Bebek Hotel

Cevdetpasa Caddesi No.34, Istanbul, 80810, Turkey

• Lomma's Profile Photo

Just by the Strait

A lovely hotel just by the Strait. The rooms were big with a lovely bath, lovely view with fully aircondition, minibar, balcony and good service.
    A very nice restaurant and out door snack bar by the strait.
    Delicious breakfast of which you of course could order to your room and sit on the balcony and enjoy.

Unique Quality: Great views and room

Directions: Europe side - by the Bosporous strait. North of the center

More about Bebek Hotel

view of bosphorus

by varicella about bebek hotel

? didnt stay..but ? usually go to bebek hotels bar to drink something with my aunt and family..its bar has the best cocktails in the city great views

I S T A N B U L

by Lomma

"CITY ON THE SEVEN HILLS..."

Already on the flight in to Istanbul - I knew this was going to be an exiting weekend. Having worked within shipping for some years - Bosporous Strait has always been a part of the terminology. And flying over the Black Sea part you could really see that the vessels were lining up on both sides to get through. Exiting for shipping people who has never seen it before.

I noticed hills - also on the way in, but did not take notice of that before we started to get closer to our hotel at the Bebek area. Then I realized that this is not a flat city - it is really a city going up and down.
Our friends told us that the city is build on Seven Hills of which I truly experienced over the weekend. Never have I seen anymore ups and downs and can only imagine what a chaos it will be if the snow falls down.

Over the weekend we were driven up and down to various places and I noticed that the traffic is a killer especially if you don't know the back alleys of the roads.

"BEBEK AND THE CITY CENTER"

Bebek is an area just where the Bosporous strait is at the narrowest. It is a bit up north from the Center on the European Side. A nice area close to the strait and green with nice trees around the houses. We stayed at the loveliest hotel - Bebek Hotel - by the waterside, an excellent hotel with beautiful view over the strait and over to the asian side.

To be honest I did not see much of the city center. I went for lunch at Down Town of Istanbul. Nice shops and nice restaurants. The most I saw of Istanbul was on the yacht trip on the Bosporus where we went along the strait down to then City and saw the harbour area and all the mosques. It was beatiful though to be able to see it from the sea and to see how beautiful this city really is. Also good because you then got away from the noisy crowds in the center. (I am not good in crowds)

I managed to get 2 hours in the Bazars before going back and ended up with some nice leather bags and a beautiful scharf with embroideries. Next time, some more serious shopping and touring will be done to the other facilities, but this time the program with our friends was very tight, so there was little time to explore more. (exploring with hangover from a nightclub visit is not easy either)

Next trip we had in August we managed to get ourselves into the City Center. And took a small walkabout around in the Old Center. The Bazar was closed, but there are still plenty of shops open, and maybe the more cosy ones. I managed to get a taxi back to the hotel, but apparantly the taxi driver was hoping to screw me for money so he explained to me he had to take the long road home. I said, I dont think so and called my houseband that was 30 min in front of us. He said the traffic was fine of which I told the taxi driver. The guy turned around, drove back to the taxi station and asked me to leave... ah well - so much for being blond and not stupid.

"BOSPOROUS STRAIT"

As mentioned on top, seing all the boats waiting to pass through and also watching all the vessel passing our hotel window were quite a trill for me. We saw vessel that both me and my houseband is *connected* to in business and we saw amazing big vessels manouvering through.

We are so lucky to have such goods friends inviting us to Istanbul, and by this also get to see Turkey and Turkey people diffrently than being in the crowds of the touristical places. Like the Bazars are.

We were taken to the nicest restaurant on a hill of course with view over to Asia and you could see the Old and the New bridge. Cant remember the name of the place - but it was very popular and also had a night club. Fantastic place.
We were invited to their family's houses and birthday party and we concluded the lot with a wonderful daycruise on the Bosporous Strait.

I see myself as a very priviledged person to know these people and they have got what they wanted... I want to come back

On our second trip we were taken out on the straight on this fantastic sail cruiser. We spent the hole night out dancing and singing and sightseeing and drinking on the water. The night was warm and smooth.
If you have all these chances to see Istanbul - it is really worth it.

The blondes at the Bebek Hotel BalconyThe blondes at the Bebek Hotel Balcony