Yerebatan Cad. Cami Cikmazi No:36-40, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, 34410, Turkey

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Costs 27% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Tdiver's Profile Photo

Great view of Aya Sofia

Got here late evening and managed to get a room without really knowing where i was.Breakfast in the roof restaurant was amazing.

Unique Quality: Aya Sofia is just next door,any problems and your next to the tourist police station.

Directions: 50m from Aya Sofia

More about And Hotel

Istanbul - Marmara Hotel

by ophiro about Istanbul - Marmara Hotel

The marmara hotel is a 5 stars hotel in the middle of the town - Taksim Square.
There is a restaurant and a bar on the 18 floor (or something like that) with great view.

Artemis Hotel Istanbul

by kacamak about Artemis Hotel Istanbul

75-200$ Situated in Sultanahmet, the heart of historical Istanbul, The Special Artemis Hotel is one of Istanbul's premiere boutique hotels. Intimate atmospheric and attentive in all the right ways, the Special Artemis Hotel will make your visit to Istanbul complete.
Complimentary open-buffet breakfast served in
Artemis Restaurant, Lunch & Dinner facilities in Roof Restaurant & Bar with the view of Marmara Sea,
24 hours room service, Every evening, a complimentary special selections of Turkish wine & cheese reception at Lobby-Bar,Concierge services,Free street parking , There is a wine & champagne & snack menu avaliable,
Elevator access is available,Daily laundry & dry-cleaning services,Telefax, sigthseeing ,wake-up call services, Taxi, change/exchange facilities,Private safe boxes,TV room decorated as an old style wooden Turkish house,All major credit cards are welcomed.
Free Airport transfer to the hotel

Istanbul - Ciragan Palace Hotel

by ophiro about Istanbul - Ciragan Palace Hotel

If you are a rich man and you want to enjoy your vacation in Istanbul with style this is the perfect place for you !

Ciragan hotel was once a palace and he looks like one.

The most simple room will cost you 380 USD per night and the best room 9000 USD !!!

We went inside to see the place and to enjoy the beautiful view from the coffee bar outside.
9000 USD per night ! - i guess you can figure it out by yourself.

istanbul hotel for business (MICE)

by mbittner123 about Mövenpick Hotel, Istanbul

pretty good service, rooms etc. - all in all, great hotel for business travelers (and conference venue).

Internet access is not free of charge in the room (even during the conference).
hotel is too far from downtown, so if you plan to visit Sultanahmet - you will need either taxi or 3 combined ways of public transport: underground+funicular+tram (it will take around 30 min).

taxi from Ataturk airport to Mövenpick was a bit of adventure (they drive like crazy!) and it will cost 45-60 turkish lira. it takes 40 min - 1 hour, depends on rain, traffic jam, etc.

Spoil yourself.

by Tdiver about Apart Hotel Istanbul Park.

Came across this hotel while searching the web, looks very posh and exclusive.
12km away from Istanbul Park with a shuttle service laid on. Sabiha Gokcen 25km away.
Independent villas and penthouse roof flats.
Web site in Turkish and English. Pool, private gardens, click HERE

A nice Sultanahmet Hotel in Istanbul..

by Erkmen about Nena Hotel - Istanbul

If you are looking for a hotel to be in the middle of touristy area in Istanbul, where all touristy attractions are very near, Nena Hotel is a very good alternative..

Recently one of my friend has stayed in this hotel. And I have learned about this hotel through her..

If you visit the web page you will see a nice hotel like most hotels, but it is also nice in reality.. A hotel of special class is serving for 3 years.. And a real quality hotel compared with its prices.. And more of it, it is just at the center of all activities..

If you book through an agent, you may get different rates.. But just by contacting directly with the Hotel and by good negotiations, we have received a quiet good price compared with the quality.. So I definitely advice you to contact with the hotel directly somehow.. (Rates may be high in July and August)

Although I can't recommend the...

by Kid-EZ

Although I can't recommend the hotel I slept in, there are many Hotels in Istanbul. In fact there are so much, that you don't have to worry about not finding a suitable hotel!
Istanbul has a central tramway line and as long as you're in the vicinity of it you can stay anywhere.
Travelling downtown is a piece of cake and comfortable in the tramway.
When all else fails ask to be dropped at the University (station), cross the street and start walking into * to **** star hotels.
I paid $25 a night including breakfast and was too lazy to find a different hotel.
I actually slept in the room of the hotel flyer!

