Erguvan Hotel Istanbul

Orbitz.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Costs 88% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Twareg's Profile Photo

Istanbul Hotel

My first trip to Istanbul and hopefully not my last. I stayed at the Hotel Erguvan and was given a very warm welcome on arrival. The room was on the small side but was adequate for my four day stay and very clean. The location was good for all the major sights. Breakfast was a selection of cereals, fruit, cheeses, meats and lovely fresh bread always, tea, coffee and juices, also has great views from the terrace. Reception were very helpful with maps and advice.

I would certainly stay at this hotel again and recommend it to others,

Unique Quality: Fabulous views, especially The Blue Mosque at night from the Terrace. 5 minute stroll to the Hippodrome and Blue Mosque.

Directions: Near Hippodrome and the Blue Mosque - Sultanahmet.

More about Erguvan Hotel Istanbul

Paradise Flowers

by Lion_Beat

If you are lucky to be in Istanbul in first weeks of May you'll be able to see one of the most beutiful flowers.
It's actually a tree that make a grape of purple colour flowers called ERGUVAN in Turkish. Streets in 'Erguvan' look really impresive!

Concur with all the other good reviews

by TripAdvisor Member idahosail

Just a quick concurrence of the good reviews for people checking on the Erguvan Hotel in Istanbul. Its in a great location and the staff is very friendly and helpful.

Thought it was Great.

by TripAdvisor Member vinny77

The hotel is in a great location (although there's lots in the same general locale). But the people are extraordinarily nice, they have a beautiful balcony setting on the roof for breakfast, they even have the businesspersons' best friend (wireless internet). The staff helped me plan walking excursions, book a group tour, and get me to a Turkish bath which was a bizarre experience in itself. I was traveling between London and Israel and had a free long weekend and am very glad I stopped through Istanbul and stayed at the Erguvan hotel.

Great Place to Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Frequentdiner1955

The Erguvan Hotel is a great place to stay in Istanbul. The old city location is convenient to major sites and restaurants. The rooms are large and comfortable and extremely clean. The Bulgarian cleaning ladies are the best. The staff was helpful in reserving tours, suggesting places to eat and getting rid of persistent rug sellers. The breakfast was always wonderful, great fresh vegetables, yogurt, breads and juices. I highly recommend the Erguvan to anyone who is looking for a boutique style hotel in a great Istanbul location.

Nice experience

by TripAdvisor Member dkillian

I found the Erguvan Hotel an excellent experience. Staff were incredibly nice and helpful, and the hotel was simply but tastefully decorated. Definitely plan to stay here again. I have stayed at three hotels in Sultanahmet (Nena and Accura the other two). All three were fine, but I will be choosing Erguvan for my next visit (though Nena a close second).

GREAT location, WONDERFUL staff!

by TripAdvisor Member WorldTraveler526

I just returned from staying at the Erguvan Hotel from June 22nd-25th. The rooms are very basic European hotel rooms, but very clean. The bathroom was small, but also very clean and the shower felt really nice after long, hot days exploring Istanbul. The hotel is in a GREAT location right next to all the most popular tourist attractions. There is also a computer in the hotel lobby with free internet. The reception at the hotel is absolutely WONDERFUL, and really made our stay in Istanbul a pleasurable one. They also provided a shuttle service to the airport (and I believe they also provide a service from the airport) for 24 TYL which is equivalent to 8 pounds--much better than the taxi ride we took to the airport which was 35 TYL (I think the taxi driver took us for a ride).

Overall, I would say the Erguvan Hotel is the perfect place for a wonderful vacation in Istanbul for budget travelers, students, and tourists looking for a great hotel for a great price! Would definitely stay here again if I were on a strict budget.

Nice stay

We stayed at the Erguvan on the return leg of our Turkey trip. We were tentative at first as we walked into the opressively smokey lobby, but when we got into our room, we were delighted with the accommodations. The hotel is located quite close to the Blue Mosque, however, the neighborhood deteriorates some as you go in the opposite direction of the tourist sites. The hotel puts out a nice buffet of simple breakfast fare each morning. Another nice perk was the computer that they make available to guests. Perfect for sending out that quick e-mail to family back home!
All in all, I would recommend the Erguvan. The hotel was a good value, comfortable and near the sites I wanted to see. What more could you ask for?

MY CITY, ISTANBUL

by cintemani

"ISTANBUL"

Istanbul is my birthplace and I live in this beautiful city for over 31 years.
I don't know if there is another such a big and complicated city like Istanbul on the world ! As everyone says East and West meets in Istanbul .... You can observe the influences of East and West on its citizens, culture and history. Istanbul is founded on two continents Europe and Asia... the only city on the world settled on two continents...
Bosphorus, the sea way which joins the two inner seas Black Sea and Marmara Sea, has beautiful scenes every season of the year... On the shores of the Bosphorus you would view the old Ottoman wooden mansions, Ottoman Palaces and castles. There are two bridges over the Bosphorus which are connecting the Asian side to the European side. I f you are visiting Istanbul during May I would suggest you to take a local ferry trip up to the end of the Bosphorus view these pretty buildings and the awakening nature with pinks, greens and the famous purple coloured trees named erguvan (judas tree) which are special to Istanbul and the Bosphorus.

ErguvanErguvan

st nicholas parc,hisaronu, and early may weather

by multi123

Please could anyone tell me what the st nicholas park apartments are like in hisaronu as we have booked there.Heard good reports-but you never know!Been to hisaronu before-loved it-but not these aparts.Is it as bad as some people say walking up the big hill to it or are they just whinging?Also we are going on 2nd may.Will weather be good ?Can anyone tell me current weather as forecasts seem to vary loads and can only get fethiye weather.Cheers!

RE: st nicholas parc,hisaronu, and early may weather

by ersavas

I can just guess in early may, we would have a superb weather here around 20Cs.

RE: RE: st nicholas parc,hisaronu, and early may weather

by multi123

Thanx ersavas!

RE: st nicholas parc,hisaronu, and early may weather

by AlperIst

Hi,

May is the best time in Istanbul, don't worry. It will be between 17 and 23 degree, broadly estimating. "Erguvan"s are very special plants in Bosphorus which makes the sides of the water purple for two weeks. Enjoy it.

Alper.