Mustafa Hotel

Mustafa Hotel
Booking.com HostelBookers.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Pamukkale

View looking down at the stage..View looking down at the stage..

A group of white travertine terraces (on way up)A group of white travertine terraces (on way up)

Pamukkale Travertines, looking from townPamukkale Travertines, looking from town

Warm spring water comes out from some placesWarm spring water comes out from some places

From Pamukkale to Kas

by Hogyo

I'll be in pamukkale for the beginning of may.
Does it seem possible to reach in a one day bus trip , on sunday, the village of Kas, 100km south of Fethiye?
Thanks
Hogyo

by typhoidmary

It should be possible. You get a bus from Denizli to Antalya (about 6 hrs) and then Antalya to Kas (about 4 hours). Will be a long day, but it can be done in a day. I'd try Pamukkale Turizm, Varan, or Ulusoy bus lines for the Denizli - Antalya portion

by Karahan

I don't think if you can find a direct bus (especially from Pamukkale) to Kas. There must be buses from Denizli to Mugla or (Marmaris, Fethiye, Kas etc...). And "i guess" it takes 3 to 4 hours at least to get there if you would find any direct transportation like a car, bus or whatever...

by Hogyo

Thanks for your interest.
It seems that the Mugla road is much shorter to Kas (via fethiye).

by Sirvictor

"Pamukkale" Bus Company have service only during high season.As far as I know there is no service to Kash from Denizli until May 5th.Just ask at Pamukkale bus office while in Denizli. I think you have to change busses twice.
Write on a paper following in Turkish" and show it to bus office man:
"Kas'a gitmek istiyorum. Lutfen bana yardimci olunuz"
Rnglis:
"I want to go to Kas. Please help me"

by typhoidmary

Ahh...good point SirVictor. I had not thought about being on or off season for tourists

Travel Tips for Pamukkale

best memory

by ettenaj

may be not for me but definatly for my partner and all the men around at the time. we were coming out of the Cleopatra's pool and the most beautiful girl in the world walked past, even my jaw dropped!!!! she was stunning beyond belief. My partner thought he had died and had gone to heaven...... the coach driver, the coach drivers mate, and all males in the vacinity looked as if they had just seen an angel, my partner needed to be pinched to let him know it was for real!! Fond memories for him especially!!!!!!!!!!! Just wished we had our camera because I dint think we could ever see someone so perfect looking again. ( bet she had an awful personality.................just joking )lol

Sunrise in Pamukkale

by Kuznetsov_Sergey

As always I collect scenes of sunrises and sunsets wherever I happen to watch these nature miracles. Every sunrise and sunset is unique and I've never been tired watching them in reality and virtually on my videos.
Here in Pamukkale I was happy to see a wonderful sunrise over travertine and Cotton Castle.

You can watch my 1 min 15 sec Video clip Pamukkale Sunrise with Xenia Akeynikova – Dawn over Moscow music.

Kaklik Cave

by Kuznetsov_Sergey

This magnificent cave located thirty kilometers east of the city of Denizli south to Haydarbaba Türbe and 3 kilometers away. Kaklik Cave was created by an underground stream eating away the limestone and sulphurous rock of the region. It seems strange that a cave should be situated not on the nearby Mount Malý, which rises to 1277 metres and is made almost entirely of marble, but on a flat plain covered with cotton fields and vineyards.
The mouth of the cave lies near Kokarhamam Spring - the name literally meaning 'smelly bath' on account of the sulphurous fumes - which waters a reedy marsh crisscrossed by channels.

You can watch my 4 min 51 sec Video clip Pamukkale Kaklik Magarasi Cave with Vangelis – Blade Runner - Love Theme
and 2 min 38 sec Video clip Pamukkale Kaklik Cave Slide-show with Vangelis – Blade Runner - Love Theme.

You may watch my high resolution photo of Pamukkale on the Google Earth according to the following coordinates 37° 51' 19.10" N 29° 23' 7.68" E or on my Google Earth Panoramio Kaklik Cave .

night vision of pamukkale 1

by johnsakura

I got to Pamukkale in the night. Here I climbed the natural pools and look to the nearby city. I actually even done better. I went up to the warm waterfall and enjoyed one of the nicest moments of my life. I was able to do this because was during the night. you cant do this during daylight as the security men will spot you and take you out. Only after about 40 minutes that i climbed there and screamed a lot exploding with hapiness with the amazing scenery and lifetime experience hehe the guy went there. I was down already. no problem.

Hierapolis City Walls

by Kuznetsov_Sergey

The city walls were built similar to other cities of the Roman Empire with walls on the north, south and east sides of the city. 24 square towers were placed along the city walls. There were 4 entrances, two with monumental gates and two more small gates.

The monumental gates- Byzantine Gate and Domitianus' Gate - were situated on the main Colonnaded street. Unfortunately, most of the city walls were destroyed by earthquakes.

Comments