Ada Hotel Istanbul

Binbirdirek Mahallesi Sehit Mehmetpasa, Yokusu Sokak No:30 Sultanahmet, Istanbul, 34122, Turkey

Booking.com Agoda.com Expedia.com

• not enough

Sind ein junges in Nord-Deutschland lebendes Ehepaar und waren Anfang August 6 Tage in diesem Hotel. Waren schon in vielen Hotels jedoch KEINS aber auch wirklich KEINS hatte diese Sauberkeit, Freundlichkeit und Co. Super Frühstück mit Hammer Meerblick auf der Dachterasse. Sehr gute bequeme Betten mit LCD Fernseher. Alle Zimmer sind mit einem Massagepool ausgestattet. Das Hotel befindet sich in Sultanahmet. Das ist sozusagen das Herz von Istanbul. Allein für diesen Ort braucht man so ca. 5 Tag

Unique Quality: da is a newly opened boutique hotel in Istanbul’s historical Sultanahmet area offering stylish, spacious accommodation within walking distance of everything you came to see. With a range of standard rooms, family rooms and suites, Ada Hotel Istanbul will meet your requirements. Some of the rooms have a panoramic view of the Marmara Sea. Buffet breakfast is served every morning. Ada Hotel Istanbul also allows you to benefit from free Wi-Fi and free private parking

Directions: Bestes Hotel in Istanbul

More about Ada Hotel Istanbul

Lovely Place to Stay

by TripAdvisor Member waywardtravel

After reding the reviews on here we stayed at Ada Hotel Istanbul from 11th to 18th July. Please be sure to book a Sea View room which gives you a view of the Sea of Marmara and an old qauint mosque. Should be noted that there is no view of Blue Mosque from room or roof top terrace however the Blue Mosque is literally 5 mins walk away. Breakfast was splendid and the hotel itself is furnished to a very high qulaity and we had a lovely large comfortable room. The best things about this hotel is a) Owner is very helpful and great service, no matter what you want he helps you, b) there is free internet in the lobby, c) jacuzzi in the room, d) great comfortable huge bed, e) power shower. Easyjet flew us to Sabiha Gökçen Airport which is 50km away, try and land at Ataturk Airport. Eitherway airport transfers were arranged by the hotel manager and very comfortable they were too. We also arranged trips to see Whilrling Dervishes and Princess Island through the Hotel which is much easier. If you want to stay in the old part of Istanbul, Sultanahmet, I would recommend this place without doubt.

Enjoyed the Ada

by TripAdvisor Member Scharmann

I stayed at the Ada in Istanbul for four nights from 13 to 17 June 2007. The location is excellent as far as sights. The rooms were spotless and quite comfortable.

The staff and Dr.Dogan Sumengen the owner were most polite and helpful.

Breakfast is typical Turkish served on a recently opened deck with a nice view.

I have no reservations about staying there again.

\W C Kaesche

Ada is wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member shelley27

Three outstanding features of the newly opened Ada Hotel in Istanbul are:
its location is within a few minutes' walk of the Blue Mosque and historic Sultanamet quarter,
Dogan (owner) is exceptionally welcoming, helpful and gentlemanly,
and the rooms are nicely kept, with beautiful views of the Bosphorus.
Room rates include yummy breakfast, but the restaurant was not opened yet so we walked to the nearby Spectra Hotel; that worked fine.
We thoroughly enjoyed our five days there and wished we could stay longer. We'll go back to Dogan and the Ada!
Shelley and John, from BC, Canada

A wonderful stay

by TripAdvisor Member Brazilian9

Ada Hotel made our stay in Istambul very pleasent. The location is perfect for tourists wich want to stay in the historical Sultanhamet quarter. It has very comfortable and clean rooms with a wonderful view to the Marmara Sea. The owner and his satff were very welcoming. I recomend it.
J. Malatian - Brazil

Visit Istanbul! Stay at the Ada Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member peggy1313

I was not paying close enough attention when I allowed my travel agent to initially book my friend and myself into a heretofore unnamed $800-a-night hotel with a view of a wall and a construction site, no breakfast included. Before fleeing this costly mistake, I stuck my head into the Turista Travel Agency nearby and they recommended I take a look at the newly-opened Ada Hotel, (www.adaistanbul.com) about a five-minute walk from the Blue Mosque. For around $l00 per room, each came complete with jacuzzi, full bath, king bed, was pleasently decorated, quiet, included a delicious rooftop breakfast and had a panoramic view of the Sokullu Mosque and the Marmara Sea! At that price, we each took our own room. The second night, for a few dollars more, my friend upgraded to one of their suites down the hall, a room which was even larger and had a mini-kitchen and sofa and chair. But the best thing of all were the husband and wife proprietors--friendly, helpful, kind, gentle, wonderful people who made our visit to Istanbul all that more interesting and memorable.

I will stay there again and am recommending this hotel to anyone and everyone who goes to Istanbul. Turkey is a fascinating country and the food, sights, shopping and people are not to be missed. Dr. Peggy Levison

Loved the ADA

by TripAdvisor Member 06sun

What a gem !

