Crystal Hotel Istanbul

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 42% lower than similarly priced 4 star hotels

• HebaM's Profile Photo

Overpriced hotel

Crystal hotel is a short walk from Taksim Square, it's placed in a quiet area, near the underground station and you can simply walk to the famous Istiklal Street for shopping and dining. but don't expect any city view from your room, in my case my room was overlooking a building under contraction with noise and the workers looking at me every time I open the curtain, the TV is tiny with no cable channels, the bathroom was good with a big bathtub, they don't provide a tea kettle in the room, few electronic plugs, the mini bar is very expensive! I remember paying 8 lira for 2 coke. The breakfast buffet was very good however the restaurant is very small, crowded, crammed and noisy. And I could say the same about the lobby. the hotel was clean , there's only one indoor pool and it's perfect for kids but for adults I really don't think so, the restaurant on the roof provide a good view but the food is nothing special, Staff were polite and helpful but not friendly and beside the receptionists it's hard to find someone understanding English. Before going to that place the travel agency in Cairo told me it's a top notch 4 stars hotel and it's going to be a great stay but I was very disappointed really overpriced for a so called 4 stars hotel, the pictures in their brochure are misleading. My stay wasn't good but not horrible comparing to other 3 stars hotel in the same area.
    We can all agree that you can't expect much from 3 or 4 stars hotels in Istanbul 'cause they will definitely let you down. Esp. for what you pay. And I can say that according to my experience with other Istanbul's hotels.

Unique Quality: location

• Crystal In Istanbul

Rooms were ok but ac was horrible . I think management in an effort to save the energy has fixed Thermostat on 30 and during daytime it was like boiling and even if put it on 0 degree you would sweat. Otherwise hotel was oK. Location is excellent, staff is courteous, breakfast is good. Another darwback is elevator, hotel has been rennovated but elevator is still old slow , small and irritating.

• Istanbul's 4star Hotel

Hotel Crystal is ratted as 4 star hotel which needs to improved in all the categories.

Never try fruits basket while having your Breakfast.

I may advice some other hotels in Taksim.

Unique Quality: Nothing Special to write....

Directions: Near Taksim Square.

• management a little sleazy

The room was acceptable. The rates were supposedly 2oo us a night. I would not pay that for this hotel. I bargained for a much better rate.

One day the management told me that I would have move to another hotel. I tols them no, I was staying put. The point is: when you make a deal with someone you must then honour it.

Comments