Buyuk Berk

Ataturk bulvarI Kahramanlar Mah Kumsal, Sok No:1 Sar?msakl?, Ayvalik, 10425, Turkey

Despegar.com

Rated 22% higher but also costs 82% more than other 3 star hotels

• traveloturc's Profile Photo

Good one in Ayvalik

This is my second home in Ayvalik .
    Büyük Berk Hotel is placed in sarmisakli beach which is most filled with oxygen.This hotel is only 7 km away from downtown Ayvalýk, 150 km away from the Izmir airport, and 45 km away from the Korfez Airport. Büyük Berk Hotel is built on 20,000 metre square area and it stays across the street from the beach and the Aegean Sea. The beach itself contains 150m of free recliners and umbrellas. This facility with 180 rooms has 2 pools.The resort that opened in 1988 was renovated in 2006 and 2007 to make all of the rooms and outdoors more modern and comfortable.
    Be careful with mosquitoes in August..

Unique Quality: easy going

More about Ayvalik

at lastat last

Ayvalik HousesAyvalik Houses

the beachthe beach

Lokma sweet.Lokma sweet.

I need a help here?

by Alisaaa

Could u pls tell me some more information about Ayvalik..me and my School are coming on a vocation there..so on my first impresion on the photos are not so good so could u pls tell me some more information?

RE: I need a help here?

by FAIRYCHIMNEY

hey there ,
ayvalik to me is one of the cutest aegean towns.fish restaurants,seagulls all around ,beatiful architecture in the narrow streets...i know its mostly spoiled through new constructions but still keeps the soul.if your into coastal acitivites such as lazing around,having good food, chilling out in the sun with a cold beer in your hand Ayvalik is the place to go ...

RE: I need a help here?

by AlperIst

Hi Alisa,

Ayvalik is a nice town but not so much. I stayed in Taksiyarhis Pension that is an old Greek house, cheap and specişal place to stay. Inside Ayvalik town not much fun and sightseeing. Some old houses and churches.

But Cunda island, connected by a road to Ayvalik is a nicer Aegean town and worth to stay. Seaside fish restaurants, cute narrow streets with local little houses. You can have a nice and long walk in the island, outside the Cunda town. But it is still not a main toursitic destination.

By the way, last summer I visited your country and stayed in Skopje, Doyran, Ohrid and Stip. Amazingly friendly people, beautiful country. I was travelling Balkans independently and my first country was Macedonia. It was unbelievable; in any town I felt home by the invitations and warm behaviours of Macedonians.

Cheers!

Alper

Travel Tips for Ayvalik

Seytan Sofrasi ( Devil 's Banquet )

by traveloturc

The name of this place is Seytan Sofrasi and the meaning is The Banquet of the Devil ..It looks like arolling stones song )))
Its situate in the hill of sarmisakli beach and you can watch from the top Ayvalik,Alibey ( cunda) and the beaches of Sarmisakli.
There is huge footprint on the top and they believe that this is the foot print of the devil .But its difficult to understand why they throw money to the hole of the footprint of the devil.I ve been here many many times but I ve never have the chance to meet the devil or eat something with him .
Its a wonderful place to watch he sundown and unfortunatel its crowded nowadays ...

Island Cunda

by goga4444

Island Cunda is not actually and island LOL It is connected to the mainland with a bridge. It is a little (not)island with a port and lot of fish restaurants. What I liked there is how they arrange the fresh fish in the refrigerators. The fish look like a painting... Anyway I like Cunda very much, and it is easy to get there by local bus or boat.

Sarimsakli Mosque

by Kuznetsov_Sergey

While strolling around Sarimsakli I saw only one Mosque what was quite surprising for me. As I could realize Sarimsakli is a modern town which hasn’t got thorough religious infrastructure yet.

You can watch my 4 min 36 sec Video Ayvalik Sarimsakli HD slide show out of my Youtube channel with Turkish pop music by Sertab – Back to the beach.

Cinarli Mosque

by traveloturc

Cinarlý Mosque is situated in the district of Hamdibey in the street of Alibey .This mosque also is a convered church and it was build in 1790 and converted to mosque in the year of 1923.Total area is consist of 2800 m2 although the mosque is based on 600 m2.The height is 30 m and the height of the minaret is 38 m
its based on 32.40 mX 15.90 ( east ) 20.25 m ( west )

To Taste Lokma ( sweet ) in Cunda

by traveloturc

Lokma is a kind of fried-dough pastry made of deep fried dough soaked in sugar syrup or honey and cinnamon, and sometimes sprinkled with sesame.
The Turkish word lokma means 'mouthful' or 'morsel', luqmat al-qadi (judge's mouthful) was described by al-Baghdadi in the 13th century and is made in Arab countries to this day.

Comments