Yerebatan Cad No 47, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, 34110, Turkey
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about Adamar Hotel

Lovely stay at the Adamar Hotel with fabulous views over fantastic Istanbul

by TripAdvisor Member thecontentedcynic

We struck gold with the Adamar Hotel-it gets to a point where you start to get boggled with all the hotel choices so in a way bit the bullet and plumped for it based on the other reviews. We were not disappointed. It is in one of the best positions with regard to access for all the major sites, which you can see fabulously laid out before you from the great roof top restaurant, including the Bosphorus and Golden Horn, and out to sea and the Islands. There simply is no hotel that I could see from the roof that would actually get such a stunning view. It must only be 200 m or so from the Topkapi Palace, Archeology Museum, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and just 20 m from the Underground Cistern. The most famous bath is also on the same street just 20 m in the other direction. The rooms are clean and lovely and all very new. The bed very comfortable and the bathrooms fab. Excellent small lift to all floors. Fantastic restaurant as already mentioned-not a dull view in any direction. Unlike many hotels this is also where you have breakfast-not just reserved for the evening diners. The breakfast is varied and plentiful, with several choices of cereal, yoghurts, meats, cheeses, salads, fruits, beads, and hot selections foods also. Hot fresh coffee and tea are regularly topped up by the staff at the table -not some luke warm beverage which tastes like its been left in a rubber hotwater bottle overnight. Fabulous-and their staff are just lovely and very professional -from the management to the waiting staff to the room staff-all great and very friendly and helpful. Really I'd go back anytime. Can I just say those curved rooms with panoramic view are more expensive. We ate at the hotel pm a couple of times and had a great meal-but there are so many other restaurants nearby to try. If you turn up the side street next to the hotel -(Catalcesme sk watch the pavement!)-you eventually come to several little restaurants in a small lane that have most reasonably priced food and are also very friendly. Also go down to the Galata Bridge towards the middle spanning one of the lanes through to the other side is a great restaurant and bar-same ownership-and have beer and hot battered calamari and just watch the world go by-heavenly. Also hot mackerel sandwiches from one of the stalls Sultanahmet side where all the local eat. I preferred the Spice market and surrounding market streets to the Grand Bazaar which was dazzling but a bit too much. Also the produce market Around Fatih Cami-where we didn't see one other tourist-watch out for pick pockets though! Istanbul is lovely -so interesting and varied and everyone was so friendly. Learn a few words of Turkish it helps but so many speak such good English! Excellent value all round-LOVED IT!

Absolutely the best hotel and staff ever.

by TripAdvisor Member FrankMexico

There are no words to describe the superb experience we had staying at Adamar Hotel. The staff is the best! Always with a smile, always willing to help (and they sure did with our lost luggage).
The hotel has the best location in Old City Istanbul, the restaurant at the top floor has the most amazing view.
We traveled as a family group and took two rooms which exceeded our expectations in every detail.
Thank you all. Hassan, Erol, Serkan, Gokhan and the whole staff!!
Best wishes from MEXICO.

perfect location & cleanliness

by TripAdvisor Member hussy

great location..close to most historical sights....close to grand bazar....vclean..wide room even the hotel is small in general and u can hear the sounds or voices in next rooms...but in general very comfortable ...and helpful staff...great breakfast and views fom the restaurant...

all it said it would be

by TripAdvisor Member lesanjo

my wife and I (both in our 50's) stayed at the Adamar for 4 nights earlier this month, and were very pleased with the hotel in every aspect, except perhaps the fact that even the most basic of noise from the room next door could be heard more than we have experienced anywhere before. I think just your luck who you get next door and whether they go to sleep at similar times to you.
The restuarant on the top floor has amazing views over the main sights of the city, and is great for breakfast and starting each day off.
The staff were very friendly, and Erol and Fecret continually enquired if our holiday was going ok and could they help in any way.
The city was quite amazing and we felt safe at all times as we wandered through a whole variety of places throughout the city. As has been said by other reviewers the hotel is in a great place , and we didn't need to use transport at all throughout our stay.

Whatever you do don't get a room on the fifth floor

by TripAdvisor Member ukweekender

I chose this hotel after reading previous reviews on Tripadvisor but was very disappointed. The location is excellent, the staff friendly, and our room was fine - a decent size, clean bathroom, wide screen TV - initially with no English language channels - even after it was fixed we were limited to Euronews with no BBC World or CNN - a minor gripe, but the lack of one decent channel was annoying when trying to drown out noise of the restaurant!

Which brings me to my major issue with this hotel: Upon arriving we were 'upgraded' to a room on the fifth floor. If this happens to you, my advice would be to turn the offer down - immediately above the fifth floor is the Adamar's panoramic restaurant - fine we thought, a quick trip up a floor to breakfast. However, there is no door to the restaurant and the stairs are completely open, meaning that if you are on the fifth floor it is almost as if your room door is opening directly on to the restaurant - there's only a matter of a few feet dividing the rooms from a room full of diners that remains open until at least midnight!

