Erzurum Hotels

Our Members Say

• Jeff1304 profile photo Jeff1304
  • Reviews: 4

Kral Otel: Best Value Hotel in Erzurum

After trying several hotels in Erzurum my colleagues and I settled in the Kral Otel in the centre of the city. The hotel does not look much from the outside, but many of the rooms have been refurbished recently with interesting "themed" decoration. Suites offer excellent accommodation with substantial discounts on offer to long-stay guests. The staff are very friendly and do their best to help and the hotel is due to open a restaurant soon which promises to offer something other than kebab to eat. The owner speaks good English, but works in Istanbul so he is not always there. Good wireless internet access is included.

The themed bedrooms are very unusually decorated. Try a mosaic tiled bath for a different experience.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Historical Travel, Business Travel
  • Written October 30, 2006

• wfgray profile photo wfgray
  • Reviews: 5

Kral Otel: Neat location downtown

We stayed there one night. It was not easy to find due to the traffic, construction, and narrow street. I was hesitant to park our rented car out on the narrow street, but there was no problem. We were shown 3 different rooms of different sizes and locations, all at the same price, so it is good to look around. We chose one overlooking the street, which gave us a great view of street vendors, as well as a very cool breeze. No AC and no need for it. The room we chose was actually two rooms, so there was plenty of space. It was basic, but plenty nice enough. The bellman was very nice and helpful.

Mainly the downtown location. There's a park on the corner where there are vendors, outdoor cafes with music. The Guzelyurt Restaurant is very near by, as well as a dirt cheap internet cafe (we were served tea, and the charge was 1/2 YTL per hour). The most pleasant surprise, along with the cool air, was the warm reception we received from people in the park; they were very interested in an American couple visiting their city. The old medrese (Islamic school) is adjacent to the park.

• Written August 30, 2006

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4938

Yeni Cinar Oteli

The reason I didn't go here the first time I wassssss in Erzurum was rhat I thought it might be difficult to find when I arrived and many dark streets to walk alone in the evening. But that was wrong so this time I choosed Yeni Cinar Oteli. The service from the otogar dropped me just nearby.
No breakfast is served but the rooms are nice and clean with bathrooms and TV. And the staff is kind and helpful.
For one night I paid 15 000 000 TL.
If I ever go to Erzurum again this is where I would stay.

• Written July 6, 2004

A woman on her balkony

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4938

Kral Hotel

The hotel has rooms of different categories. The big and nice ones are 30 000 000 lira.
I stayed in a more simple room on the second floor for
17 500 000 lira (breakfast included). There was a TV in the room and one towel and toilet paper in the bathroom.
The location is very good. Just off the main road.

The price is for 2003.

• Written July 2, 2004
Tip Photo

• tommix profile photo tommix
  • Reviews: 90

Kral Otel: One of the best hotel experiences in Turkey

First impression was horrible. Noisy street, no place for parking, ugly building, renovation works ongoing at the entrance level. Hotel is closed - we thaught. Suddenly a guy in the hotel uniform came out, he showed us a reserved for hotel guests parking place and hidden stairs to the reception level. Nobody was speaking english so they called for "the boss". Few minutes later the boss was there and in fluent english he proposed to show us the rooms before we take any decision. Once in the room the decision was made in a second - very modern, nice, clean place with godo bathroom. All for slightly less then 30 dollars!

You can choose between four thematic floors - "Republic" with a big portrait of Ataturk, "Seljuk", "Ottoman" and "Paland?ken" (name of nearby ski resort). Each of them has its own decoration, coulours etc.
And the breakfasts are great!

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written June 6, 2004
Tip Photo

view from hotel's room, ugly but notice mountains!

• Williebobs profile photo Williebobs
  • Reviews: 37

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Esadas: Excellent hotel in town centre

Very good hotel (very new). More expensive at 40 million, but seeing as this 17pounds included a good breakfast and very pleasant staff and a very good room (streets above anything else on offer) for 2 of us we thought this a pretty good value luxury whilst awaiting Iran visas.
Be aware this may have been off season price (October).
The Esedas company is actually a big bus company.

The Hotel Dede was also ok (opposite) at 25 million.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written October 17, 2003

• dabuwan profile photo dabuwan
  • Reviews: 498

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Ornek: Faded elegance

This old hotel had for sure a certain faded elegance. There were standard rooms and also some suites with a few amenities.
The price? A suite for 20 US$!
I wonder if this hotel still exists or if it has been renovated and acquired by one of the usual western hotel chains...

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written August 28, 2003

A portion of my suite

• maykal profile photo maykal
  • Reviews: 1368

Can't remember the name of my...

Can't remember the name of my hotel, as I wrote it in my Lonely Planet Guide which I stupidly left in a phone booth at Heathrow Airport on my return! It was something like Cinar or Yeni Cinar, but can't be sure...anyway, I can remember that it was cheap and very friendly, and that I was the only guest. It was situated near the Gurcu Kapi (Georgian gate), and to reach it, I had to go down a dark alley, the sort of alley that I would give a wide berth if it was in Birmingham. It was the only place I could find which sold Erzurum postcards!

• Opinion of Price: