Cordial House Hotel Istanbul

Booking.com Expedia.com Agoda.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 2 star hotels

• Raimix's Profile Photo

Hostel quality cheap hotel

Due to price and quality it is more hostel than hotel, as it is written. It is basic place for sleeping, silent (I guess it is when room turned into yard side of building), the place is quite central; about 10 minutes walk to Blue mosque. Anyway, hostel is a big one, so looks not so personal if you try to find other travelers to speak with.

Double room was booked, but it had also the second bed, where you could simply put your belongings.

Double room price was about 40 euros (without breakfast provided).

Directions: Not so far from Cemberlitas column. Sultanahmet suburb.

• ares19a's Profile Photo

the cheapest and best hostel in Istanbul city

stayed in Cordial House with a group of friends and we enjoyed our stay very much. highly recommended.

Unique Quality: cheap, comfortable, safe, friendly, good location, what else would you need for a nice stay?

Cordial House Hotel - Hostel

The place was clean and the location was perfect. The internet was very fast and cheap and we were able to stay for hours in the common area after we checked out to wait for the bus to cappadocia which was organised through the tourism desk on level 1 in the hostel. The guy at the tourism office was really helpful and arranged EXCELLENT accommodation for us in Urgup. We are coming back to this hostel when we arrive back in Istanbul!

• illumina's Profile Photo

Central Hostel

We stayed in the hostel part of this establishment, and it was perfectly adequate. We payed $13 per person per night, booking through Hostelworld - which was quite a bit cheaper than paying the prices advertised at reception. They were undergoing some renovation work at the time we were there, but that should be done now. Reception was fairly friendly and helpful, there was internet access for a small fee in the bar/breakfast room, and a tourist information on the first floor. A small supermarket just up the road was very useful, and the location can't really be bettered!

Directions: Turn down the street opposite the Cemberlitas baths, and it's past a few restaurants on the left.

Istanbul's best budget hotel

The hospitality I received from Cordial House is enormous. The manager, Tugrul Gokce and staff made me feel I was at home in Canada. The warmth and the friendly gestures are overwhelming I feel I lived in a house instead of an hotel. The rooms are clean, every request is attended to without delay, request for trips and advise for travel are well provided and most staff you can converse lengthily even when they are busy. WHen I left a LIRA coin in my laundry, they honestly handed me back the coin. When I asked for a shuttle to the airport, there is no delay. When I request my luggages to be stored, no problem, they will take care of it. If you compare the rates they charge with other hostels, Cordial House is reasonable considering the closeness of the top attractions such as the Turkish Bazaar, Topkapi, Ble Mosque, Cistern Underground, the tram, and the Turkish baths. I will remember my stay in Istanbul as the brightest shining jewel in the entire travels I have had for so many years. I feel the Turkish people as one of the friendliest ever I have met in my travels. I won so many friends in my visits to Cappadocia, Pamukkale, Ephesus, Taksim Square Istiklial Caddesi etc. I am very proud that this country retains the tradition and discipline of its history and culture. When my plane flew from Istanbul, I had a lump in my throat, thinking that I am leaving behind the warmth and friendly citizens of this country. Tugrul and company, thank you so much-

Unique Quality: location is the best, very friendly staff and good room rates

Directions: Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace, Granda Bazaar, Underground Cistern

More about Cordial House Hotel Istanbul

Central location, great staff and loved Cordial Ho

by ares19a about Cordial House

The hospitality I received from Cordial House is enormous. The manager and staff made me feel I was at home at home. The warmth and the friendly gestures are overwhelming I feel I lived in a house instead of an hotel. The rooms are clean, every request is attended to without delay, request for trips and advise for travel are well provided and most staff you can converse lengthily even when they are busy. WHen I left a LIRA coin in my laundry, they honestly handed me back the coin. When I asked for a shuttle to the airport, there is no delay. When I request my luggages to be stored, no problem, they will take care of it. If you compare the rates they charge with other hostels, Cordial House is reasonable considering the closeness of the top attractions such as the Turkish Bazaar, Topkapi, Ble Mosque, Cistern Underground, the tram, and the Turkish baths. I will remember my stay in Istanbul as the brightest shining jewel in the entire travels I have had for so many years. I feel the Turkish people as one of the friendliest ever I have met in my travels. I won so many friends in my visits to Cappadocia, Pamukkale, Ephesus, Taksim Square Istiklial Caddesi etc. The movie Midnight Express of so many years ago was wrong. The way the western press focuses right now on the war fronts between the Turks and the Kurds in the south are blown out of proportion. I am very proud that this country retains the tradition and discipline of its history and culture. When my plane flew from Istanbul, I had a lump in my throat, thinking that I am leaving behind the warmth and friendly citizens of this country. The manager and company, thank you so much, I am sure I will be back.... good location
clean rooms
friendly and reliable staff
nice athmosphere to meet many other travelers

