Best Western Premier Regency Suites & Spa

Costs 48% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Best Western Premier Regency Suites & Spa

Best of Best Western!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Lorrie56

The Best Western Regency Suites is a terrific small hotel! There are just 16 rooms, a small basement spa & a small restaurant. There are 2 rooms with balconies~the rooms with balconies are small, but the view from the balconies (especially room 501!!) are worth giving up some space for. The other rooms are quite large & the rooms are spotless. It is located within walking distance to the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, public transportation, the Grand Bazaar & restaurants & shopping galore. The included breakfast was OK~they will make you eggs to order & there are yogurt, breads, cheese, cereal, coffee & tea to choose from. The TV has many choices in many languages & there is internet access from the rooms. All in all, I was very pleasantly surprised as I tended to not care for Best Westerns in general (yep, I guess I am stuck up!!) but this one I would give 4 plus stars to!!

magical city and fabulous people

by TripAdvisor Member LondonMildred

The hotel was located in a perfect place for sight seeing and in a quiet and friendly location. I took my mother to Istanbul to celebrate a very special birthday and she absolutely loved it and fell in love with the city and the people.

We stayed in an executive suite it was spacious and well appointed .The whole hotel was kept spotlessly clean. All staff were amazing and the owner and his wife were delightful, nothing was too much for them. They were so welcoming and respectful to my mother and made her feel so special ,it is a holiday that she will never forget .My mother has visited many countries and stayed in many wonderful hotels including in other parts of Turkey ,however she said that it was the best holiday she has ever had and that made my holiday as I wanted it to be very special for her .

It was a shame that I could not get to use the spa it looked so good ,just ran out of time as there were so many wonderful places to visit and we were there for only eight days .

Istanbul is a magical city and a city that all should visit and enjoy.
The hotel is great place to stay for this.

Excellent boutique hotel in great location

by TripAdvisor Member mramo

The room was modern, clean & very comfortable. The service was good & the location is fantastic - less than 5 minutes walk to the Blue Mosque. We really loved having breakfast in the hotel's dining room, where you can sit al fresco by the quaint little street where our hotel was located. Our only disappointment is that the hotel staff did not tell us that we can order cooked eggs as part of our buffet breakfast. We stayed there 2 nights & only found out after we checked out. But everything else is perfect. We'll definitely stay here again.

Perfectly located amazing hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Margarita0202

I found this hotel through hotels.com, and I was really happy with! While choosing the hotel location was of the main priority, and it has lived up my expectations!
It is indeed perfectly located, just about 3-5 minutes walk to the SultanAhmet Mosque,bout 8 minutes Hagia Sophia and about 8-10 to Topkapi Palace!! In fact i have checked that it is the nearest hotel out of all to all those historical places!
Around the hotel are many restaurants with amaaaaazing turkish food! and many small food shops right next to the hotel where you can get both food or items of person hygiene! (in case u left ur toothbrush).

The hotel itself is small but veery cosy! I should say the rooms are really big for a hotel of this size,and very beautiful! With a nice interior and u can feel with work of the designer in them,everything is worked out up to accessories! The bathrooms are huge and very clean and for a 4star hotel surprisingly have bathrobes,slippers and everything you might need! The rooms also have electronic teapots ,cups and teabags,so even no need to for room service!

The staff is very friendly and very professional! Should I ever be in Istanbul again,I'd definately stay in this hotel!

5 star luxury in a newly refurbished small & personal hotel

by TripAdvisor Member petebuch

I was staying in Instanbul on an extended work assignment and found this small hotel in a street In Sultanahmet..
The hotel has recently been refurbished to a very high standard. My room was large with every amenity you could wish for - tv/radio, coffee/tea making facilities, mini bar, well equipped bathroom with robes and a powerful shower/bath. Since I have difficulty sleeping on a foam pillow they even bought 2 new feather/down pillows for me.
The hotel lobby staff are professional and very helpful.
The restaurant food is Ok to good particularly the breakfast and pasta dishes. The restaurant staff are also good but a little over zealous to please and their English could be a little better compared to the lobby staff.
However these are minor criticisms compared to the overall experience.
I would thoroughly recommend this hotel located in the heart of the cultural district of Instanbul.

Fantastic Botique Hotel in the Heart of Sultanahmet

by TripAdvisor Member its5pm

My wife and I stayed at this absolutely wonderful hotel the night before boarding a cruise ship. The location in is perfect - within walking distance of the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, and the "don't miss" Topkapi Palace. It is right in the middle of the Sultanahmet old town, and within a short walk of the "upscale" bazaar.

