Kucuk Ayasofya Caddesi Kapiagasi Sokak 5, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, 34400, Turkey

Dersaadet Hotel Istanbul
Travelocity Booking.com Hotels.com

• Cozy Inn in Istanbul

Dersaadet Oteli is a small inn located in the shadow of the Blue Mosque in Sultanahmet. The inn is a restored 19th century Ottoman wooden house and has a beautiful decor and a cozy ambiance about it that makes it a welcome place to come back to after a day of sightseeing. The inn is about a 5 minute walk from the Blue Mosque but is also located on a quiet little side street unlike most of the hotels in Sultanahmet which are located in clustered tourist areas. There are a few restaurants and local markets with reasonable prices within blocks of the inn.

We had only booked for two nights but ended up extending our stay two nights more because we were so happy with the accommodations. The first two nights we were in a sea view double and the second two nights we were in a standard double. The rooms are definitely on the small side, but in a cozy way, and also are very clean and have all the amenities one would need. The sea view is not worth the extra money so I would recommend just getting the standard double (though it is street level and much noisier). You can get plenty of the sea view at the free breakfast on the beautiful rooftop terrace.

The aspect that puts the Dersaadet over the top is the service. The front desk was extremely helpful and kind under all circumstances including booking us at their sister hotel, Hotel Niles, for a fifth night (we tried to extend again but they were full) and transporting us there for free. Also because we ended up staying more than three nights we became eligible for a free transfer to the airport and the staff at both hotels made it a point that we got that free transfer.

I would not hesitate to stay here again if traveling to Istanbul. You can read more about out visit to Istanbul on our travel blog- http://patrinadoestheglobe.blogspot.com/

• leeny's Profile Photo

I chose the Dersaadet Hotel after much research...

It was our first visit to Istanbul. I chose the Dersaadet Hotel after much research because of the excellent reviews this place received from various Internet sources and travel guides. We were not disappointed. The staff was helpful and friendly and spoke very good English. The rooms were well decorated, clean and comfortable with a modern bathroom and good working shower. We were offered a free breakfast buffet every morning on the rooftop of the hotel that offered wonderful views of the city. The rooftop had both indoor and outdoor seating. Also, this hotel is located in the Sultanahmet district and is in great proximity to all of the major tourist attractions. I would not hesitate to stay at the Dersaadet Hotel again or to recommend it to others. - Mary C., La Crosse, WI, U.S.A.

Unique Quality: Free use of laptop computer and Internet service
    Free breakfast buffet on rooftop with outstanding views of the Sea of Marmara and mosques
    Close proximity to all major tourist attractions in Sultanahmet district
    Helpful, accomodating, English-speaking staff
    Clean, comfortable beds and bedding
    Modern, good working shower and toilet

Directions: Sultanahmet District

• Istanbul's best hotel

My husband and I stayed 4 nights at Dersaadet hotel, pre-cruise. We were impressed by the outstanding service provided by this small hotel. You get free airport pickup if you stay more than 3 nights and the hotel has 24Hrs free internet access. The staff has been very helpful, from giving directions to getting your taxi and suggesting the best restaurant, all with a courteous and cheerful manner. One day, my husband had food poisening, and we got the full attention from the hotel staff and even from the owner Deniz. They help me call the doctor to the hotel, and even make arrangements for a taxi driver to go pick up the medications at 8:00PM, when all the regular pharmacies are closed. When the doctor told me I should get some yogurt and boiled potatoes for my husband, I was totally puzzled, since the hotel doesn't have full restaurant service. To my surprise, a hotel staff showed up an hour later at our room, with a tray filled with yogurt and hot boiled potatoes. It's magic! We truly felt like being at home. I certainly recommend Dersaadet hotel to all travelers.

Unique Quality: Excellent location for sightseeing - Outstanding service - Great views - Reasonable price -
    Complimentary breakfast - Free internet access - Comfortable room

• Excellent small hotel, superb location

I've spent time in 72 countries, and the Dersaadet is an exemplar of what a small hotel should be. The staff is attentive without being overbearing. Each of the rooms is individually decorated in period decor (try finding that ambiance in a generic tourist hotel), giving the entire place the feel of someone's home rather than a hotel. This feeling is only amplified by the hotel's location. In a mixed-use residential neighborhood, it's only a few minutes walk to the Arasta Bazaar, the Blue Mosque and Aya Sophia, or if you prefer, the real (as opposed to touristy) water on the sea of Marmara (check out the abandoned Romanian freighter).

Breakfast from the terrace offers the same kinds of views one gets from the pricey Konyali restaurant in Topkapi Palace, but without the cost. There is free internet service in the small lobby, and fine local restaurants within a couple of blocks. The owner, Deniz, is usually on site to answer questions or handle special requests.

I spent time in each class of room (regular, suite, and Sultan's suite). The Sultan's suite will make you feel like one. If you want to feel like you're part of Istanbul instead of simply being in Istanbul, I can't recommend the Dersaadet too highly.

Unique Quality: Superb location. Short walk to major Istanbul sights or waterfront. Good restaurants and shopping literally around the corner. Neighborhood feel. Rooftop terrace with view of Blue Mosque and Sea of Marmara.

