Faros Hotel Istanbul

Faros Hotel Sultanahmet
Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Safety Alert For Unaccompanied Female Travelers

The Faros Hotel is conveniently located on the Tram line and directly across from central attractions such as the Blue Mosque. The staff of the Faros are friendly and attentive with ready advice on local attractions and dinner recommendations. Females traveling without male escort should take care when travelling to Turkey; a tour group might be more enjoyable. Additionally, while staying at the Faros, someone attempted to gain access to our room in the middle of the night: whether staff or management we know not. Luckily, the chain was on, but unaccompanied female travelers are little more than prey in Istanbul and unfortunately, this extended into the hotel as well. Women beware.

Unique Quality: Conveniently located on the Tram line and directly across from central attractions such as the Blue Mosque.

Directions: Sultanahmet

More about Faros Hotel Istanbul

Perfect hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Angie37

We stayed at the Faros Hotel for 5 days. We loved it. The staff was very gentle and always helpful concerning tips about the city. The location was perfect. The hotel was very close to the most important monuments as The Blue Mosque, Aya Sophia, Topikapi and Grand Bazar. The tramway was right in front of the hotel. The breakfast was good with typical food. There was a very nice restaurant at the hotel where we had dinner twice and we could watch the finals of the Soccer
America Cup. The rooms at the penthouse were small, but they had a view of the Bosphorous and a balcony. We moved to a bigger room at the 3rd floor.

Surprising Istanbul

by TripAdvisor Member AspiringFTtraveller

We stayed 4 nights at Faros Hotel and enjoyed every moment. The customer service was beyond expectation even at 2.00am when we checked in the desk clerk was welcoming and helpful. The bar staff were truly friendly, fun and sincerely interested in our impressions of Istanbul and sharing their local sweets and tea! I hope it won’t be long between stays for us, we would love to come back soon.

Great location, & fantastic staff - Australia

by TripAdvisor Member byos

We stayed here for nites with our 4 year old daughter. The room was fantastic. very clean and modern!!! we loved the lcd tv!!! the location was perfect for site seeing, within walking distance to top attractions and lots of variety for places to eat. the breakfast is outstanding!! We found the staff very helpful and friendly!! they went out of there way to ensure we were happy and satisfied. we certainly want to visit istanbul again and are looking forward to returning to the Faros Hotel!!

Perfect in every way

by TripAdvisor Member Kevin_Crosbie

I stayed for 6 days at this hotel and was pleasantly surprised to find it right in the center of the historic center of Istanbul. The area is great, it's surrounded by great restaurants, is 2 minutes from the Santa Sophia Mosque and the Blue Mosque, Turkish Baths, has a tram line running in front, is in walking distance of the wharf...

I was a little worried at first, going to the historical district, I figured that the hotel might be old, but it is very new. The style is quite modern and the beds are very comfortable. The room I stayed in was perfect for my girlfriend and I. If you want a room with a balcony, there are six on the top floor (Ask for 401, it is the best!).

Best of all were the staff. I've never met such friendly people at a hotel. They went out of their way to make sure that we were comfortable and that everything was fine.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member bonamak20

I just got back from Istanbul and stayed at Hotel Faros for 4 nights. I had done extensive research on geting a nice hotel with a good location and it was just that. The room was extremely clean and modern. It was a good size too, but the shower was so tiny (I expected that since it's Eurpope). We had a nice balcony that overlooked the main road. The location was the best part of the hotel; it just couldn't be beat. It was about a 15 min walk to every major sight and was on a main street with lots to see. I recommend doing the tours they provide through the hotel but be careful because all the major sights are closed on one day or another so the best thing to do is mix and choose the tours (do half days of each and mix and match) in order to be able to see everything and get your full moneys worth. I only knew this b/c I had done the research for this, otherwise I would've missed out on some attractions. Also, if you do 2 days of tours they'll probably give you a little discount.

The inlcluded breakfast was good. It was the same food everyday, but it was good and fresh and kept us full until lunch. They had lots of cheese (feta), tomatoes, cereal, tea, coffee, scrambled eggs, croissants, dried fruit, watermelon.

The Zar restaurant the hotel recommends has good entertainment but food is not that great.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

Loved the Faros

by TripAdvisor Member chilloutkoala

We can not say enough about this hotel. We arrived early in the morning (6.30am), expecting to have to wait for our room, but they let us book in early and upgraded us to a better room, very grateful weary travellers (thanks Serkan).
The buffet breakfast was wonderful, and Arkan the restaurant supervisor, was absolutely terrific. He was always on the ball, ready to get you another tea or coffee, he was fantastic, WELL DONE.
The location of this hotel is perfect. It is located in the older part of Istanbul. You don't have to walk anymore than a block to any of the big attractions: The Blue Mosque, Sofia, The Basilica Cistern, The Grand Bazaar, Topkapi Palace, Turkish Bathhouses etc. and if you are going further afield, the tram runs straight past the front door of the Faros.

Average Hotel with a great location

by TripAdvisor Member ADJTexas

You cannot beat the location. It is walking distance to the major sites and the grand bazaar. The hotel itself is very small and so are the rooms. I would rate this as an average hotel with a great location.

Nice space

by TripAdvisor Member myperuvian

I stayed here for three nights in September, 2007. I thought it was a great hotel, especially for the price. One night was free, through credit card rewards, and the other two nights were $140/night. For this price, we got a beautiful and HUGE room with a separate sitting area, french doors opening onto the main street, an LG Plasma television, and a huge bathroom, and a good free (well, included) breakfast. I would go 5 stars, but it's a small property so it does not have all the amenities everyone would want.

The location can be great, 5 minute walk to all the major tourist sites (Aya Sofia, Blue Mosque, Grand Bazaar). It's true that the liveliest parts of town (Taksim Square) with all the shops, bars, restaurants, etc. are 2-3km away, so if that' s what you need to be close to, be advised. Fret not, for the tram stops right in front and will take you close to Taksim square with ease. Traffic being horrendous in Istanbul, we opted to walk and enjoy the sites of this wonderful city.

Good base in Sultanahmet for travellers in Istanbul

by TripAdvisor Member ARDNAHOE

The main attraction for this central hotel is its walking proximity to the main sights of Istanbul's historic Sultanahmet district. Given traffic gridlock is the order of the day across this mega-city that is a BIG attraction. If you want swimming pool, copious room service and every business and luxury frill this will not be for you. But should you wish a clean, comfortable bed in a recently re-furbished A/C room with an ensuite shower and WC, give it your consideration. Rooms are kind of 60s retro -not sure if that was the intention or it just happened. My third floor room and its bathroom both looked onto internal light wells. I was only in the room at night or for a nap midday so it was not an issue - indeed (back to the traffic) it had the big plus that on the major road leading from the Blue Mosque in the middle of Ramadan I was not disturbed once by noise. Breakfast is served buffet style and you surely would get bored of it were you here for more than a few days. But it is adequate and the staff are friendly - the OJ is clearly bought in bulk from discount suppliers and the coffee included in the tariff is errrrmm yeeeuch but pick up your own premium juice and store it in your room fridge and pay a supplement for your expresso and all is well. A small price to pay for location. The city tram passes the door -many tourists seem reluctant to use it yet it will scoot you down to the ferry boats in minutes for 1.3 Turkish Lira. It can be VERY cramped in rush hour so avoid luggage then but it has AC so you are not overcome. Front desk and entry are a bit off-putting but the guys behind the desk are helpful be it laundry, taxis or in this writer's case a mobile phone left in a departing cab but quickly retrieved.

Comments