Allstar Airport Florya Park Hotel

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Allstar Airport Florya Park Hotel

National Palaces

by TomorrowsAngel

The following are closed on Mondays and Thursdays, on the first day of religious holidays and on the first day of January

Dolmabahce Palace
Goksu Pavillion

Istanbul Tip

by istanbul_is

EAT WHERE WHAT ?
......................Kokorec ( in Beyazit , Cinaralti Coffee 0r Galatasaray , Cicek Pasaji )..................Profiterol ( in Beyoglu , Inci )..............Pistacchio kebap ( in Samatya , Develi Restaurant )...............grilled meats ( in Florya , Beyti Restaurant ).............fried albanian liver ( in Galatasaray , Ýmroz Restaurant )....................Lahmacun ( in Levent , Namli Kebap )...............Gavurdagi ( in Etiler , Siribom ).........more coming soon !

For meat lovers

by muratkorman about Mavi Marmara Et Lokantasi

Selected and well marinated meat is served in this restaurant. It is one of the other famous meat restaurants located in Florya region. With side dishes and appetizers, your dinner or lunch will become an unforgettable one. Kulbasti

Istanbul: Topkapi Palace & Others....

by cafank

What can I say - nothing new to what everyone else has written. Another stunning building and wonderful pieces to see inside.

The Topkapi Palace is the biggest and one of the most popular sites to visit in Istanbul. It was built in between 1466 and 1478.

I was more amazed to learn that there are quite a few palaces in Istanbul and you can visit them. Some are just as stunning as Tokapi so do some research and you will be rewarded.

The following are a few popular Palaces:

Great Palace: Most important and largest Byzantine palace

Constantine Porphyrogenetus Palace - Tekfur palace - located near the Chora church museum.

Boukoleon Palace: A summer residence near Catladikapi neigborhood, on the shore line.

Damatrys Palace: A summer residence and hunting pavillion built in Samandira neighborhood near Yakacik district. Nothing much left today.

Ataturk Florya Kiosk: The Sea Pavilion was built in 1935 in Florya neighborhood. It was a summer residence Turkish presidents, beginning with Atatürk. Converted into a museum in 1988 it's worth a visit.

Hope to see you soon in Istanbul.

Mustafa Kemal Ataturk swimming at Florya Beach

by Sirvictor

Dear Visitor, Do you ever seen a king, queen or dictator swimming in public beach during the years 1930-38. I am sure you never.
But Ataturk swam. He was not a king or dictator. He was a simple man his heart full of love.

"Turkish Women in 1930's"

"And Now in 2005 in Istanbul"

Jeff & me, cnango at the base of the ObeliskJeff & me, cnango at the base of the Obelisk

Edirnekapı & the Theodosian Wall - Jan 2010Edirnekapı & the Theodosian Wall - Jan 2010

Swindler!Swindler!

Horse drawn TramHorse drawn Tram

Kazakhstan consulate in Istanbul

by Vanjo

Hi,

I plan to travel to Ukraine by ferry boat from Istanbul and later visiting Russia and Kazakhstan as well.(this Autumn)

The problem is there is no embassy of Kazakhstan in my country Rep. of Macedonia, so I was thinking about visiting the consulates in Sofia, Bulgaria or Istanbul, Turkey.
I have sent fax and email to them (less than a week ago)but there's no answer so far.

Can someone give me the following info please:

1. How many days will it take from the moment of application at the embassy to the moment of getting the visa on hand?

2. Is it better to apply in Sofia or Istanbul?
Sofia is ok for me cause it is nearer to where I live,
Istanbul is ok too because I plan to take the ferry boat from there anyway, so I can try to finish two things there.
What city to choose by your opinion?

The adress of the consulate in Istanbul on the website of the Ministry of foreign affairs http://www.mfa.kz is:
Florya caddesi, No 62 Senlikkoy, FLORYA-ISTANBUL, TURKIYE.

