of which were very, very entertaining. The layout of the tables and the position of whatever entertainment happened to be on that night, meant that you could eat your meal while watching the show or have already eaten and simply continue to have drinks.

The price of the meals (and the bar snacks during the day) were the cheapest we found locally and we didn't have one dodgy or sub-standard meal. In fact, when we ventured into the main town of Side, the bill was almost double what we we charged in the Kentia. Ali, the restaurant manager (who could take an order, organise staff and realise somebody wanted to pay a bill) had a wonderful, kind personality and had the viewpoint of "We think long-term. The bars in town won't care if you don't come back. We do!" I really though he was just talking the talk but this really is the philosophy of the whole staff. Nothing was too much trouble and they all had a good sense of humour too!

There is also a pool table and ping-pong table to help keep the kids amused!!

The down-side is the location of these apartments, however, a short taxi ride into town will only cost you approx £2/3 each way (there's always taxi's outside), or alternatively get a dolmas (local bus) for under £0.40p each way. DON'T let this put you off though!!

So, to summarize, the hotel staff are wonderful and really, really friendly. If it's a lazy, relaxing holiday you're after, in really comfortable, beautiful surroundings then the Kentia is the place to be!!!!

Ladies Feedback

In the last 18 weeks or so, has anybody had an incident in the Spa/Health Salon at Kentia? On my third day of holiday I was subjected to a frightening and disturbing attack. The Salon staff are husband and wife team. It took a week for rep/management to meet with me and then they didn't know what to do. I couldn't be moved (fully booked elsewhere) and was absolutely terrified day and night. Please if anyone has had a similar experience please contact me.

Brilliant place!

Had 2 weeks with 14 yr old son & 18 yr old daughter & we all had a great time. Kentia Hotel an oasis. Lovely big pool, very safe & SO clean! We found restaurant really nice & not expensive. Apartments spacious & balconies ample. Nearest beach 15 mins walk away & perfectly nice & very clean, clear water. Walking along the beach in the evenings to get into Side town is a lovely way of getting there - and a real variety of places to eat on the way! Taxis not expensive, either & plenty of them - go to Gokham shop very close to the hotel for better taxi fares & prices in the shop. Hugely recommend Moonlight restaurant on the east side of town - really different menu & great food & prices & lovely location overlooking the sea. Take an empty suitcase, be prepared to have fun & bargain prices in the markets, and you'll get wonderful designer everything. Turkish people very friendly and welcoming. Jeep safari is a must & we saw the best Dolphin show ever at Aqualand. Can't recommend Kentia hotel too highly - we're sure you won't be disappointed!

Totally perfect in every way

Just got back from 1 week at Kentia and the only way I can describe it is perfect. My friend and I are both 22 and loved everything about the hotel.
The staff were great and nothing was to much trouble for them, the food was very nice and really cheap, and the place was so clean that you could eat your dinner off the floor. Just booked to go back next year but for 2 weeks.

overall great holiday

These apartments are very clean and the staff here are very friendly, they are not situated in a very good location and are just basically in the middle of nowhere, the pool area is excellent, but unfortunately there does not seem to be enough sunbeds to go around so make sure you are up early to put your towels on the loungers. Speaking of being up early anyone who like me likes to lie in until after 10 may not like the fact that the entertainer plays Cockrels crowing very loudly in a bid to get people up, we had a room at the back of the hotel and could still hear this even though the door was shut, the view that we had was not the best, but the ones at the front have a pool view which is much nicer to be looking at than a building site. The food at the restauraunt at the apartments overall was good, and not expensive, overall we had a fantastic holiday at Kentia but I would not go again due to the fact it is basically in the middle of nowhere.

Holiday from hell

by TripAdvisor Member Croft58

If you like no heating and no constant hot water this is the hotel for you.
We went late in the year and the weather had some hot / some cold / some windy and some very wet days and the evenings were very cold and you needed the heating and hot water, endless complaining didn't have any effect on the management.They would say go back to the room and turn hot water on for 10mins, if that doesn't work come back, guess what I went back, and it was the same with the heating they would say they would put it on between 10pm to 2am but didn't.
The swimming pool was minus and took your breath away as you jumped in.

So Good We've Already Booked For Next Year

We stayed here the 2nd week in May 06, the apartment was spacious and spotless, cleaned every day, lovely gardens and pools cannot fault anything.
We usually stay in hotels but gave these a try, so good that we've already booked for two weeks next May. Staff very nice, food very nice, probably one of the most relaxing holidays we've ever had. See you next year.

Swimmingpool in HotelSwimmingpool in Hotel

kentia apartments, side TURKEY

by bridder

Hello,

I'm searching for so long but i can't find the kentia apartments phone number. please help me out!

greets, britt de Korte
(from the netherlands)

Re: kentia apartments, side TURKEY

by leics

If it is this place:

then their phone and fax numbers are on the page I've linked.

Comments