Directions: Sultanahmet, near Blue Mosque

• brownkat's Profile Photo

Great Value, Well-Situated Oasis

The service here was what you'd expect from a 5* hotel -- nothing was too much trouble. The receptionists were very friendly, professional and knowledgeable about sightseeing, restaurants, directions, etc.

Denis Duyar, the owner-manager is a young man with a three-generation background in hotel management ... and it shows. The place runs like clockwork and has some nice extras like free broadband wi-fi and a laptop everyone can use.

The rooms are spacious, spotless and comfortable. Ours (a double and a single on the third, top, floor) had great views of of the sea, mosques and ancient rooftops.

There's no restaurant, but a lovely roof terrace serves a good continental breakfast (which could be a little more inventive!) and cocktails at night. From there, you can see the Blue Mosque awesomely illuminated as well as the sea.

Location-wise, the Desaadet couldn't be more convenient -- you're a short walk from all the major sights in the Sultanhamet area.

We'll definitely return and can highly recommend this well-run jewel.

Unique Quality: * Small boutique hotel
    * Superbly managed
    * Reasonably priced
    * Conveniently situated
    * Free airport pickup ($20 value)
    * Good Views
    * Complimentary breakfast
    * Free Broadband/WiFi Internet Access

More about Dersaadet Hotel

Friendly Dersaadet Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Mayno

After the trials and tribulations of air travel today, Hotel Dersaadet was an island of comfort, hospitality, meticulously appointed rooms and friendliness. We paid a little extra for the "sea view room" but that was offset by paying our bill in cash upon departure. Not only did we get to enjoy the panoramic views of the Sea of Marmara from the comfort of our bedroom, but also from the lovely roof terrace where we had breakfast each morning. We much prefer the intimacy of the smaller "boutique" hotels to the larger commercialized versions. I might also add that the location in the old part of Istanbul, the Sultanamet, is ideal. Thank you, staff of Hotel Dersaadet.

Great Boutique Hotel

by BIW about Dersaadet Hotel

If you're looking for a boutique hotel this is a fantastic one. For character it is unsurpassed. I don't like decor which hits you in the face but instead has an understated elegance to it. This one has it. Its detail is so complete that the wood grain found in the lobby (pic #2) is the same type and color found on the closet in your room! Even the elevator (pic #4) is beautiful as you can see.

I cant compare room size with others in the area and, like most non-US hotels, expect it to be smaller. But it certainly was comfortable and not at all cramped.

Breakfast on the roof consisted of homemade bread (fantastic), olives, granola and many other items i cant recall.

But the best qualities of the hotel is the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. They all get an A+ from me. I'll explain in greater detail below. When I told the desk person that I was planning to go to the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia they asked me to come to them before I go for an orientation. Mind you this was not to recommend that I buy a tour from one of their friends or to go buy a carpet, etc. It was to tell me how much time I should expect to spend at each place, best way of getting there (a 5 minute walk), what to be on guard about, etc. It was a special service which I found very refreshing.

Their extreme level of helpfulness, however, was reserved for another needed time. The most valuable service a hotel staff can provide for you is security, if and when it is needed. Luckily there arent many times (if ever) that you may need to call on their familiarity with the culture, or knowledge about certain situations to assist you. Unfortunately, however, I was a victim of a scam and turned to the hotel management and staff for their help. It required them to confront the criminal and to also contact, and get involved with, the police.

They could not possiby have done a more professional job in defusing the situation and giving me a sense of security, well-being, and empathy. They were flawless in making me feel as comfortable as possible, and in defusing an escalating situation by making it clear to the criminal that he was not going to get what he wanted.

There are other hotel staffs which I'm sure would have done the same. The problem, however, is that you don't know how a staff will react until there is already a situation. It is extremely reassuring to know that the people at the Dersaadet not only provide for your comfort, but also for your safety.

Untrustworthy

I stayed in the Dersaadet hotel during June and I will never forget it. We had numerous bad experiences with the hotel. First off all the tours we went on were extortionate and once we would get chatting to the other people on the tour we would find out in disgust that they would have paid considerally less then us. On one occassion I priced a trip to the black sea for one person and I was charged to same as what three people had paid in another hotel. Even though they advertise a safe in the room on their site, there isn't, it''s in the basement and 100 euro was stolen from my room. Presumably one of the cleaners helped herself. On another occassion my camera went missing, when i confronted the clerk at the desk he denied all knowledge of my camera going missing but when I threatened calling the police, all of a sudden it miraculously appeared. Another note, don't bother with the airport pick up, when we met the guy who was to drive us from the airport, we had to wait over an hour while we waited for other passengers he was driving to various other hotels. Anyone who enjoyed staying in this hotel was in my opionion naive to the untrustworthy staff who masquerade as helpful but are really trying to get you to go on tours were they get a nice commission for themselves. For example located within walking distance from the hotel was Cagaloglu turkish bath, one of the most famous in the world. However when we asked the staff was there any good ones nearby, for twice the price of Cagaloglu we were bundled in a taxi driven halfway accross Istanbul to a shady backstreet bath house, no doubt paying dersaadet a commission fee for our custom. If you enjoy being ripped off I would sincerly reccomend the Dersaadet hotel Istanbul.

