Canakkale Ili Hotels

Our Members Say

• balhannah profile photo balhannah
  • Reviews: 9332

ANZAC HOTEL: Hotel in good position

This Hotel is located opposite the Clock Tower, and a short walk to the Ferry Terminal, and also the Truva Bus Office. A very good location. I found the staff to be very helpful and nice. Nothing was too much for them. They also have a good selection of Brochures on Turkey, in all languages. They gave me infomation on Gallipoli when I arrived. My room was large, with a city view. It had a T.V. Fridge, Air conditioning, the shower was in a small bath (a bit hard to get into) and a Double bed. This was a Single room. Internet was FREE. They had a lift, which is great when your older!
BREAKFAST WAS INCLUDED, and this was a Buffet which had ample to choose from.
My stay here was pleasant and I would stay here again.

Within easy reach of the Transport you need.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Singles
  • Written July 8, 2009

Anzac Hotel

• graeme83 profile photo graeme83
  • Reviews: 403

Anzac House: Anzac House

Probably the best budget option for Canakkale. The rooms are well mantained although there is no real common area in the hostel apart from a big projector tv. Downstairs is a tours office that offers tours around Gallipoli and Troy.

If you have never seen the film Gallipoli they show it here every night.

The location is excellent, being about 50m along the road from the ferry and a maximum 5 min walk from everywhere else.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written December 21, 2008

• albaaust profile photo albaaust
  • Reviews: 722

Kervansaray Hotel: A good moderate priced hotel

This was a reasonably comfortable hotel in the heart of Canakkale within walking distance to the promenade, ferry and bus stop. The double room was a good size and comfortable, the bathroom clean.

The staff were friendly and efficient. Internet service. Breakfast was OK.

Great location for what we wanted. We could walk to major sites.

• Related to: Backpacking, Historical Travel, Singles
  • Written August 17, 2008

Bathroom

• boocik04 profile photo boocik04
  • Reviews: 105

Iris Hotel, Canakkale: Magnificent View of the Dardanelles

The hotel is about 15 km south from Canakkale, at the beach - right by the water with scintillating views of the Dardanelles.

The room was pleasantly decorated (although the pillows were a bit too soft and flat for my liking), with a bathroom of a good size, and a nice balcony with view to the pool and the Dardanelles. Everything was sufficiently clean however, the pool was a bit dirty when I stayed there early spring.

Meals were included in the rate - buffet for both dinner and breakfast. There was a large selection available for both meals and the food was of a decent standard, not gourmet, but sufficient to satisfy most palettes.

The location of the dining area was great, alongside the beach where I was able to eat breakfast as the sun rises across the Dardanelles in the morning- providing me with a memorable spectacle.

The great view of the Dardanelles was simply breathtaking from the balcony of my room.

• Written July 30, 2008
Tip Photo

The view of the Dardenelles from my balcony

• SurfaceTravel profile photo SurfaceTravel
  • Reviews: 302

Hotel Helen: Better than average Turkish mid-level hotel

This was our first hotel stay in Turkey outside of Istanbul, so at first we thought is was a bad hotel. In hindsight, it is actually a pretty decent hotel by Turkish standards, which I now think are generally poor.

The location is perfect: right in the centre of town and just across the circle from the ferry terminal. The rooms were pretty basic: what I would call a 1- or 2-star, what they might call 3-star. We had a decent view (photo attached) and had no complaints with the staff.

They have their own secured parking lot around back - the first right up the one-way lane after the hotel, and the first driveway on the right again. You may have to send someone around front to get them open it if they don't see you.

If we were to stay in Çanakkale again, we would probably stay in this hotel.

• Related to: Family Travel, Historical Travel, Archeology
  • Written March 22, 2008

Ferry terminal at ��anakkale, from Hotel Helen

• Knocko profile photo Knocko
  • Reviews: 22

Anzac house: Harbour view

A very friendly clean and imformative place to stay hot water with breakfast included
A triple room with abusy harbour view cost 90 ytl for two nights excursions can also be booked from this hostle

• Written March 9, 2008

Just arrived

• JohnniOmani profile photo JohnniOmani
  • Reviews: 552

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Anzac House: I have a lot to say about this one

Well where do I start? I obviously stayed here because it is almost next to the ferry and after a long bus ride I was anxious to put my bag down and get to sleep. The place itself is very organized and clean and the rooms are huge with extremely clean beds and washrooms. My first night was brilliant because I was alone in the room and it was so quiet but unfortunately my second night was spoiled by obnoxious ozzies (8 of them) who were there to party, see the war sites and move on which from what I hear is about 80% of the travellers that pass through this place. The place shows the same movie every night (boring and not everyone is a hard core Anzac historian/nut) so mix it up and the internet is expensive and unreliable. Unless you like bragging over the top ozzies, try another place.

The rooms are massive, well organized and very clean.

• Written April 10, 2007

• Termal profile photo Termal
  • Reviews: 8

Kolin Hotel, Canakkale: Nice Hotel But Located outside Canakkale-Center

Kolin Hotel is located by the Dardanel strait. It is a 5-star hotel with good organisation. Therefore, beeing a 5-star hotel, it has high standards.
Few minutes from the hotel by walking, you have Migros shopping center with a large supermarket, some shops and cafes. You can spend some time there in the evenings.
If high standards are not very important for you, and if you want to experience the lively city center of Canakkale, then other smaller hotels in the center may be advised.
Since it was in November, I did not try to swim in the sea. I believe that swimming in the season would be a good idea.

• Written December 28, 2006

• gonzo747 profile photo gonzo747
  • Reviews: 277

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Anzac house: You'll definately meet other backpackers here

I stayed here for two days in a dormitory. The dorm had six beds. (9YTL per night, breakfast not included)
For the first time in turkey (in winter) there were many other travellers in my room. Which felt good.
Downstairs there is a dvdplayer where you can see a documentary about gallipolli.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average