Near Everything

by June.b about Atlantis Hotel (Sultanahmet)

After staying a night at a very cheap hotel in Taksim area, I won't mention in my tips anymore as it's not recommended, we transfer to Atlantis Hotel in Sultanahmet to refresh for a night before our departure from Istanbul.

Atlantis is located juz at the back of the Sultanahmet Tramvay station - means - it's a big advantage because the tramvay is the transport of choice if you're not into expensive taxis. The hotel is near or stone-throw away from the Hagia Sophia, Yerebatan Sarnici & Blue Mosque.

Hotel atmosphere is very laid back, not over-friendly staff but they smile occasionally which I like in places I stay. The lobby has a lot of carpets and there's a small office for travel needs and tours. You can also leave your luggage if you checkout but flying late in the evening.

The room is simple, basic, we booked the triple bed, spacious, small TV, no english programs though, clean bathroom. The second time I stayed (March 2007) I booked a double room for me and a friend on the first night and a single room for the 2nd and 3rd night, they told me to stay on the same double room on my 2nd and 3rd night at the price of a single room.

Double room has small TV on the wall, no english channel as well, 1 large bed and a small one, cabinet, a clean bathroom/toilet, room heater/aircon...that's it!

For US$32 for double room with simple turkish breakfast.... works with me.

I recommend this hotel - for basic accommodation, quiet, and near everything. All hotels in Sultanahmet claims their proximity to all sights.... well... this one is one of those really near everything.. restos and bars are around the corners and beside a store. Laid-back, friendly but not over.

Not really cordial.

by June.b about Cordial House Hotel (Sultanahmet)

This place has seen its days.... looks like it used to be a hotel, though they call it Cordial House Hotel, it's more like a hostel (to me) than a hotel.

No airconditioner (for summer) but heater was there for winter.

Affordable rate, I booked this one at a hostel booking service online.

When we arrived at the hotel after searching for it for I guess half an hour going up and down the same street, the reception staff advised me to pay the whole stay so I handed him my card.

Went up our room I realized that the computation or conversion rate was a lot higher than the ongoing currency exchange. The ongoing rate was 1.4YTL = 1US$ during that period. My receipt was in Turkish Lira (YTL) and when I calculated, the rate he used was YTL1.7 to the dollar! UGH! Not a big deal for me anyhow as we were given a triple room instead of the 8-bed dorm, but just for everyone's info., so others would opt to be charged in foreign currency - either US$ or euro - instead of converting the rate to YTL, that is, if you are paying with your cards.

Bathroom is shared - clean, hot and cold shower, they have separate male & female bathroom, and in each have 2 toilets and 3 shower stalls separated by either a plastic curtain or a frosted glass.

The room has a heater, great for winter when we were there, small room, old smelly carpet, old but clean bed, can't complain... can't expect much for 8 dollar (per bed), but for a bit more dollar if you're a group of 3 or even 2, there are a lot of better choices in the area.

Location - it's 2 minutes walk from Cemberlitas tramvay station. Walking distance (5-10 minutes walk) from all the sights like Blue mosque, Basilica Cistern, Hagia Sophia, Grand Bazaar....and so are most hotels around the area. Staff are ...not helpful, when I asked for assistance (the only service I requested for) from the reception in reconfirming our booking with the airline, he kept on telling us that the airline's phone line was busy. I asked for the second time the next day, the same response. Never tried harder. Yet, everyone knows that Turkish Airlines has a dedicated hotline 24/7... busy? hmm....

Internet - forget it! The units are as old as the building itself....and it's not free.

Atmosphere was not "cordial".... but for the price, OK to crash for a night and check for other places the following day.

Valide Sultan Hotel Istanbul

by JuannaBoucher

We have just returned from a week at this hotel. This hotel is great value for money, the rooms are basic but have everything you need and are absolutely spotless. The staff are really friendly and very, very helpful, my husband was ill for part of our stay and the staff couldn't do enough to help. A very pleasant stay and we would stay there again, for this area of Istanbul (which can be expensive) this really is good value for money.

Re: Valide Sultan Hotel Istanbul

by ricky52

This is great information, however it will soon be lost as its dissapears down the forum.
You could put this in as a tip on your Turkey page where people will have the chance to see it.

Re: Valide Sultan Hotel Istanbul

by MEMOS

I agreee. it is a good hotel.

Comments