3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Mimar Mehmet Aga Cad. Amiral Tafdil Sok. No:15, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Costs 45% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• Best choice, good experience

I would definetly recommend this hotel. I think it opened not too long ago. The staff was really friendly and helpfull, rooms were clean and comfortable and contained all that people need. The hot breakfast was very tasty with a wide choice.

The manager helped us to arrange our tours on the bosphorus and she was offering us Turkish wine from Cappadocia.

Directions: 2 minutes walking distance to the bleu mosque on the way of the sea.

More about Acra Hotel

We had a fantastic time staying at Acra Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Hooman61

My wife and my two teenage daughters stayed at Acra for seven nights in the last week of July and first few days of August. Hotel is brand new, sound-proof, air-conditioned with excellent staff who are always ready to help. We really wanted to stay together in one-room and they accommodated us by providing an extra bed in a rather large size room at a great rate. It is a five-minute walk away from Aya Sophia and Blue Mosque (and other major attractions in the old city) but it is kind of tucked away and is not in the middle of noisy areas. We loved the breakfast and the friendly/helpful attitude of the staff. For example, the hotel did not have an iron but the staff went out of their way to borrow it from Best Western next door (twice)!

Top hotel at reasonable prices

by TripAdvisor Member ncmmr

I just came back from a week in Istanbul and we landed in this hotel because the one we booked (Best Western Obelisk) had a "plumbing problem" so they put us in the building next door which turned to be the Acra Hotel. Lovely, very clean, large rooms, great breakfast, staff very helpful and location ideal (within 5 min you can walk into Hagia Sophia Museum and the Blue Mosque).
Highly recommended

Wonderfull hotel - Highly recomended

by TripAdvisor Member RazYa

We stayed at ACRA hotel for 4 nights.
The hotel was very clean,beautiful and taistfully decorated.
The staff was very friendly and helpful.
The breakfast was nice, with good variety.
It's location is in the middle of the Old City, very close to many of Istanbul's attractions.

I'll defintly recomend this hotel to my friends.
Thank you for a great stay.

Raz Yaffe.

Don't look anywhere else

by TripAdvisor Member Asisya

The Acra Hotel is wonderful. The location is perfect, the staff are helpful and always pleasant. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The bathrooms are Beautiful! I stayed there a total of 6 nights and have no complaints whatsoever.

The ONLY thing I would say is the breakfast could be a little better and this is not really a complaint because everything else about the hotel makes up for this tiny flaw. Fake tang-like OJ is gross. The 1st stay we had to travel to the hotel next door for breakfast and that wasn't very pleasing but on our last three nights there the hotel had started serving their own breakfast which besides the tang, wasn't too bad at all.

5 e star location and service...2 star prices

by TripAdvisor Member michaelinmemphis

Just returned yesterday from a 2 week vacation ending in Istanbul. The Acra is VERY clean, perfectly located 2 blocks from the Blue Mosque, and includes a hot buffet breakfast in their rates. The hotel just opened last fall and is in great shape. We had prearranged a car service for a private tour of the city and the front desk staff was most helpful in calling the local agent when the service was late. We had friends staying at 2 other hotels within 1 block of the Acra, and they paid more for 1 night than we did for our 2 night stay! Ozzy at the front desk was especially helpful, and answered all our questions quickly with a smile. I STRONGLY recommend this hotel for anyone on a budget. It is not the Four Seasons, but is quite deluxe for these prices and the baths are luxurious and the showers were among the best I have encontered anywhere. LOVE strong water pressure!

The best hotel in istanbul

by TripAdvisor Member AnimeSon

It was really nice to stay in this hotel for 3 nights.The people were very friendlly and very nice especially Melisa she is very nice. And I have a lots of friends there. I think i will go to turkey to visit and see them again :)

Nice Hotel with great service and personal attention!

by TripAdvisor Member Colo_Spgs_Bob

The hotel is very new and very nice, and right in the heart of the historic Sultanemet. A couple of blocks to the Blue Masque, Haga Sophia, the Grand Palace, Tram stop, cash machines, Hippodrome, etc. Easy tram to the Grand Bazaar & Spice Bazaar. Large rooms for a European hotel, internet throughout (free), nice furniture, good breakfast. A real steal ofr the price. BUT, what was the most impressive was the attention the staff gave to their customers. They made sure we knew goos areas to go, where to find things, etc. All spoke good english, which helped us a lot.

Great service, very nice hotel pleasant area

by TripAdvisor Member copahc

I could not be happier with my stay at the Acra. The staff is very helpful and the rooms are perfect. The area is great with lots of nice cafes and shops nearby. Taxi stand right down the street in convenient and it is walking distance to many major tourist attractions. Also the price was great!!! I've already recommended the hotel to my friends.

Best of the lot in Sultanahmet

by TripAdvisor Member luxebabe

Having looked at just about every single hotel in the Sultanahmet area (excluding the exquisite Four Seasons), Acra is indeed the best of the lot. A real bonus that it was only 3 months old when we stayed there, so the rooms were nice, clean and new, albeit small. The beds were comfy, towels were fresh and fluffy - nothing really luxe but it'll suffice. Only thing we didn't like - the breakfast. Expect the most basic of standard Turkish breakfast (mystery meats and cheeses, dodgy fruit 'juice') but had excellent honey, jams and breads. In a charming, quiet neighborhood, though just a few steps from Akbiyik Caddesi (vibrant backpacker area) and Blue Mosque. We never heard the morning prayers nor woken by tourists in the area. If we were to ever stay in the Old City again, Acra would be top pick for the budget. Staff were friendly, helpful and charming - just like all Turks are!

Comments