We found the english-speaking staff very friendly, and the rooms were very modern and absolutely immaculate. The spa facilities, including the exercize room were spotless and had a very relaxing aroma. Being on the lower level, they were quiet and relaxing.

The breakfast was excellent. Food for both American and European tastes is available. Again, the utensils and presentation was spotless, better than most US restaurants.

Our room was on the 4th floor, with a balcony that overlooked the street below, which was filled with shops and activity. The windows are double-paned, so even the loudest outside noises were barely perceptible. Our traveling companions stayed a block away and were awakened at 5am by the muezzin. We never heard a thing.

On a return trip we won't even look elsewhere for a place to stay. One night was great - I would love to stay longer next time.

Highly Recommended

by TripAdvisor Member pegnbuck

Just spent three nights at this lovely hotel. As all the reviews say it has an excellent Sultanahmet location. But, the front desk made the stay exceptional. They were very helpful and friendly and made sure that all our needs were met.
We had a great room and though it was in the front, with a great view of the Bosphorus, the double-paned windows made for a nice quiet place to sleep.
This was the end of a two week trip around Turkey and we were thrilled with the great shower! It was the best shower I have ever experienced in Europe....and those that travel know that showers can be problematic....
Had dinner in the restaurant one evening and it was delightful. All in all I would recommend wholeheartedly....and the breakfast is great!

Loved the Spa

by TripAdvisor Member delonLondon

Excellent location, super nice front desk staff, large and spotless rooms, and superb spa (sauna + hammam facilities). Only the breakfast is a bit of a let-down (compared to the highest standard of the rest, that is).

wonderful!

by TripAdvisor Member fruitfashions

My husband and I stayed here after a week in Crete Greece, returned to U.S. only last night. Our only disappointment was in not staying longer(2.5 days). The location as everyone else says, cannot be beat and the rooms were cleaner and more comfortable than one usually finds. As I say, our time was short however we experienced so much. Istanbul is an amazing place with amazing people. The staff overall were terrific however I must stress how terrific concierge Alexander was. He arranged tours, gave advise, directions and overall "friendship" to these two strangers. He also made several phone calls for us as we could not get our 65 kilo purchase back to United States on short notice with the airlines. Because of him we will be getting our package(which is still in Istanbul as I write) shortly and I believe in one piece. He went above and beyond the call of duty with always a smile and we commend him tremendously.

No terrace restaurant or sea views from rooms

by TripAdvisor Member funkysun

I specifically booked this hotel as a special treat after undergoing lengthy treatment for cancer this year. The location and hotel description were the main factors influencing my choice and I opted to pay a lot more for the fact that the hotel boasted of SEAVIEWS from most of the rooms as well as from the Terrace Restaurant. The first two bedrooms shown to us were small and to the rear of the property and only metres from the large adjoining apartment block where washing was hanging out to dry.We were upgraded to an "Executive Suite" overlooking the front street but only glimpses could be had of the sea between the buildings opposite. There was no Terrace Restaurant.

On the plus side the location was perfect to be in short walking distance of the main sights and the staff were most courteous.However I feel we could have had a much bettter deal for the money we spent on this hotel because of their erroneous descriptions.

Ataturk Airport & Turkish AirlinesAtaturk Airport & Turkish Airlines

Beautiful tiles on the exterior wallsBeautiful tiles on the exterior walls

zazie nisantasizazie nisantasi

Ladies, fancy cooking in this kitchen?Ladies, fancy cooking in this kitchen?

Exclusivetravelturkey was Walkabout turkey before 2007. Anybody knows them?

by diana_renou

Hi, www.exclusivetravelturkey.com is less expensive than another travel agency in Turkey, but I can't find anythink about them in forum. They were called Walkabout turkey before 2007. Anyone knows them? Any advice before I book with then? Thanks a lot for your help!!

Re: Exclusivetravelturkey was Walkabout turkey before 2007. Anybody knows them?

by tarki

Hi Diana,
have you checked http://www.middleearthtravel.com/

They are really good. I don't know their prices in comparison to others but I think it's worth considering it...
enjoy,
Tarkan

Re: Exclusivetravelturkey was Walkabout turkey before 2007. Anybody knows them?

by chicken33

Hi Diana

I booked my holiday through Walkabout Travel this year (2008). They have a large office in Sultanahmet (the old part of Istanbul) and my holiday was brilliant. I did a 3 week tour around Turkey and they organised all the transport and accommodation and only once I had a problem, and I called the agency and they sorted everything out. The cost of my tour was less than I had originally expected to pay and I plan on going back to Turkey again next year and will use them again without hesitation. I hope that helps you. A guy called Fairhat planned the tour for me.

Comments