Ishakpasa Yenisarachane sk. No:4 Sultanahmet, Istanbul, 34122, Turkey

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

• Great and Very Silent Place to Stay

a very new hotel. very near to grande museums and sophia dome. sea is very near to hotel. we enjoy walking in seaside with the nice sun. staff is very warmy and excited to hostipality.terace has nice view, we had nice turkish wine and coffee. i advise this hotel and stay there next time. ask for sea view rooms.

Unique Quality: you sellect the aroma to be put in your room. lavander was great to have when you enter your room. free of charge
    they also let you call international number from lobby phone as free of charge. great to talk to mummy everynight from istanbul as free of charge

• A Superb Location and Great Rooms

The hotel is right in the centre of istambul sultanahmet mosque blue area. old city. We went everywhere by walking. Old city cultural sights are very close to the hotel. The room was very nice and colorfull decorated. The staff was extraordinary helpful. They are good in English to discuss the details of the important events and monuments in Istanbul. The rate was included with breakfast. We liked the Hotel very much and planning to stay there again for my business travel in March

• best hotel in old city istanbul

Esans hotel is very centrally located new hotel. Minutes walking to saint sophia and topkapi museum. Very handy location however hotel street is very silent. We slept with windows open.rooms are very clean and large comparing to my previous experiences in oldtown istanbul.very friendly staff very hospatile with good information about istanbul.definitely recommended

• Excellent House in Old Town Istanbul

Esans Hotel, they describe themselves as Traditional Modern Receiving House. They are the most friendly staff I have ever seen in Hotels that I have been. It is a family managed Hotel with taking care of their customers very much. Providing good Hints for your travel including touristic places as well as non popular but ethnical concerts, events... We have been a nice Turkish etnical concert and dervish ceromony by this chance. Really amusing performences. The rooms have different colors in the Hotel. We need to change room during our stay due to unavaibility, however it was nice since we tasted totally different colors, authentic atmosphere. The hotel is clean and breakfast was nice. I left my belt in the room, after 2 days they sent me an email. Great service, I would recommend it for sure.

• The Best In Istanbul Old City

It was my first time in Istanbul Old City. We found Esans Hotel in reviews here and was wondering about it till the last moment. It definitely made us satistied. A great location. It is at the foot of Topkapi Palace and Hagia Sophia. The staff really do their utmost to make you feel at Home. Even my sickness a bit restricted us, the staff kept their eye on us and supplied us some medicines and herbal tea for my throat. They treat like we are one of their relatives. It is very important to understand real Culture instead of touristic attractions. The room was very spacious, nice and clean. We suggest it definitely.

• A good place to rest and visit the city

I like spending time on the old city istanbul during my business trips. Esans Hotel is like a secret place in Istanbul old city and a next door neighbour to the Topkapi Palace. The staff has very friendly and hospital in treatment. Well, the hotel has well welcoming atmosphere, which really surrounds you in a glance as you enter the very well restored old building. The location made it extremely easy to walk to all of the old city important sights like the St. Sophia church and Sultanahmet. Staff also advise me some nice advanced sights to see in the old city, like old book seller bazaar saaflar and chora museum. That was something I coluld never have checked, without local advise. The rooms are very nice decorated with colourful textiles giving a nice and comfortable sleep. The breakfast was nice also. Not a 5 -3 star hotel breakfast ok, but it was nice to have some local kinds of mezes and hot plates and fresh orange juice. It was also so kind of the staff to let me check in early in the morning without asking any extracost. I could say I'm really highly satisfied with an even short 4 days stay and I'm definitely planning to come with my friends, enjoy Istanbul on a much longer opportunity.

• A real homey athmosphere

After all the years that we have been coming to Istanbul, we were very pleasantly surprised to find a quiet (!)corner of Sultanahmet, not twohundred metres from the Topkapi entrance, in a charming old building with great, clean rooms, a relaxed atmosphere, a very hospitable young couple running the place...we will be back! we recommend it highly

Unique Quality: great view of ocean on top rooms and terrace. they have different old turkish essences presented in the loby and in the rooms if you like. you can buy a gift of old turkish essence as gift on the way back.

Directions: walking from topkapi palace towards to sea, take the fourth right

More about Istanbul

inner entranceinner entrance

Cats of The StreetsCats of The Streets

Sunset over the sea and across IstanbulSunset over the sea and across Istanbul

Hydrangea's at the Blue MosqueHydrangea's at the Blue Mosque

taxi from sirkeci train station to ataturk airport

by terente

hey guys. I'll be arriving in sirkeci station with lots of baggage and need to get to the ataturk airport.
I know the taxis must have their taximetrs running, but how do I make sure they take me straight to the airport and not give me the city tour?

what is the normal route from sirkeci to ataturk airpot by car?

thanks

by Gipsydolphin

Hi,

Better to take "Sahil Yolu"(sea side and reach Sirkeci by sea road.

Around 20 Euros.

GD

by terente

thanks. that's helpful.
any chance they tell me Sahil Yolu is closed? should I keep looking for a driver that'll take me that way?

by Tuna_ank

It is a good advice. Otherwise you can't understand roads.
You must also check if taksimeter is writing "day" or"night" . Because night schedule is more expensive. Day=Gündüz (GUNDUZ) Night=GECE
Have a good trip.

by Penelope4

Am currently having a short break now in Istanbul. I find the taxis reliable. Even if the driver takes a detour, you'll love the scenery - the sea, the buildings, the streets. Just enjoy it. 20 Euros worth it! Safe travels!

Travel Tips for Istanbul

Is it safe to drink tap water?

by June.b

Stick to bottled water. Some people will tell you, tap water is safe to drink, well, true if you will only use it for coffee and tea as a boiled water. But generally – as raw - may not be comfortable to someone who got used to bottled water – either distilled or mineral.

Shoes off!!!

by SirRichard

When entering a mosque you have to cover your head (women), wear long sleeves (arms and legs) and take off your shoes. Is a very pleasant sensation to walk barefeet on the marble on a hot summer day.

and while you're at Inonu Stadium......

by Lunamagica

...I recommend you take a look at the BESIKTAS football club museum, located within the Inonu Stadium itself.... it's small, but it gives you plenty of information on the history of this GREAT football club.... and ....it also tells you why BESIKTAS is the only football club in Turkey that is allowed to show the emblem of the Turkish flag on their shirts, hats, and scarves. Go see it! Entrance is free!

The Spice Bazaar

by Paul2001

Although not as famous as the Grand Bazaar, the Spice Bazaar is also well worth visiting. At onetime you could get spices from all over the globe here. However since the days tourists began flocking to Istanbul, the bazaar is more of a tourist mecca. It is right beside the Yeni mosque and you can hang out here while waiting to get into the mosque after prayer time as I did.
The bazaar was built in the early 17th century. It would be a place where the locals came to socialize and trade after they left the mosque prayers.
The Spice Bazaar is located in the Eminonu section, right on the Golden Horn. It is also very close to the cruiseboat docks which is why I visited just before I hoped onto a Bosphorus cruiseboat. The Spice Bazaar is open from 8:30am to 6:30pm from Monday to Saturday.

"Metrocity"shopping mall

by hokomoko

Metro city one of newest shopping malls of Istanbul you can buy whatewer you need from here very good atmosphere and easy to get by the metro take the metro and get out in the Levent station you will see metrocity directions. specially electronic goods and clothing and many other goods ....

Comments