Hasan Tahsin Cad., Pamukkale, Denizli, 20280, Turkey

Melrose House Hotel
Travelocity Expedia.com Booking.com

• mikelisaanna's Profile Photo

A friendly little hotel with a pool

The Melrose Allgau is a small hotel on the edge of Pamukkale's town. While it doesn't have the best location in town, it does have clean rooms with full bathrooms, a nice little swimming pool and a small outdoor dining area with very good Turkish dinners and breakfasts. The breakfast at this hotel was one of the best that we had in Turkey.

The only downside to this hotel is that it's location isn't that attractive (it is adjacent to a vacant lot on one side and a low-end backpacker motel on another side. However, the friendly owners, great food, nice rooms, and swimming pool more than make up for that flaw. It also has airconditioning and Wi-Fi internet service. We enjoyed our stay there and have recommended it to friends.

Directions: About 1/2 km from the Pamukkale town center.

More about Melrose Allgau Hotel

Olympos

by 80-bettyboo about Turkmen Tree Houses

Just to relax under orange tree..
the price is 7-8 US $ including bed&brekfass&dinner
**a trip to Firestone (Chimeria) which is the most beautiful place in olympos** Tree Houses
Bungalows
Table tennis
Camp Fire
Water Sports.
Boat Cruise

I can't remember the exact one...

by vichortonsza

I can't remember the exact one i stayed in but in the town of Olympus (where the olympic flame comes from, there are rock which excrete gas which burns continually) there are 4 or 5 tree house hostels, the beach is close by and is strewn with ancient roman architectual remnants
about five pounds stirling with breakfast Tree houses for two, lovely and cool.

Selecting the right treehouse

by Sgtzimm about Kadirs Treehouses

Arriving at Olympus Beach we had pre arranged acomodation at Kadirs Treehouses a little unaware of the quantity of other options available in the area. Many of which are walking distance to the beach rather than needing a courtesy bus. The staff were a mixture of turkish and australian and were a little jaded. Our room was a box built out of scrap wood atop another box and was kind of tied to a tree somehow. Security is almost non existant and there apeared to be only 6 share toilets for nealy 100 guests. Other Guesthouses in the area were smaller and looked much nicer. Kadirs was almost like a small village of stilt and tree houses which encircle a large common building which was built around a large tree.
Despite its short commings, the atmosphere was nice, with multiple lounging areas, sporting areas, nightclub, resturaunt and burger bar. Although most of the guests were consumed with posing while playing volleyball.
Regardless, Olympus beach is amazing: Walking through crumbling roman ruins until suddenly bursting onto a beach that is overlooked by the ruins of a medievil castle.

Tree Houses in Olympos

by 80-bettyboo

If u would love to have a rest under the trees,swim in one of the best beach ,and live for a while away from everything..and climb up to 'live' flames flaring up from the rocks(chimera)
as for the history it was one of the 12 members of Lycia.

Family welcome and smiles

by TripAdvisor Member wheelchair2go

having taken a chance on arriving with 3 very hot and tired kids (15,12 and 8) we plumped for this hotel. The standrad was fantastic. The kids thought the budget tree houses were great and wanted to stay in them, but we opted for the upmarket (but very cheap) air conditioned rooms. Pool heavenly. Shaded garden a delight . The home cooking was simply wonderful and the breakfast a delicious spread. The family and staff were smiling and fun to be with. Go there!

A great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member AlaskaPatricia

We spent several days at the Melrose Allgau in April and would have spent much longer if we had more time. The owners, Ummu and Mehmet, made us feel right at home and went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable and comfortable. Ummu cooked some of the best meals we had during our month in Turkey. Her Sac Kebap is so delicious. The place is spotless, the garden/pool area very peaceful. I highly recommend this hotel.

Wonderful Hotel--And Fantastic Meals!

by TripAdvisor Member sandiegobill

We stayed here during April 2007. We had a large, clean room overlooking the garden and pool. Ummi, the owner, is an excellent chef--we ate all our meals at the hotel during our two-day stay in Pamukkale (including a sandwich Ummi made for our trip to Aphrodiaias). The hotel has a lovely garden and pool. While we were there the owners had just seen the latest edition of Lonely Planet, which incorrectly said that the hotel is owned by a German couple. I can assure you that Ummi and Mehmet are Turkish (Ummi’s mother was the previous owner of the hotel), and exhibit the highest standard of Turkish hospitality. The hotel is within walking distance of the travertines and Hierapolis. Both Ummi and Mehmet were extremely friendly and helpful. They picked us up at the bus station and arranged transportation for us to Aphrodiaias.

Lovely pension

by TripAdvisor Member WA_my_home

The young owners of this lovely pension really know how to make their guests feel welcome. They are both absolutely delightful, with ready advice about the best way to get to the travertine pools and the ancient ruins of Hierapolis.

Our room was light and airy, and absolutely spotless, and although quite warm during the day, it cooled down nicely at night. We stayed in the newer building (the Melrose Hotel section), which is just 3 years old.

An excellent breakfast was included, served in the spectacular tree- and flower-filled courtyard, amid pomegranate trees and blossoms.

We also opted to have dinner there, which was quite good. The owners told us about a "back way" walk to get to the travertine pools at Pamukkale. It was an easy and nice 10 minute walk, wandering along the back streets of the small town of Pamukkale. Certainly no need to pay for parking at the site when the pension is so close!

Best Food I Had in Turkey

by TripAdvisor Member Muckraker

All the wonderful things people have already written about this place are true. I'll just add one point. When my wife and I were in Istanbul we ate at the Asitane Restaurant -- which both the Lonely Planet and the New York Times said was one of the best restaurants in Turkey. The food there was pretty good. But, I swear, Ummi's food at the Allgau hotel was better! Nothing really fancy, just simple, deliciously prepared food -- including lots of great vegetables (great for me as a vegetarian). I'm not a big fan of eggplant/aubergine, but Ummi convinced me to try hers and it was the single best dish I had during our three-week trip.

in front of tree housesin front of tree houses

which treehouse

by natachab

which treehouse would you reccommend?? i have heard such varying reviews!!

by cachaseiro

i personally love kadirs treehouses.
mainly because kadir is such a charater himself.

by darylrose

if you're going to Olympos, Turkmen Treehouse is the place to stay in! Their food is wonderful, the staff is so nice, and their rooms are literally tree houses that are so comfortable plus they have great rates too!

by canadiantrav

I guess if I HAD to stay in a treehouse ( if there where no other options )I would say Bayrams..why because it is THE closest one to the beach...Kadir's tree houses are the farthest from the beach ( about 3-4kms ) but I guess they do have a shuttle service ( free or not I do not know ). Turkmens are located about mid way..

Please visit my homepage and my Olympos page for more details..I myself much prefer staying in Cirali over Olympos..but that is just my choice

by FAIRYCHIMNEY

hey there ,
olympos is kinda 'dorm-like' place and too crowded during summer time.its loads of fun at nite time anyway therefore i highly recommend bayram'in yeri which is my favorite to chill out / enjoy xx

Comments