Ugurlu

Bey Mahllesi Kayacik Sokak 14, Gaziantep, Turkey

Ugurlu
Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

• June.b's Profile Photo

An ok hotel near the castle of Gaziantep.

I took the airport shuttle of OnurAir when I landed at Gaziantep airport, and walked about 20 minutes from where the shuttle bus terminates. Ugurlu Hotel is located along a small street up above next to the main Istasyon Caddesi (the main road).

Location is good as it’s walking distance to most sights. The castle is about 10 – 15 minutes walk, the Zeugma Museum is a long walk of about 20 minutes to half hour at the back of the main train station. Ugurlu is exactly beside Yunus Hotel and both buildings are actually almost the similar.
    The staff are ok, courteous but not really informative. The reception will have your passport kept until check out. Placed on the small cubicles of keys and passports at the back of the receptionist , not inside a drawer.

My room was at the second floor beside the stairs so I could hear footsteps, view at the window are the buildings infront a seemingly old or historical church right below. Small room – probably less than 20sqm with old furnistures and a small 19 or 21 inches flat panel TV with English news channel.

The bathroom is clean, shower is separate, but the toilet bowl is a bit oddly placed, I have to do it a bit sideways every time I sit on it as the distance between the wall of the shower and the bowl is only couple of inches away and I ain’t big.

Considering this part of the country, breakfast is good and served at the ground floor.

Here’s a surprising incident, upon arriving from a day’s sightseeing around the city, I asked the reception for my room key, he told me it’s in the room. Why? so I went up to my room and found the room door wide open with the key right on the slot (to make the electric work). Nothing of my stuff got lost but I never experienced coming back to a hotel with a room opened lest someone is making up the bed right upon arrival, but no one is there. I never asked the staff anyways as I have all my stuff intact.

Wifi internet works well. Single Room rate is EUR17 inclusive of breakfast and I’ve stayed 2 nights (6 – 8 March 2013).

It’s an ok hotel if you’re not fussy and for the price I’ve paid, I guess it’s fine but I think I’ll checkout other places next time because of the incident above.

I stayed at this hotel from 6 – 8 March 2013.

Unique Quality: Cheap and near the sights.

Directions: Located along a small street up above, next to the main Istasyon Caddesi (the main road), beaside Yunus Hotel and few steps from Dedeman.

Comments