Value Score Poor Value
Good For Solo
Avoid Ayvalik Beach Hotel at all costs!
It was a horrible experience and would not recommend anyone to stay here...I have broken out my comments in several topics: My family (myself, wife and 1 year daughter) stayed at the Ayvalik Beach Hotel between Aug 6 - 16, 2009 – we paid 610 Euros for 10 days.
• Wait staff was the worse!
• No one every said “hi” or “how is your stay”. Front staff and waiters never smiled and were always cold. We did not feel welcomed.
• We have a one year old daughter. After the 2nd night the 3 waiters came up to us and said our daughter was making too much of a mess at dinner and told us we had to clean up after her…they actually took me behind the bar to show me where they keep the broom!
• At dinner, each night it took us until the end of the dinner before they offered us a drink….that cost us 30 euros!
• Our room had no air conditioner remote. We asked for a new one, but were told we could not have one…and suggested ne knocked on our neighbours door to borrow theirs if we wanted to turn it on!
• Never any towels for the beach….always claimed “being washed”
• At dinner they offered 10-15 salads and 4 hot dishes. It was the same salad each night and the hot dishes were often cold and tasted terrible.
• What was not eaten at night turned up in a salad the next morning
• They offered coffee, water and tang in the morning…but not even water for dinner. You had to buy all dinner drinks
• During our stay they raised all prices…which was VERY expensive to begin with…Beer (.33l) went from 5.00 TLY to 6.5 TLY (or 2.5 to 3.25 Euros). Cola 4 TLY to 5TLY wine 20 TLY to 30 TLY (15 Euros)
• All other foods doubled in price
• You WERE NOT allowed to bring in your own water / food….if you do you will be charged!
• No hot water – ever
• Mini-bar never worked
• All of us were bitten by bugs – all over!
DO NOT STAY…………Trust me avoid at all costs!!!!!!!!
Great views across the bay
Great service but there were probably only another 4 guests when we were there,more came later.It was end of season.
Unique Quality: Fantastic views from all the rooms.Peaceful,lovely pool,doesn't get much more serene.
Directions: 8km out of town to the south,signposted off to your right.
More about Ayvalik Beach Hotel
I will go to istanbul next week from Greece, but I don't want to spend 1 day just for transportaion.
Who can tell me where could I find a overnight bus(or boat) between Greece and Turkey??
RE: overnight bus
Using www.gtp.gr I determined that there is an overnight ferry that leaves Athens/Piraeus between 4PM and Midnight depending on the day, and arrives in Lesvos, the Greek island closest to Istanbul with a ferry connection into Turkey, sometime the next day . From Lesvos you would then take a ferry to Ayvalik, Turkey, then a bus the rest of the way to Istanbul, presumably through Canakkale.
Here is a link to the list of ferries from Piraeus to Lesvos:
Here is a link for ferry schedules from Lesvos to Ayvalik as well as from other Greek islands to various Turkish ports:
RE: overnight bus
There are some bus companies coming to Turkey from Greece. One of them is Ulusoy. Probably Kamil Koc has got buses too but i'm not sure.. Departure is on Saturdays..
00 30 10 513 57 68
00 30 10 513 57 69
00 30 41 059 01 64
00 30 31 053 83 67
00 30 51 083 62 51
00 30 54 102 78 40
00 30 54 102 26 83
00 30 53 102 34 50
00 30 53 102 41 88
00 30 53 102 36 43
Ulusoy Akropolis ?? (it must be Alexandropolis..)
00 30 551 26 395
Popular Hotels in Ayvalik
Sarmisakli Plaj, Ayvalik
Ataturk Bulvari 54, Ayvalik
Hurriyet Cad. No 19, Sarimsakli Ayvalik
Lale Adasi No.1, Ayvalik
Explore the World
- Centara Karon Resort Phuket
- Portside Resort
- Nizmar Resort
- Mount Zion Hotel
- Costa Encantada Aparthotel
- Days Inn Merrillville In
- Rydges Palmerston North
- Permai Park Inn
- Etap Hotel Flensburg City
- Buccaneer Inn Motor Lodge
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang
- Pontin's Camber Sands Centre
- Red Coconut Hotel
- Madrid Oceanfront Resort