We stayed at the Ada hotel in Istanbul for a few nights at the end of July. We enjoyed our stay so much that we booked to stay again in August before our return flight back home to Canada.

I booked the room directly by email with the hotel owner Dr Dogan Sumengen. The responses to emails were polite, helpful and done so in record time.

The delightful owner arranged a complimentary transfer from the airport to the hotel which was much appreciated.

This small and charming boutique hotel is spotless. The rooms are tastefully furnished and decorated. Everything is new. The beds are large and comfortable. The tiled bathrooms are impeccably clean and shiny (just what I like because I am a bit of a neat freak). The water pressure in the shower is fantastic.

Breakfast was included, served on the rooftop terrace and consisted of cucumbers, tomatoes, yogurt, different breads, cereal, fruit, eggs, jams and other spreads, cheese, olives, cake, tea, coffee... The best part of breakfast was the view of the Marmara sea and the cheerful "good morning" from Dogan's wife. What a great start to the day.

The hotel is located next to all of the historical sights and a 10 minute walk to the Grand Bazaar.

The owner is more than helpful and offered to help us plan anything. We felt like special guests in the hotel. Nothing was too much trouble for him and his wife. They were so welcoming, kind and cheerful. True and genuine Turkish hospitality.

My stay at the Ada was one of my best hotel experiences. I will return to Istanbul and plan to stay at the Ada.

Enjoyed the Ada

by TripAdvisor Member Frenchpoutine

I have recently returned from a fabulous vacation in Turkey and my stay at the Ada hotel added to my positive experience.

The Ada is a NEW small and very clean hotel. The hotel is in a prime location as it is situated just a short 5 minute walk to all of the major sites in Sultanahmet and the many restaurants on Divan Yolu.

We stayed in 2 different rooms during our stay and both were very clean and very nicely furnished (wood floors, modern darkwood furniture, Turkish carpets and runners...). Our room was equipped with a sparkling jacuzzi, mini fridge, telephone, tv, air conditioning, a huge comfortable bed, a desk and coffee and tea services. We also had a nice view of the Marmara Sea. The roomrates are very reasonable and include a lovely Turkish style breakfast on the terrace from where you have a nice view of the sea.

The hosts (a retired couple) are friendly and helped us with arranging transfers to and from the airport.

I would recommend this lovely hotel to anyone.

A Lovely hotel.

by TripAdvisor Member fch76

We spent 4 nights at Ada Hotel last week and we really enjoyed our stay there. Our room had a beautiful view of the Sea of Marmara & a jacuzzi from which to enjoy it. The room was very clean and spacious. The hotel owners were both very kind and helpful. We were travelling with 2 young children and they were made to feel very welcome too.

Our rate included breakfast which was served on the wonderful rooftop terrace. The hotel is in an excellent location, a short walk from the blue mosque & the hippodrome. I would recommend this hotel as it is a lovely hotel and excellent value for money.

Adequate at best

by TripAdvisor Member mry

We have just returned from a week's holiday in Istanbul. We chose to stay at the Ada based on the reviews on TA; it was also one of only two hotels out of the several contacted, with available rooms for our travel dates.

We agree with previous reviewers that the hotel owners were indeed a delightful couple, the hotel was well situated and the rooms were clean and of a reasonable size.

However, previous reviewers have failed to bring to attention the following:
1) The bedlinen was very basic, with a white bedsheet which doubled as a light blanket. A heavier woolly blanket was available in the cupboard but it was not large enough to cover both beds. Because of that, in the night, the room was either too warm or too cold.

2) The bathroom door had frosted glass panels. We have in the past stayed in hotel rooms with outdoor showers, outdoor wc, and even a room with glass sliding doors leading to the bathroom - the wc was tucked away behind a low, tiled wall away from the door. We found those rooms stylish. In our room at the Ada, the wc was right next to the door, in full view of the bed.

3) We had been assured of a room safe and arrived to find a portable one which could be easily picked up and carted off! Needless to say we decided against using it.

4) A single employee manned breakfast (which was fully vegetarian) as well as did all the housekeeping. We found that breakfast supplies weren't replenished very quickly/abundantly. Arriving late for breakfast meant finding nothing much left on the table. There was no kitchen so everything was cold, with no option of having e.g. scrambled eggs. Cold drinks were limited to two types of squash. Some days there was also some water. You made your own tea/coffee with hot water from a kettle that you could fill yourself.

5) The hotel was indeed only 5 minutes' (partly uphill) walk from the main sights, but we found other locations more ideal in terms of proximity to good restaurants for dinner. We did not enjoy dinner at the Sokullu Cafe opposite the hotel.

6) The owner would not accept credit card payments and insisted on walking us to the ATM machine to avoid the 18% government tax. This was not mentioned during correspondence, when he merely stated a preference for cash payments. I had read on TA that hotels in Sultanahmet offer a 10% discount for cash payments but we were only given 3% off for the trouble!

I wrote this review with much reluctance because of the friendly and helpful hosts. In summary, this is a basic, value for money hotel. However there are real compromises when one chooses to stay here. Obviously there are real differences in standards among the many hotels in Sultanahmet but the reviews on TA do not appear to make this distinction.

Comments