Kusadasi Mursel Pansiyon

Ladies BeachLadies Beach

KusadasiKusadasi

small mall

by aineki

Hi, I was in turkey in August I bought a ring in the jewellers down in the docks, it was the first jewellers shop we seen as we came off the cruise ship. Would you have any information on this shop. I intend in going back in 08 for a holiday Thanks. Aine

Re: small mall

by kustur

Ha you must know that most of the shops beside the Cruise Port has prices to suit Cruise passengers.

If you get a Dolmus to Soke [about 20 mins away] you will find stacks of jewellery shops frequented by the locals.

Bought a bargai Solatire there about two years ago.

Travel Tips for Kusadasi

And after the silk is made?

by Arial_27

After they make the silk from the caterpillar cacoons, they weave it into carpets and rugs. You will see a lot of rug manufacturing and shops here in Kusadasi. As you can see this woman here has a picture infront of her of what the carpet should look like when it's finished.
There are three main kinds of carpets that are sold here: silk, wool and cotton. One carpet can take anywhere from a few months to a few years to make. the gentleman that took us through this carpet factory showed us the different carpets made from different regions in Turkey. You can tell where the carpet was made by the design on the carpet itself.

Ephesus and Turkish Baths

by tashmina

Ephesus ~ fantastic place, but don't book it through your rep as you are liable to also end up in a leather factory watching a terrible fashion parade. Book through a local tour operator (there are two either side of Dedem Kebab in Saglik St, but their names escape me).

Turkish bath ~ do it on your 1st day to maximise your suntan! Again maybe cheaper if you don't go with a rep. You'll pay a good price with your rep but get less time in the baths.

Kusadasi - The Bird Island

by Minashka

There is a great Turkish movie called "Calikusu" and in that movie they show Kusadasi and how beautiful it is! Well I'd been wanting to go and see it for myself ever since I watched that movie and that was long, long time ago... I finally made it there this summer and so glad I did :) They say Kusadasi isn't as beautiful as it used to be, but I still found it enchanting! It reminded me of Bodrum in a way, although Bodrum is smaller and much more Europeanized ;-) Both are great places to visit in the summer and maybe in winter too but I haven't done that yet...

On my way to Kusadasi there was a couple from a Scandinavian country sitting next to me in dolmus and I asked to borrow their guide-book. Only then did I find out about the "Kadinlar plaji" - Ladies Beach ;-) First I thought it was for ladies only - well not anymore, but it must've been at some point and hence the name. The beach was crowded on such a hot and beautiful summer day but I still found a spot to kick back and enjoy the sun! The water was like a soothing balm for the soul and I couldn't get enough of it...

Comments