It would be great if someone living in that area can check whether the adress is correct.
Also in case there is some information board outside the embassy, it would be great if someone can read it and tell me what does it say about how long is the visa processing time (how many days until getting the visa on hand),the working hours,rates etc..
Meanwhile I will post this same questions to other forums as well to gather more info.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE!!!!!!

RE: Kazakhstan consulate in Istanbul

by AlperIst

Hi Vanjo,

Yesterday I found their number and called them, but it was a national holiday in Turkey and there was nobody who can explain the situation.

Today I am out and very busy, but tomorrow morning I will call them again to ask what you need to do for the visa.

By the way, I was in your country last month, during my Balkans travel. I loved Macedonian people! So friendly.

Best wishes.
Alper.

RE: Kazakhstan consulate in Istanbul

by AlperIst

Hi,

Today I called the consulate many times, nobody answered from the visa extension number. The operator was very impolite and did not help any. I am sorry but I tried a lot. And they only accept the calls between 10:00 and 12:00.

If it is urgent, their number is +90 212 662 53 42. I can try on Monday again, if you wish.

Cheers.
Alper.

RE: RE: Kazakhstan consulate in Istanbul

by Vanjo

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR REPLIES!!! WE LOVE TURKEY HERE AS WELL!!!

I'm sorry that operator at the embassy was rude when you called, ah bureaucrats :))

I will try everything I can, so if this plan with the Kazakhstan consulate in Istanbul doesn't work, I have a plan B :) I will try in Kiev, Ukraine.

In any case I will go through your great city Istanbul to catch the ferry :)

Thanks again, Cheers!

Istanbul - Beaches or Recreation areas - Daytrips

by shieba

I am going to Istanbul in July. Does anyone know where to go when it gets too hot... beaches or recration area? Brgds, Elisabeth

Re: Istanbul - Beaches or Recreation areas - Daytrips

by idoo

hiii
u can go lot s of place,şile,,silivri,kilyos and u can go amazın aqua parks..when will u be ın ıstanbul?

Re: Istanbul - Beaches or Recreation areas - Daytrips

by Tdiver

Supposedly 9 beaches now in Istanbul, they are not, some on the black sea coast like Sile, see my off the beaten track page or 2 in Florya, 3 in Caddebostan on the Asian side.

4 hours stopover in Istanbul

by ivaradi

Hi,

I will travel to Bodrum on June, and on my trip back home, I will change planes in Istanbul, at the Atatürk Airport. There will be 4 hours 20 minutes between the arrival of my flight from Bodrum and the departure of my flight to Budapest.

Originally, I thought of visiting Sultanahmet during this time, but I am starting to realize, that it would be a very hasty trip, so I am looking at other ways to spend this time.

Can you recommend some interesting places that are closer to the airport? Also, I am thinking of using this time to take some photos of airplanes landing and taking off. From what I understand the best spots for such an activity are located on the side of the airport farther from the terminals, i.e. in Florya, e.g. the Fly Inn Shopping Mall. Is that correct? What would be the fastest and safest way to get there?

Thanks a lot!

by hawkhead

Can't help you with the layover. However, regarding planes landing and taking off, there have been occasions in the past when plane spotters have landed themselves in hot water with the authorities in e.g. Greece. As airports in Turkey have a military connection, you should err on the side of caution. It may be that a VTer who is a plane spotter can advise.

by muratkorman

4 hours is too short for Sultanahmet. Also your arrival and departure time can make a big difference. There is always traffic congestion in Istanbul and certain hours are even worse. The best spot is Florya as you have said and you can go by taxi which is the easiest option. It won't cost a lot as the distance is short. I would also suggest going to Bakirkoy for some food and drinks. It is quite close to the airport and taxi won't cost a lot. I will be in Budapest with my wife between 26 Apr - 8 May. Perhaps we can meet over there.

by nicolaitan

we passed several hours at the galleria atakoy shopping mall about 15-20 minutes by taxi. be sure to hire the driver to pick you up at an appropriate time to make your flight. the mall is described on my page - first tip under shopping.

by ivaradi

Thanks for the advices. Murat, yes, we could perhaps meet. Just let me know if you have time. Thanks!

Comments