A 5 star service hotel

by TripAdvisor Member jade9999

My husband and I spent 4 nights in Dersaadet hotel, pre-cruise. We were impressed by the outstanding service from this small hotel. You get free airport pickup if you stay 3 nights and there is also free 24 Hrs internet access. The room is comfortable with the view of the Marmara sea. The same view along with the view of the Blue Mosque can be seen from the rooftop terrace. The hotel staff was very helpful in many ways, from giving directions to suggesting the best restaurant and getting your taxi quickly, all with a courteous and cheerful manner. One day, my husband was sick from food poisoning and we got the full attention from the hotel staff and even from the owner Deniz. They helped me call the doctor to the hotel and even make arrangement for a taxi driver to go pick up the medications at 8:00PM, when all the regular pharmacies were closed. When the doctor told me I should get some yogurt and boiled potatoes for my husband, I was totally puzzled, since the hotel doesn’t have a full restaurant service. To my surprise, a hotel staff showed an hour later at our room, with a tray filled with yogurt and hot boiled potatoes. It’s magic! We truly felt like being home and we certainly recommend Dersaadet hotel with all travelers.

EXCELLENT SERVICE, GREAT LOCATION, BEAUTIFUL HOTEL

We just stayed at the Dersaadet Hotel (8/14/05) . We are a family of 5 adults and a 3 month old. We stayed in 1 spacious corner suite with a lovely sitting area and 1 double room both beautifully decorated with views of the Bosphorus sea. The staff spoke english very well and each person (from the front desk to housekeeping to management) went out of their way to accommodate our needs they even sterlized our baby's bottles every day which is a godsend when your travelling with a baby.

The rooms were both ample sizes. Our double room had a bed that would be considered a king-sized bed in America. The corner suite was a triple with a sitting area with 2 chairs and a table. Both rooms were decorated with nice antique wood furnishings, beautiful armoires, etc... The entire hotel is decorated in an antique Ottoman style that is very beautiful and tastefully done, even the elevator.

Deniz the owner is always around. He's a wealth of information on where to eat and what to see. He speaks excellent english and also knew alot of info about other areas in Turkey. Deniz has trained his staff well. The front desk staff are great and very helpful with recommending local places to eat, making reservations and also arranging transportation. Housekeeping is excellent, each day we came back to the hotel, our rooms were spotless.

Our favorite part of staying at the Dersaadet was it's location which is in a cute neighborhood behind the Blue Mosque (less than 5 minutes walk) that has good restaurants and shops and a very local feel -not touristy at all and off the beaten path yet so close to everything you'd want to see. The Arasta Bazaar is right up the street from the hotel with many cute shops, it was a much better shopping experience with a baby than the Grand Bazaar which is way too hot in August. Also, it's a short walk to the waterfront for a stroll at night along the seaside.

Breakfast on the roof terrace was lovely. It has a panoramic view of the city you can see the blue mosque and the sea. Breakfast was great. They serve a typical Turkish Breakfast with fresh veggies and fruits, breads and cheese, yogurt, cereals, a homemade cakes which was a nice touch, cherry juice and orange juice and tea and coffee.

We hightly recommend staying at the Dersaadet Hotel and can't wait to return. Istanbul is such a beautiful city. Make sure to take a cruise down the Bosphorus sea from Eminonu (around 10 lira) to really get a sense of how amazing Istanbul really is.

The Dersaadet HotelThe Dersaadet Hotel

hotel in sultanahmet

by colettekiddman

hi there,i stayed several times in istanbul,once in sarikonak,twice in hippodrome hotel.i really enjoyed both but time to experience another hotel,are there any suggestions for sultanahmet hotels,thanks in advance..

by chauncenetta

I would recommend Hotel Peninsula or Hanedan Hotel. Both very nice, reasonable priced, clean and tidy with a perfect location. Also, the breakfast is superb.

by Simonyet

I have a friend staying at the Dersaadet Hotel and I have read some amazing reviews on other travel websites about this particular Hotel. Try putting Dersaadet Hotel in a Goggle search and read what you find. I believe it is in the same mode as Sari Konak, boutique hotel. This is their website :http://www.hoteldersaadet.com/

I have booked a Deluxe Room at Sari Konak and I hope it meets my expectations, certainly Mr Umit has been very kind in his correspondence.

by Simonyet

I found this great hotel listing on Lets Go Istanbul. Under the hotel class "Special" you will find 4 pages of Hotels to choose from.

by mukedo_75

Check out side hotel in Sultanahmet, superb location fixed rates friendly staff.

RE: RE: hotel in sultanahmet

by throwtoy

we stayed at Sultans Inn which we thought was very nice. they also have a sister hotel called Naz Wooden house which was very nice as well. Take a look at those. they're close distance to the Blue Mosque, Citern, everything in the area.

D

by imgrafixshelley

I stayed at the Empress Zoe...twice...and it's a charming place. The employees friendly. I would stay there again.

Comments