If like us you are trying to pack as much as you can into a weekend, the last thing you'll need is a loud restaurant keeping you awake. The noise from the restaurant really affected us and could have spoiled a really good holiday. A hotel room should be conducive to sleep and relaxation. Our stay on the fifth floor was stressful and in no way relaxing - for this reason I rate this hotel as poor - they seem more interested in their restaurant than guests.

Great location, very clean,very friendly staff

by TripAdvisor Member Lizzie006

The location was very central for all the main sights. Room was a bit small but very comfortably furnished and equipped. The staff were exceptionally helpful and cheerful. The one gripe was that noise could travel between rooms. The view from the panoramic restaurant was amazing, and the breakfasts provided a good selection .

Small clean hotel in a very best location

by TripAdvisor Member Arni1972

All have been said in other reviews. First of all the hotel is located just 2min walk from Hagia Sophia and close to other locations. The hotel was renovated just year ego so it is clean and well maintained. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Some Reviewers mentioned breakfast at the top floor with the great view - confirmed!!! The food is fresh and everyone can chose what one likes.
So, if you need the hotel just to have spent night and plan to spend most of time in the city this is great place to go. Fully recommend!

Nice stay at Adamar...

by TripAdvisor Member RockyMountain2

I was in Istanbul in mid March for the first time. I chose the Adamar because of location and price, and because of reviews on TripAdvisor. I had a great stay and got an even better deal. Because I stayed five nights I received transfers to and from the airport. This combined with a relatively inexpensive room rate, including a nice breakfast made my stay very good. The staff is helpful, the property is clean, well located and modern. As others have said, the rooms are small, but serve the purpose. My room had a view of the Aya Sofya and I found the call to prayer from the area mosques throughout the day very cool. If your goal is to check out the Sultanahamet area, this is a great location. The tram is nearby and you can get to most parts of the city via tram, connecting to the funicular, or metro, or via taxi. I would recommend Adamar as a great, inexpensive option, in a great location for a first time Istanbul visitor.

I had a couple great meals at "Lokal" near the funicular station on the end of the Istikal Caddesi. I also had a great lunch in Changir at Miss Pizza. Seemed like a great local place with great staff.

The best staff ever - truly a home from home

by TripAdvisor Member PatDurham

Everything we expected from looking at location, photos etc. on the net before booking and more. The restaurant and roof terrace are higher than anything else in the vicinity with a truly panoramic view, rooms are slightly on the small side but exceptionally modern and clean with a range of toileteries available that puts most 5* hotels to shame. Unfortunately our mother suffered a heart attack on the second day of our stay - the staff behaved as though she was their own mother and could not have done more for us. The wonderful manager came to the hospital, stayed during the white-Reception dealt very efficiently with faxing and emailing our insurance company (who were not at all helpful and gave us a hard time - but thats another story!) and all the rest of the staff from the owner to the cleaners (particularly Murat in the restaurant) were very concerned and asking after her all the time. Fortunately Mum is home, well on the way to a full recovery and upset to have spent most of her holiday in hospital! My sister, mum amd I are so grateful we were fortunate enough to have been staying at the Adamar and consider all the staff our brothers and sisters now. We will be back!knuckle ambulance ride to another hospital and translated throughout a traumatic time. Reception dealt very efficiently with faxing and emailing our insurance company (who were not at all helpful and gave us a hard time - but thats another story!) and all the rest of the staff from the owner to the cleaners (particularly Murat in the restaurant) were very concerned and asking after her all the time. Fortunately Mum is home, well on the way to a full recovery and upset to have spent most of her holiday in hospital! My sister, mum amd I are so grateful we were fortunate enough to have been staying at the Adamar and consider all the staff our brothers and sisters now. We will be back!

ab-i hayat exhibition Istanbulab-i hayat exhibition Istanbul

Kündekâri doors of carved and inlaid woodKündekâri doors of carved and inlaid wood

Zazie NisantasiZazie Nisantasi

Not much room to moveNot much room to move

Has anyone stayed at, or know about, the Adamar Hotel

by kirkmeister

Hi
We booked this quickly the other day - has anyone stayed there? WHat is it like for location, services, atmosphere, comfort etc
thanks
k

Re: Has anyone stayed at, or know about, the Adamar Hotel

by worldinabag

Hi

Looks like a good pick. Excellent location and good value. Looking at pictures of the rooms on the website they strike me a bit small though. Nonetheless the hotel gets good reviews here - http://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?q=adamar+hotel. Happy travels.

Comments