Budget place

by mounirco about Cordial house

even if it's small place, noisy and the food was Ok, but you fell that you are in istanbul.
it's in the main area near Cemberlitas tramway station.
the staf is very helpful and Internet is free !!!!!

you can walk to blue mosque, Aya sofia, the grand bazaar...... Area, transportation, near supermarkets..

nice staff

Best hostel to stay in Istanbul

by ares19a about Cordial House Hostel

I stayed for 2 nights there and liked the hostel very much. Here are some good points I found; -Location, you could walk everywhere. I only used the tram to go to Galata Tower, and that was 1.40 Lira each way. -Close to a very nice dining restaurant, like an informal dinner, where you could eat decently for less than 10 Lira and you could pay with a credit card! Also, close to 2 super markets were you could buy water bottles 1.5 L for 0.39 lira (instead of buying from the street at 5 Lira! -Clean Bathrooms, but I think Floor #2 had better bathrooms that Floor #3. -Room #306 had a nice open door that had a valcony, and Istanbul was cool in Sept, so no heat problems. -10 Lira ride to the international airport. I booked the one for 5:45AM and it went well, I got to the airport at around 6:20AM after the guy picked up about 6 other people on other nearby hotels. -Comfortable Bed, clean linens I will return and I highly recommend if you are on a budget. LOCATION IS UNBEATBLE!!!!!!

hostel in Istanbul

by mimrly

I am going to Istanbul in September. Do you know any nice and cosy, but cheap place (hostel or guest house) there? Down town is a must.

by Mickyk

Last time I was in Istanbul (2000) I stayed for 9 days at the Orient Youth Hostel. It is located in the heart of the Sultanahmet area. Staff was nice, rooms okay, but shared with 6 to 8 persons. Had a rooftop bar/cum breakfast/cum dinner place. Nice views of the Bosphorus and good food as well.

It is located on the Akbiyik Cadessi 13, which is almost around the corner of the expensive Four Seasons Hotel. There are some small and expensive restaurants on this street too. Better eat somewhere else where you do not pay extra for being a tourist.

Ha a nice trip

by backpackerbaby

Hello,

I just back from Tukey for a few days and I also stayed at Orient Youth Hostel during my stay in istanbul. It's the best hostel in my Turkey trip: excellent location (v. close to Blue Mosque and St Sofia), good price (10 Million Turkish Lira per nite in dorm with breakfast) and friendly staff.

I stayed in a dorm for 6 people, it's clean and with heating system. The shared shower (with 24 hr hot water supply!)and toilets were very clean. I was impressed by its roof-top cafe where I enjoyed the sea view! There's a bar/disco in the basement, very crowded on New Year's Eve!

I strongly recommend you to stay there!

Cheers,

www.sultanhostel.com
Both are very good!

by mimrly

Thanks a lot.
I wish all of you many pleasant journeys around the world.

by Gokcecicek

Hi,
Please check my homepage. There is a link for cheap hostels in Istanbul. If you also need other tips, you can check my Istanbul pages as well.
Have a nice day
Gokcecicek

by gezinet

try www.turktravel.net

by ares19a

Cordial House Hostel is a cheap but very nice and located right in down town center. Stayed there last July and had nice memories.

They have a web site: www.cordialhouse.com

E-mail: enquiries@cordialhouse.com

Phone: +90 212 517 27 27

Enjoy the city that offers so many amazing surprises.

by ares19a

Cordial House is maybe the best option if you are looking for a reasonably priced nice hostel. www.cordialhouse.com

Comments