Kutlugun Sokak 51, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, 34122, Turkey

Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

• Snipernurse's Profile Photo

Antique Hostel is the worst

Words of the wise, Antique Hostel SUCKS!!!!!! In all the hostels I have ever stayed it ranks amongst the lowest. I jumped at the opportunity to pack my bags and move to a different locale. Primarily the staff sucks. Unless you are a female you will be ignored, and so if you ladies want to be followed around by skinny Turkish guys this might be your spot. They offer no services, show no interest in helping you familiarize with the area or in organizing activities. The hostel itself is old and crickety and not very clean. I decided to stay here because it was highly rated but I can't understand who would rate it so high it is not worth a dime. With all the accommodations in Istanbul I advise you look elsewhere

• DovoftheGalilee's Profile Photo

Travelers Beware!

During our stat there for ten days I saw some of the worst treatment of guests I've come across. I'll explain:

1] in the basement level are affordable hostel beds- on one particular day a Kiwi couple was robbed of all their gear. Management wasn't even phased. No help- nothing.

2] Myself and friends had two rooms and during the whole duration there was no cleaning of the bathroom. We wanted to leave but because we paid ahead of our visit we could not get anything back.

3] During times at breakfast and other moments around the reception office we saw people come in who also booked on line and they saw the state of the rooms and wanted out of the contract- we personally saw this a few times and it always got ugly.

Directions: Sultahnamet

• mikkie50's Profile Photo

Great hostel/hotel

Our stay at hotel ANtique was a good /comfortable/ rooms where small but clean good air con/good shower :-)) / clean sheets/ nice views.
    Also a very good turkish breakfast.
    I would highly recomend this as a good place to stay for a few days maybe three or four at the most. as you are only realy using it to sleep in.

Also it is idealy located being in the Sultanahmet district and only a five minute walk from the blue mosque/ topkapi palace and all the other main attractions

Unique Quality: they have a great view from the roof terrace overlooking the Blue mosque and brilliant views across the bosphorous seeing all the ships and ferries sailing up and down.
    while sitting having breakfast

Directions: Sultanahmet district

• AcornMan's Profile Photo

Hotel Antique: Inexpensive and convenient

I've seen this place listed as a hostel on the internet, but it looked and felt like a regular hotel to me and I'm not sure why it is classified as a hostel sometimes. Hotel Antique was absolutely perfect for our needs. It was very inexpensive, had a small but comfortable room with a private bath, and air conditioning. It also included a very good traditional Turkish breakfast each morning on the roof terrace, which had a great view of the Sea of Marmara in one direction and the top of the Blue Mosque in the other direction. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Best of all, the location was convenient, right down the hill from the Hippodrome and Blue Mosque, both of which can be reached on foot in less than ten minutes. The hotel is located in a residential neighborhood that was quiet, so we slept well. I highly recommend Hotel Antique for budget travelers.

Word of caution: There is more than one Hotel Antique in Istanbul, but they are not affiliated with one another and are located in totally different parts of the city. Be absolutely sure you have the right one when you book or there's no telling what kind of confusion will result.

Directions: Down the hill southwest from the Hippodrome and Blue Mosque, near the intersection of Ogul Sok and Kapi Agasi

• mariocibelli's Profile Photo

Nice Hostel in Sultanahmet

I did not stay here, but used internet here over three trips and had tea and small meals there at least 10 times.

Unique Quality: Like staying in someones home, very confortable. Also, very good internet services. Good location, near the other hostels but without being in the middle of them - so it is quiet compared to Orient House etd...

Directions: Down the road 100 metres from the 4 Seasons