Mimar Mehmet Aga Caddesi, Amiral Tafdil Sokak, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

• Best Historical Places

The staff at the Apex are amazing! They are friendly, helpful and on hand 24
    hours a day. On arriving at the hotel, we were warmly welcomed by the
    receptionist and the duty manager. After settling into our room, we were
    encouraged to contact the duty manager for "orientation" This consisted of a
    twenty minute chat about the local area, where he answered lots of questions and
    gave us a map and guide book. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff at the
    Apex! We were greeted with a smile at all times. The location of the Dersaadet
    is fantastic. It is a 3 minute walk from the Beautiful Blue Mosque, and about 5
    minutes from Topkapi Palace. There is a bazaar just round the corner from the
    hotel, this is the best route to take to the Blue Mosque. At the end of the
    bazaar there are some restaurants where you can get very good apple tea. We
    walked down to the Grand Bazaar and the Spice Market, we found that we had to
    get very few taxis. Breakfast is served on the roof terrace which has an
    excellent view of the area.

More about Apex Hotel

There is no friendlier hotel on this planet!!

by TripAdvisor Member Chelsea_Fan_Holland

I'm just back from Istanbul, where my friends and I stayed at The Apex Hotel in the Sultanahmet area of the city. We stayed 3 nights in this hotel, which is in a quiet back-street, only 2 minutes from the Blue Mosque, and 3 to 5 minutes away from Ayasofia, the Roman Cistern, Topkapi Palace and the Grand Bazaar. The Ferries to the Asian side of Istanbul are only a 10 minute walk as well, so you can imagine how centrally located it is!
The most impressive part of the Apex though, has got to be the owners and the staff. If you book for 3 nights or more, they will pick you up at the Airport free of charge as they did us. We walked out of the baggage area and they were waiting with a board with our name on it and whisked us away to the hotel, a journey of some 20 minutes or so.
The hotel itself is not large, only 10 rooms, which makes the service offered by all the staff members very personal indeed. The rooms are lavishly decorated in the Turkish style and exceptionally clean. The lady who cleaned our room even hung, folded and put away clothing which we hadn't! I've never had that happen before.
Whatever time we came back to the hotel (day or very, very late at night) the staff were at the desk to greet us and get us a coffee or drink if we required it, there are no surly night-porters in the Apex, only dedicated staff who seemed to only want to make our stay as wonderful as they could, something which I must say they did.
The breakfast room is small at the moment, but they are building a new one on the top of the building, overlooking the sea and the Blue Mosque. The breakfast was reasonable and they cooked us some eggs when we asked them to.
I would strongly advise anyone going to Istanbul to stay at the Apex Hotel, especially if you want a hotel which really cares about the guests and their welfare. I travel a lot and have stayed in hotels all around the world, but have NEVER stayed in such a friendly hotel anywhere
I'll be back!

Homely hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member BukhariPakistan

My previous Istanbul experience was not great so I was apprehensive, and was "ready for the worst". I was traveling with my family with three children, including my two year old Fatemah. All my anxiety was relieved when I reached Apex Hotel Historical, Sultanahmet. The welcome was warm and attitude was very helpful, friendly and at the same time professional. It seemed you could discuss anything with them. They helped me rent a car as well. Rooms were a little small, but well kept and tidy. The best thing was location. You could walk to most visitable places in Istanbul, with all sorts of eating places around. In nutshell I would love to stay in this hotel again, alone or with family.

apex

by TripAdvisor Member val98

Me and my wife just arrived from Istanbul where we stayed in this lovely hotel. The hotel is small (12 rooms) but very nice. On the arrival we were picked up up from the airport by hotel's free shuttle. No problems at all. All the staff was very frienly. The room where we spent 3 nights was big. We really enjoyed being there. 5 minutes walk to Blue Mosque and Aisophia. Very quiet. Thanks to all the staff again.
Valery & Marina Lushchenko, Moscow, Russia.

Excellent service and location!

by TripAdvisor Member slukaric

Besides excellent location in the very heart of old Istanbul (few minutes apart from Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia), hotel Apex Historical offers first rate service, and its very kind and pleasant personnel made our stay enjoyable during entire week - from the welcome cocktail to the farewell gift.
Next time I visit Istanbul (and I hope it will be soon) I will know which hotel to book without Internet search :)

Nice place on walking distance of great highlites and good restaurants

by TripAdvisor Member haremsupervisor

We stayed for 4 nights to visit Istanbul. (As firsttimers) We particularly liked the VIP Airportshuttle, wich took us without any delay within 30 minutes to the hotel. On arrival we were offered a drink. Check in only took seconds. Staff were very nice,polite etc. But it seemed that they really wanted us to have a good time. Breakfast was simple, but sufficient. The room offered everything needed. The bed slept very well. Real value for money.
In walking distance not only Blue Mosc, Aya Sofia, Cisternes and Topkapi palace, but also a nice range of restaurants.

gentle

by TripAdvisor Member jolijn86

The hotel is situated in the middle of Sultanahmet (blue mosque ect) The rooms are very nice and the showers excellent. Every day we came back in a very clean room. The staff was helpfull, friendly and always wanted to make a small talk. In the morning you can have breakfast at the roof terrace. The breakfast is simple but there is enough choice and the bread was really fresh.All four of us enjoyed staying here and for sure we will come back again.

SIMPLY THE BEST

by TripAdvisor Member ItalySilvia

I travel a lot for work and I can say without doubt that this is the best hotel in which I was
has a strategic position in relation to several places of interest and its Ottoman style cuddles you
Once you arrive at the airport the free shuttle(kindly offered by the hotel)welcomes you in Istanbul! when you arrive at the hotel the staff offers you a tipical juice and sweets.
When you go up, by the stairs covered by a red carpet, you ‘ll find your warm and super clean room.
The continental breakfast is rich and tasty and if there is the sun you can enjoy breakfast in terrace where you can admire all Istanbul.
But the best thing of this hotel is the staff extremely kind, friendly and willingness.
During my stay I had a small inconveiente of work and the manager immediately has done everything to help me I must say that only thanks to him I could solve my problem.
I have no words to tell you how great is this hotel, I tell you only that is the absolute best place where I have felt like at my house!
And I want underline that the staff is the best that I have met during my many travels
What are you waiting for? Book the flight and go to spend some fantastic days at Apex Hotel!!!

Ps. Sorry for my English, I’m Italian.

Fantastic staff

by TripAdvisor Member Jimbobjo6

Stayed here for five night. Brilliant position - easy walking distance to best sites but staff willing to arrange transport for you if you don't want to walk. Rooms were quite small but very clean. Breakfast was fine. Roof terrace wasn't finished with renovation but we were still able to use it. There is no drinks licence but ideal for being able to take our own duty frees on the roof terrace and having an evening drink. Staff were more than happy to bring us up ice and glasses. In fact the staff were the best we have ever encountered on any holiday, very friendly, helpful and polite. Brilliant. Would recommend the Apex to any one. Very inexpensive. From Jim & Jo Richards, Devon, England.

great position

by TripAdvisor Member Krusz

Just returned from a 5 nite stay at the 'Apex hotel - the best thing about this hotel is the position - right in the middle of the Sultanhammet area, also the service the staff give you is a big plus.
The Apex is a small hotel, it has no bar altho the staff are so helpful they will purchase wine or beer for you if you require it - the roof terrace wasnt quite ready for guests whilst I was there, but you can still use it - it has a good view - the rooms are very clean, and some larger than others - all with showers - breakfast is served downstairs and is simple but plentiful - the apple tea is great, I would recommend this small boutique hotel if you are looking for a good value base.

Comments