7 Hills Hotel

Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Costs 23% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• BarryGibb's Profile Photo

Best view over Istanbul

They have the best view of Istanbul! The Blue Mosque and de Aya Sophya on one side, the other side is the Bosporus.

Only go there for a drink, it`s expensive and the food and service aren`t that great!

Unique Quality: Great views!!! That`s the only + for me...

Directions: In the middle of teh Blue Mosque and the Aya Sophya

More about 7 Hills Hotel

All excellent: Rooms, Restaurant, Service and View

by TripAdvisor Member BESMES

Istanbul: The Seven Hills Hotel: "All excellent: Rooms, Restaurant, Service and View"
Date: 18 May 2006
Reviewer: A TripAdvisor Member, Solna, Sweden

I and my wife visited Istanbul as tourists together with two outher couples, who had appointed us as "tour leaders", since we had earlier experience of Turkey and Istanbul. We had last been in Istanbul on bussiness in March and Seven Hills Hotel was our choice amongs several we looked at - certainly the best value for money.
Our friends really appreciated our choice of hotel. The rooms are spacious, The restaurant on the top of the building offers a view with a feeling of being visiting both the Blue Mosque and Aya Sofia at the same time - marvelous! The view overlooks other hotels also offering a view over Marmara sea. Furthermore: the hotel cares about you!
The location is the best possible for tourism - most attractions are within walking distance.
We have already decided to come back to the Seven Hills Hotel at our next stay in Istanbul.

Super Restaurant

The glory of the Seven Hills Hotel is undoubtedly its restaurant which gives a panoramic view of the city inluding the Aya Sofia, the Blue Mosque and the Sea of Marmora. It serves excellent grilled fish and a range of Turkish meat dishes. The rooms are very comfortable, the bathrooms well appointed and the staff very helpful. I agree with the other comments about the taxi service: it is expensive but convenient. If you are told by the person meeting you at the airport that you have to wait for another party then say that you will just get a normal taxi (just outside). It works! You will leave immediately.

Hotel Manager or Sales Manager?

The minute we arrived we were greeted by the manager, who seemed friendly - initially - until we started to turn down his offers to take up tours with a tour agency that he had recommended. Thereafter, the relationship went downhill.
I was particularly put off by the hard sell tactics - he even got the tour agent to phone my room to sell his tours 30 minutes after I checked in.
And of course when it became clear that I was not at all keen, coldness set in and he was utterly hopeless in disguising his contempt.
We intended to stay for 4 nights, but checked out after 2.
The room was only average, and the cleanliness, barely passable. Basic conveninece was lacking, like a kettle to boil water, drinking glasses or cups, and there was not even a rubbish bin in the room (there was one in the toilet). Room service (we had to ask for hot water) took ages.

a little gem of a place!

We spent nearly 3 weeks of leasurely travel in Turkey, returning to Seven Hills between our other travel. The location of this small boutique hotel is unbeatable: you see Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque from the Rooftop Restaurant every morning at breakfast, the Maramara Sea, and the Topkapi Palace are a short walk away, and are also visible from the windows.

The staff was most accomodating and generous, and catered to our 2 children with gracious hospitality.

The room where we stayed is the "Presidential suite", enough space to stretch out for a family of 4.

I higly recommend checking out this option!

Good, but . . .

With one exception, all the staff were very friendly, the location is really convenient, the view from the restaurant on the top floor is fantastic, and the rooms/bathrooms are well maintained.

On the other hand, some of the smaller double rooms had very thin walls, so that the people/TVs in the next room were easily overheard. One larger suite didn’t have this problem.

Also, I’m one of those who had a bad experience with the "wonderful" manager. He made a good first impression, but promoted his hotel’s travel agency (Turkland) too often, told me one night that he needed my room “immediately” for a favored couple who were returning to stay at the hotel, and overall behaved in a high-handed way. I felt shifted around the hotel rooms a bit too often, and see after reading this site that it happened to other people there too.

Except for him, the hotel was a very pleasant experience. If you can avoid dealing with him, I’d recommend it.

Outstanding View and Service

This is a small hotel in an excellent location. The rooms and service are outstanding. The manager Bülent SAYAN and his employees did an excellent job of providing the little extras that make any stay truly special. I originally booked three days but chose to stay an extra two days because I enjoyed the views in the rooftop restuarant so much.

Thanks for the great service,

I had stay in this wonderfull hotel for a few days when it was snowing and the manager Bulent SAYAN&his staff is did a great job and warmed my stay at Seven Hills.
Bulent SAYAN is a great manager who is ready to set all about what you are looking for.He is done all his best for all the details what I needed during my stay.
Seven Hills is the one where is a real jewel and I highly recommned you to stay when you will be in Istanbul.
The hotel has a wonderfull terrace where is incredible and so difficult to find the words to describe how beautiful is.
Have a nice stay.Enjoy the Seven Hills.
A trip advisor member from Los Angeles.

wonderful week...

had a great time staying at this hotel...the service was excellent/personal...definitely very clean....the restaurant on the top has undoubtedly the best view of the blue mosque and the aya sophia that i saw during my entier stay in istanbul...

Koleno's new Istanbul page

by Koleno

Istanbul is Turkey's largest cities and is one of the most exciting cities in the world. We spent two days in February, 2000 in Istanbul as it was the first two days of a 9 day vacation (5 which included a Greek Isle Cruise on Renaissance Crusies). Istanbul has a amazing skyline with domes and minarets of the mosques spread accross Istanbul seven hills.

Istanbul is the only city in the world to be build on two continents. Seperated by the Bosporus, on one side is Asia and the other is Europe. We spent our time on the Europe site where most of the sightseeing and hotels our located.

Istanbul was found by the Greeks in about 660 BC, and has also been known as Byzantine and Constantinope at different times in it history. It was the capital of the Byzantium Empire for over 1000 years and of the Ottoman Empire for 500 years. In 1923, the capital was moved to 220 miles east to Ankara, Turkey.

istanbul restaurant with a view

by gaabor

can someone recommend me a good but not too expensive restaurant in Istanbul with a great view over the city? Preferabely taksim/beyoglu area?

thanks

by worldinabag

Hi

Maybe the Bella Vista Restaurant at the Hotel Seven Hills - http://www.hotelsevenhills.com/hotelterrace.html. It's in Sultanahmet though. I didn't eat there but I did check out the terrace. Awesome views.

by neodue

Andon has a great wiew.check my food restaurant tips.and it s not expensice.

by AlperIst

Hi,

Doga Balik Restaurant in Cihangir and Leb-i Derya around Galatasaray, both are in Taksim/Beyoglu.

Alper

by Lyndra

Many of the restaurants in Sultanhamet have roof terraces and great views so on this side of the Bosphorus you will be spoiled for choice. I loved eating at Bodrum restaurant - its terrace has lovely views and the food isn't bad either. In Galata, en route to Taksim (kind of!) you could try the restaurant in the Galata Tower. Lovely food and amazing views of Golden Horn and Bosphorus, rooftops and across to Sultanhamet.

by idiz

Although it's in Eminounu, Hamdi Restaurant can be a good alternative. In Taksim/Beyoglu you can try Leb-i Derya as mentioned before

Comments