Palan Hotel

Palan Otel
Booking.com Priceline.com Travelocity

Costs 47% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Erzurum

arastirma hastanesi girisiarastirma hastanesi girisi

cift minareli camiicift minareli camii

Erzurum Street SceneErzurum Street Scene

Children near the Citadel - ErzurumChildren near the Citadel - Erzurum

Hotels

by chachouk

Hello,
I am planning to visit the area end of june.
Planning to stay five to seven days in Erzurum.
Hotels I see advertised are expensive. Can anyone advise simple but clean accommodation for Single person under 20 Dollars?

Hi.

Try Polat Hotel.

by chachouk

Thank you Max for the tip.
Chacho

by wanderingtheworld

Erzurum has tons of basic no frills hotels for 20-30 lira a night..they are not online...also you should haggle for a reduced rate. I always get at least 30 percent off.

hi.
Never pay the first rate of course as everywhere in turkey ; 20 or 30 is for really cheap options, 40 for decent rooms.

by wanderingtheworld

One of the best hotels I stayed cost just 18 lira per night in Van.

by max_stirner

Depends what you call the best hotel, so please give names we can check what you are talking about.

by wanderingtheworld

I do not remember the name but it was one block from the train station and had a fabulous breakfast that was included in the price. I spotted many hotels around Ezurum. The only problems I had with hotels were the ones listed in guidebooks..they turned out to overpriced and horrid.

The best way to get hotel in this area is to walk around and check out diffferent places in person..the ALWAYS have vacancies...and take a lok at the room before paying..then haggle for 20-30% off...always worked for me.

Travel Tips for Erzurum

English speakers

by Williebobs

Popped into 'English Land' (they run English speaking courses) to ask directions and then spent a couple of hours there every evening with a group. We're teachers in England and found it entertaining and rewarding. In a couple of days we had unlimited offers of everything we could have wanted from a town and as such can't recommend Erzurum highly enough.
'English Land' is on the right up the long hill from the main street (Cumhuriyat Cadesi). The long hill simply carries on up from the main road from the bazaar. It's opposite the University.
We also popped into a shop to buy a sewing needle (as you do). Despite the owner speaking no English we had what we wanted within seconds and promptly spent the next 2 hours there drinking tea with the owner and his friend. We were unable to part with any money for the needle. How is all this possible when we had no language in common?!

Local River

by dave_21

We went hiking right beside the local River, locals were fishing, we joined them and they teached us how to catch fish without wires.
They explained that city people comes to this river and try to catch fish with expensive rods and tackles and they never succeed!! They said that the only way to catch a fish is to just stand still and wait, sometimes for hours, and then just throw the spear at the fish´s eyes..

Different from rest of Turkey

by dabuwan

I've travelled through most of Turkey, but probably Erzurum is the most peculiar city I visited in this country. Maybe because of the mountain location, or the strong religious presence, or the quieter attitude of the inhabitants.
No special military presence here, as I found futher east and south.

dogubayazit is the last...

by fabrice

dogubayazit is the last village before the iranian border,you can make there all kind of traffic,change your money,and have a look at the mount ararat. picture is an ottoman bridge on the road to agri karaköse

Green valleys

by dave_21

It's amazing how fertile earth makes landscapes beautiful. We saw beautiful trees,bushes,fruit trees yes the whole package!
They even made their owl local wine, wich we had the luck to try! I'm not a specialist in wines but everything tastes good when you're completely exhausted. We drank and talked to the locals. It couldn't be much better.

Comments