Barcelo Eresin Topkapi

Millet Caddesi 186, (formerly Golden Tulip Eresin Topkapi Hotel), Istanbul, 34104, Turkey

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 45% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• traveloturc's Profile Photo

In Topkapi

Hotel Eresin Topkapi is an elegant and distinctive property conveniently located in Istanbul old city centre, overlooking the ancient Topkapi Walls and within easy reach of the most important attractions (Blue Mosque, Agia Sofia, Topkapi Palace), entertainment venues and shopping areas (Grand Bazar).
    The hotel features spacious and comfortable bedrooms offering modern amenities and a nice decor. On-site facilities include a fully equipped health club, large meeting and banqueting facilities, a restaurant, a lounge bar and Wi-Fi Internet connection.

• CarolinaDB's Profile Photo

A comfortable hotel

This was the second time I stayed at this hotel. It is a 5* spanish hotel. Although it isn´t located at the center of the old town, it is very well comunicated:you can reach the bazaar in 10/15 min by train, for example.

Recently tha spanish company named "Barceló" bought the hotel and since then it is getting better. It has a very good service.

If you decide to stay in this hotel, make sure your room is on the 3rd flat or upper because they still haven´t changed the other rooms and they are a bit old (I won´t dive them more than 3*)

Directions: Situado en la ciudad vieja, en la parte europea de Estambul
    A 10 minutos del Gran Bazar y del Centro Histórico
    A 10 kilómetros del Aeropuerto Internacional Atatürk y el Centro de Exposiciones CNR

• EdinburghRoc's Profile Photo

Cheap but comfortable

We stayed in a small hotel I can't remember the name now in 2006.
    Breakfast was included but lunch and dinner was eaten elsewhere our choice of restaurant..
    It was close to Topkapi Palace and a short walk to shopping and history.
    We all met one another served with a glass of orange.
    British: Canadians; Australians and Americans all traveling together by bus on an Archeology tour.
    If you love Roman ruins and wish to visit Troy this is for you.
    Theaters ancient streets chariot tracks.
    AND TOMATOES AT EVERY MEAL!
    Take no notice of the name of the hotel above I can't remember the name
    but this will insist on naming one no matter what I say.

Unique Quality: It had a bar.

Directions: Close to Topkapi we could walk it.
    I do recall walking to and from the Bazaar on our last day and past
    by the famous Turkish bath..

• Latvija's Profile Photo

Istanbul best hotel

REALY very nice and good hotel for Istanbul because its 5 star and near the SULTAN AHMET and all histrical place

• Latvija's Profile Photo

Istanbul best hotel

• aliamiri's Profile Photo

A luxury hotel but really expensive ...

5 Star, luxury and nice looking, with many facilities which I didn't use at all, but I got problem for using internet!
    Service is Ok, the main restaurant was good and airport transfer is well.
    But its prices is really high I think. consider that we didn't pay for hotel, because we were in our flight stop withTurkish Airlines.

Unique Quality: There was a delicious food we ate at hotel for dinner, named "Shish Kebab". If you go there, try it. you can order at your room.

Directions: european side of Istanbul, Fatih region

• vichatherly's Profile Photo

Spectacular five star

I was lucky enough to stay here for two nights in 1994.

Martin came up trumps with the glorious Eresin, I'm still not sure how he got such a bargain as we certainly didn't pay five star prices for the stay.

Five star hotel with tram stop outside for city centre access.

Breakfast had to be seen to be believed. We we were normally coming in from an evening out on the town when breakfast began, so we feasted before heading up to our rooms for some rest.

Unique Quality: It did have a nice revolving door at the entrance.

More about Barcelo Eresin Topkapi

Restaurants near Barcelo Eresin Topkapi Hotel

by Merilyn

We will be staying at this hotel at the end of May and would like some recommendations of restaurants nearby with good food at reasonable prices. Any help would be appreciated.

by max_stirner

Hi.

You will find everwhere in the surroundings local restaurants for 5 $ a meal, and less ; but anyway the tramway is just a few steps away and you can go everywhere you will enjoy to pay far more.

Max

by sevilsungur

I realise you are traveling as a family of five, but I strongly recommend that you not hesitate to take a short ride around town for a nice restaurant.

The following is only 10 minutes ride to your hotel, in Eminönü area, traditional turkish food, real good, my favorite, when foreign friends are in town I choose this location.

If you feel like driving five more minutes, the whole taksim area is at your service. This restaurant is right at the Taksim Square, and adjacent to but not in the usual hustle and bustle of the square. I think I choose it because they serve the best fries, kids favorite;)

by sevilsungur

oooops, family of five??? it's been a while since I logged into the forums, now I realised all the profiles without a photo have the same photo....confused due to an earlier forum post, regardless, the recommendations are still in effect, just skip the fries, they are not good, who wants all that cholesterol:)))

Comments