Hotel Mare

Ayvalik HousesAyvalik Houses

Sarmisakli beachesSarmisakli beaches

Ayvalik - Pammukale

by jovici

I am going to Ayvalik in August with my family.This time (we were last year and had a great great time) we would like to visit Pammukale.How far is it from Ayvalik, is there some organised tours, and if we are on our own can we go, visit and come back in one day. Any suggestions about what-to-see (Pergamon, Ephesus, Troy are allready done).Thanx

by ricky52

Not sure where Ayvalik is, but you can go to Pammukale as a tour or make your own way there.
I don’t think a day is long enough, it does take a while to get there and there is a lot to see.
The hotels in Pammukale are fairly cheap depending on what standard you desire.
I have driven there 3 times and stayed the night each time.

by isildur06

Fron Denizli to İzmir it is two and a half hours. From Ayvalik to İzmir around two hours. So it takes about five hours as there is some distance like 20 kms from Pamukkale to Denizli. You had better stay one night in my opinion.
There are many tours to Pamukkale from all around the country. There should be one from Ayvalik as well.

RE: RE: Ayvalik - Pammukale

by jovici

Thanks a lot guys

by traveloturc

Hi Ayvalık is approximately 350 km far to pamukkale.You can find organized tours from Izmir.I suggest you Ephesus ,pergamum,Selcuk/House of virgin Mary and you can check my pages of Pamukkale as well
good luck

Travel Tips for Ayvalik

Korfez Diving Center.

by Tdiver

Unfortunately not in English yet but it is in Turkish and German.
Ayvalik DIVE SPOTS
Great bunch of guys who really look after you. Well run with good guiding.
Ayvalik is especially famous for it's red coral, but you'll need to be at least a 2 star, Advanced or Dive leader to get down to 40m where it's found.
Lots of sponges around, leopard sea slugs all over. Common Spiny lobsters, morays, congers, rockfish, bream, wrasse, blennies and even some larger forkbeard amongst other things. Bring your own or rental available.

Scuba

by ozalp

I searched the diving opportunities of Ayvalik just for my brother because I don't dive. There are many diving locations around islands. You can see them in the web page of Korfez Diving. They have the links but unfortunately, their pages in English don't exist. So, I'll inform you a little bit about the links:
You can use "Dalis Noktalari" for seeing the diving locations on the map, "Teknemiz" to see their boat, "Arsiv" for photo archive, "Rezervasyon" for reservation.

They can arrange accommodation for you, if you want.

Island Cunda II

by goga4444

Like all towns and places in Turkey have a staue of Kemal Ataturk (a father of Turkish nation) or main avenue, or a bridge named after him, Cunda is no exeption to this. There is a statue of Kemal (photo5). It is really nice to take a walk by the sea... it somehow reminded me of Greece. Well this part of Turkey was inhabited by Greeks till 1925,during Kemal Ataturk presidensy, when "people exchange" was made. Greeks were sent to Greece, so Greeks don't live here anymore.

I think that in Turkey is forbiden by law to offend and misuse the name of Kemal Ataturk. Turkish people respect and adore him very much. He gave them latin aphabet, he stopped using Sheriat laws and since then they have only one wife.

Ayvalik Islands and the Lesbos Island

by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Ayvalik is located on the Aegean Sea coast, facing the Greek island of Lesbos.
Ayvalik Islands are the group of islands around Ayvalik district. There are 22 islands and numerous rocks in the group, with Cunda Island, now a peninsula, being the largest.
Unfortunately I could watch them from aside and didn’t get in any case…

The Lesbos Island was perfectly seen from my balcony, so I had an opportunity to think over what I knew about it and its history while watching it in the evening.

Swiming

by goga4444

Water is crystal clear and the sandy beach is nice. Now water can be colder somedays depending on wind and sea currents. While you swim you can see Greek island Lesbos, it is 15 km away from the Sarimsakli beach.

Comments