Grand Temizel Hotel

Booking.com Otel.com Priceline.com

Costs 95% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about Ayvalik

AyvalikAyvalik

waiting for the sunsetwaiting for the sunset

Ayvalik HousesAyvalik Houses

Büyük BerkBüyük Berk

Bus from Ayvalik to Selcuk

by travtales

Is there a direct bus from Ayvalik to Selcuk in Aug? Done some research online and seemed like most connections are via Izmir.

by brotherleelove

I think you're correct, that you will have to change in Izmir.

by Nuclei

Normally you should check the buses to places like Marmaris, Bodrum, etc which I guess plenty. Those should pass through Selcuk. However, now there is a highway and this does not go through Selcuk. I believe most of the buses go through the highway. The only possibility for you should be the buses going to Kusadasi. Those should go by Selcuk.

On the other hand, I believe all buses going to south from Ayvalik, to stop in Izmir for a while.

Cheers

by Sirvictor

please ask this question in Ayvalık bus terminal. they will give you the best answer.

Travel Tips for Ayvalik

Ayvalik Houses

by traveloturc

Ayvalik house has a different caracteristics..Its 2.5 0r 3 floor.The basement has a different technic of building and its based on stones .The building date of the house is situated on the triangle façade.
Normally the first floor is used as a shop.

Sarmisakli Beaches

by traveloturc

Sarmisakli is the common name of the 22 beaches in the area.all the beaches are open to the public and the given names have nothing to do with the hotels around.
There is 6 official campings 59 hotels 160 restaurants in the area
The beach is 5 km long and 50-100 m depth.They say that the radiation is the best in Turkiye ( I m not so sure about this comment ).
The beaches are situated 8km to the city.

The Church of Portaitsa

by traveloturc

The church of Portaitsa is situated in the district of Sakarya in the city.Total area is 1163 m2 although the church is based only in 135 m2 .This is the smallest church of the city .The height is only 8 m and the size is 13.05m X 7.35 m

Silica Gem

by ozalp

I visit this place whenever I go to Cunda. It shares a wall with the house I dream to own. And also it is next to the primary school.
You can visit Silica Gem both as a museum and a jewelry shop. I remember that its owner was a geologist or something. They collect different kinds of rocks, fossils and minerals and design some souvenirs, necklaces, bracelets, etc. There is a big amethyst inlayed to the floor, in front of its entrance.
You can find the rocks of your zodiac sign (if you believe these) or you can have a unique jewelry. They produce only a single copy of every design. And they only produce a replica if the owner of the original wants so. This is what I read in their web site.
I must admit that their prices are very high and I couldn’t buy anything from this shop. But I love to see their designs and their rock and fossil collection.
Don’t expect a big place. They have only 2 rooms and an atelier. Silica Gem is a modest museum.

Cunda Island - Walk from Ayvalik center to Cunda

by June.b

We took a bus from Sarimsakli to Ayvalik Central, buses comes every 15 to 30 minutes.

Got down at Ayvalik central and walk our way to the clean coastline of Ayvalik which is in the center itself. I was with two of my local friends, and I thought we are juz going to walk around the area, so we continue strolling the boardwalk until there is this clear view of the two small greek island on the horizon, entering a village with this big hotel on the let side.

We continued walking for more than 2 kilometers and I happen to start sweating, it's winter but the sun is glaringly warm, so I asked my friends where we are heading, they said Cunda. So how far is Cunda? About 4 kilometers more..... the bus is available and we were walking?

Can't complain, the view along the way is really nice, ocean here and there, nice, neat and new houses, green olive trees, the view at the bridge on both sides are really postcard perfect.

And yes...we were the only people walking along the way.... couple of cars stopped asking us the way to Cunda Island...

Comments