Cordial House Hotel Istanbul

Raimix's Profile Photo

Hostel quality cheap hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 21, 2011

Due to price and quality it is more hostel than hotel, as it is written. It is basic place for sleeping, silent (I guess it is when room turned into yard side of building), the place is quite central; about 10 minutes walk to Blue mosque. Anyway, hostel is a big one, so looks not so personal if you try to find other travelers to speak with.

Double room was booked, but it had also the second bed, where you could simply put your belongings.

Double room price was about 40 euros (without breakfast provided).

Directions: Not so far from Cemberlitas column. Sultanahmet suburb.

ares19a's Profile Photo

the cheapest and best hostel in Istanbul city

by written on April 1, 2011

stayed in Cordial House with a group of friends and we enjoyed our stay very much. highly recommended.

Unique Quality: cheap, comfortable, safe, friendly, good location, what else would you need for a nice stay?

Cordial House Hotel - Hostel

by written on November 2, 2009

The place was clean and the location was perfect. The internet was very fast and cheap and we were able to stay for hours in the common area after we checked out to wait for the bus to cappadocia which was organised through the tourism desk on level 1 in the hostel. The guy at the tourism office was really helpful and arranged EXCELLENT accommodation for us in Urgup. We are coming back to this hostel when we arrive back in Istanbul!

illumina's Profile Photo

Central Hostel

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 5, 2009

We stayed in the hostel part of this establishment, and it was perfectly adequate. We payed $13 per person per night, booking through Hostelworld - which was quite a bit cheaper than paying the prices advertised at reception. They were undergoing some renovation work at the time we were there, but that should be done now. Reception was fairly friendly and helpful, there was internet access for a small fee in the bar/breakfast room, and a tourist information on the first floor. A small supermarket just up the road was very useful, and the location can't really be bettered!

Directions: Turn down the street opposite the Cemberlitas baths, and it's past a few restaurants on the left.

Istanbul's best budget hotel

by written on June 22, 2009

The hospitality I received from Cordial House is enormous. The manager, Tugrul Gokce and staff made me feel I was at home in Canada. The warmth and the friendly gestures are overwhelming I feel I lived in a house instead of an hotel. The rooms are clean, every request is attended to without delay, request for trips and advise for travel are well provided and most staff you can converse lengthily even when they are busy. WHen I left a LIRA coin in my laundry, they honestly handed me back the coin. When I asked for a shuttle to the airport, there is no delay. When I request my luggages to be stored, no problem, they will take care of it. If you compare the rates they charge with other hostels, Cordial House is reasonable considering the closeness of the top attractions such as the Turkish Bazaar, Topkapi, Ble Mosque, Cistern Underground, the tram, and the Turkish baths. I will remember my stay in Istanbul as the brightest shining jewel in the entire travels I have had for so many years. I feel the Turkish people as one of the friendliest ever I have met in my travels. I won so many friends in my visits to Cappadocia, Pamukkale, Ephesus, Taksim Square Istiklial Caddesi etc. I am very proud that this country retains the tradition and discipline of its history and culture. When my plane flew from Istanbul, I had a lump in my throat, thinking that I am leaving behind the warmth and friendly citizens of this country. Tugrul and company, thank you so much-

Unique Quality: location is the best, very friendly staff and good room rates

Directions: Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace, Granda Bazaar, Underground Cistern

Nearby Cordial House Hotel Istanbul

• Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Istanbul Travel Forum

Need advice about Istanbul, Turkey? Visit the Travel Forum for Istanbul and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Istanbul hotel reviews

Kumkapi District
Bosphorus zoo
Hamdi
Restaurants
Chora church Museum (Kariye )
bargaining