Drou Cad Sekbanbasi Sok 10

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Costs 23% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• veigapaula's Profile Photo

Nice location, bad service...and noisy

I made my reservation online and the man was waiting for me at the airport with my name spelled correctly. The problems started after arriving at the hotel reception. The receptionist did not even say good afternoon, started immediately to shout with my driver in Turkish. After some discussion he addressed me with a 'madam, we are full' discourse...I said to him, no way, i have reserved a room here, some weeks ago, you knew I was coming. He offered me driver at my disposal, dinners, airport transfers...I said no. I want to stay here, where I reserved my room and you confirmed. many weeks ago...

Unique Quality: The view from the Marmarion Restaurant at the terrace

• Lyndra's Profile Photo

Ancient site with a modern touch!

We stayed at this hotel in the Beyazit area of the city for a week in November. Since we had booked this period we had a free transfer to and from the airport which was alovely touch, the driver gave us a guided tour fron Ataturk International to the hotel.
    We arrived late at night but there were plenty of staff available to assist us. We booked a superior double room, and found it less than superior I'm afraid. We asked for an upgrade that night but were told the hotel was full. Funnily enough the hotel was not full 5 hours later when we asked again and got a suite instead. The double was so small we could not have stayed there for a week. The suite however was delightful, roomy and clean with a super comfortable bed and facilities.
    As a regular visitor to Turkey, one of the things I love is the welcome and service you receive. We did not feel this was the case at Antik. Surly staff were the order of the day. We chose Antik because of its archaeological points of interest - however the ancient cistern was unavailable for meals or drinking for the entire duration of our stay. We did sneak in for a look and were less than impressed by the use of the space.
    The last area of concern to me was the hotel restaurant - the food was horrendous at dinner but excellent for breakfast. The inconsistency is concerning but gave us a chance to sample many restaurants in the city.
    Antik has lovely suites, is decorated in a unique manner and is excellently located for walking into Sultanhamet, but there are many reasons why I will not be using this hotel when I return in 2008. It is very expensive for what is on offer.

Unique Quality: The ancient cistern could be a unique quality but was not seen in its best light by us. There are artefacts displayed in the hotel reception area also.

Directions: Just off main rosd that takes you into Sultanhamet. Situated very close to Beyazit aquare.

More about Antik Hotel

Istanbul - Antik Hotel

by RTV

We are going on a Pacha Tour on July 9th. We are arriving 2 days early and staying at the Antik Hotel. Can anyone suggest restaurant in that area?
We plan on doing some sightseeing before the tour starts. Anything you might suggest that Pacha Tours will not take us to. Someone had mentioned the Dolmabache Palace. Is that close to our hotel?
Thanks

RE: Istanbul - Antik Hotel

by Karahan

There might be another Antik hotel with the same name.. Where is "your" Antik Hotel.. Beyazit? So you have lots of attractions like Sultanahmet, St. Sophia, Topkapi Palace, Grand Bazaar etc... Very close to the main city center. Actually Istanbul has got so many centers but the main tourist attractions around Sultanahmet (that is very close to Beyazit)

Dolmabahce is a little bit far away... 20 to 30 minutes. depends on traffic