Barhal Hotels

• bridget3009 profile photo bridget3009
  • Reviews: 3

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Karahan Pension: Perfect position in wonderful surroundings

We arrived in the middle of the night by taxi, and unloaded our gear. It was then winched up 100m to the pension. We also climbed the 100m to be shown our rooms. Basic accomodation but with very clean toilets and showers (communal). Dont forget to take your boots off when you walk across the communal areas.

We was woken at around 08:00 after about 4 hours sleep, and went to breakfast, in the veranda. With the most spectacular scenary and an abundance of wasps! To hospitatily was fabulous and we were helped with our gear again, to winch back to the road.

Our journey to the Avusor Plateau, Kackar Daglari commenced!

Hospitality and generosity!

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Hiking and Walking, Mountain Climbing, Camping
  • Written March 2, 2008

• Tdiver profile photo Tdiver
  • Reviews: 1227

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Karahan: Get a more relaxed way of life.

Lovely place to stop and chill at.Great big terrace to eat and chill on.Food was good so no need to walk back into the village.
Right next to the church/mosque.
Don't lump your bags upto the pension,they have a pulley system rigged up which you will have already noticed in a lot of places by the roadside.
Holds around 15-20 people.
Take some bug spray if you want to sleep outside on the terrace at night.

You can forget about the outside world as you look out across the valley,with the rushing sound of the stream below.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Hiking and Walking, Backpacking
  • Written September 9, 2006
Tip Photo

Terrace at Karahan pension,Barhal/Altiparmak.

• rjaparidze profile photo rjaparidze
  • Reviews: 148

Unknown

As I never stayed for an overnight in Barhal I can not say much. Though I know from my friends that staying over at pensions costs about 15 USD. The stay includes breakfast (and I think dinner as well though I am not sure).

Here I just include a picture of hotel signs…

• Opinion of Price: N/A