Surtel Hotel Kusadasi

More about Kusadasi

Kusadasi from Pigeon IslandKusadasi from Pigeon Island

Mike at the Bakkhos GuesthouseMike at the Bakkhos Guesthouse

Aqua FantasyAqua Fantasy

woman weaving carpets from silkwoman weaving carpets from silk

Visa requirement for Turkey

by Mrs.K.

My husband and I are off to Kusadasi in a weeks time and I am trying to find out if we have to get a visa. We will be staying for 1 week, I hold an Austrian passport and my husband holds a UK passport. Do we have to obtain a visa before we travel or can it be purchased upon arrival at the airport. Does anyone know how much it costs and if you have to pay in local currency?

by leics

As I recall, there was a rather pushy rushy queue to buy 3-month visas on landing in Turkey (Dalaman), to which we were directed by an airport official. You can get them beforehand from the Turkish embassy/consulate, but it seems pointless unless you intend to stay for longer.

You and your husband will both need visas. They cost 10GBP for the UK citizen, may vary for others. Can't remember what we paid with (though suspect it was local currency), but I think it's best to carry some Turkish money for the purpose.

by hawkhead

You both need a visa. Both can be obtained upon arrival. The UK one costs £10. Last time I went they took both cash and credit cards! You can pay either in local currency or US$ or UK£. Must be exact money - no change given. Sorry, don't know how much the cost is for an Austrian passport but shouldn't imagine it is much more than £10. It's the Canadians who are fleeced in the cost of a visa - US$60!

by KayaKoyuOldBoy

A 3 month multiple entry visa will cost a UK passport holder £10 and can be bought at Dalaman airport. Make sure you hand over a £10 note with your passport at the visa desk and get a sticker BEFORE going to the Passport desk.

Your husband will find it easier to pay in Euros, ( I think it's 15 Euros, but he needs to check it) as that is the currency of his Passport issuing country.

The visa desks will accept Sterling ( NOT Scottish or Irish banknotes, Euros, USD and they also have the facility to accept credit cards although they often seem reluctant to do so.

DO NOT get a visa from the Turkish Consulate in London prior to travel, because as well as the time and money spent going there, they'll charge you £50 for the exact same visa period.

by ruffen

hawhead, you do NOT pay the most:) Norwegians pay 30 USD or 20 Euro for only 1 month.

I have a link in a tip at my turkey page to the latest updates from turkey.

Travel Tips for Kusadasi

Kaleici, the old part of Kusadasi

by Aggeliki

"Kaleici" meand "inner castle" in Turkish. Kaleici is the oldest part of the town. It is a historical area, with old houses in which many restaurants, shops and some night clubs are situated. You can find also some turkish baths (hammam) in this area. In the local shops you can buy souvenirs and other products with not a very good quality, but with very low prices.

Guzelcamli Milli Park... National park..

by Erkmen

One of the nice sites to visit in Kusadasi is the Guzelcamli National park..

Guzelcamli is 30 km from Kusadasi and there are regular mini buses to the park.. The park itself is isolated and under protection... A true nature paradise..

The beaches in the park are best places to swim near kusadasi and when you see the water you will learn what "Crystal clear" means.. The park is called as "Kalamaki" by the locals and an ideal site to spend a lasy day..

Silas in Kusadasi

by silasm

"Partying In Kusadasi"

We took a bus to Kusadasi so we did not have to drive after having a few drinks. Kusadasi is an Aegean seaside party town. We visited a street with about 30 nightclubs with all types of music and all types of people. I guess 80% of the people were from Europe and USA. We went into a club and danced the night away!

"Crazy night of paryting"

Kusadasi is one fun town!

"Turkish Dancing"

After a fun night of dancing in a bar we went to a Turkish music club and the music moved me to dance! I learned how to dance at a Turkish wedding the year before so I jumped to my feet and moved to the beat of the music.

Comments