3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Sultanahmet Mah.Amiral Taftil Sok. No: 37 Sultanahmet, Istanbul, 34122, Turkey
Orbitz.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Costs 73% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Ferman Hotel

Very pleasant albeit slightly overpriced property

by TripAdvisor Member TravellerRus

We spent 3 nights at Ferman Hotel and absolutely loved it - nicely located, clean, large room with the great view (406) attentive and welcoming staff who do not try to rip you off. We will most likely chose it again for our next triup to Istanbul.

Adequate hotel in good location suffers from avoidable weaknesses

by TripAdvisor Member ChristpherO

Pros: Location; clean, modern rooms; comfortable beds; friendly staff (check cons)

Cons: temporarily broken elevator, card keys, room safe, computer system, hallway lights (during course of four-night stay); Rooftop deck still under construction and not accessible in early April, 2009; overall construction quality was slipshod (a detail I don't normally notice, but in this case did); staff, though friendly, usually wasn't helpful.

This small hotel is in the shadow of Hagia Sofia and the Blue Mosque and is a short walk from the Grand Bazaar. Proximity to a major tram line makes access to other parts of Istanbul relatively easy. Our room was clean, comfortable and safe. However, over the course of four nights, our stay was marred by several glitches: a broken elevator, a broken computer system, a broken room safe, two broken room keys, broken motion-activated hallway lights, a broken coffee machine at breakfast, along with incomplete and often slipshod construction.

Staff was friendly but struggled to give helpful or accurate advice (directions, restaurant recommendations, confirming Bosphorous tour schedules, etc.)

Breakfast was served in a windowless basement room and consisted of edible but drab food, such as mini sausages, corn flakes and hardboiled eggs.

Any of these minor inconveniences, taken alone, isn't worth mentioning, but taken together our mood at Ferman Hotel fluctuated between frustration and resigned amusement. In the end, I don't think it was worth the price, especially since there are several comparable hotels packed into the same cozy neighborhood that might offer a better experience for the same cost. It's worth shopping around, and if Ferman Hotel offers the best price, at least know your room will be clean. But don't expect other frills.

Also, once the rooftop deck is complete, this hotel will gain a much-needed asset, because the deck should have wonderful views of both Hagia Sofia, the Blue Mosque and the water. Breakfast, I hope, will then be moved from the slightly depressing basement onto the deck.

To conclude, I think owners rushed the opening of this hotel, trying to get paying customers into rooms before construction and quality standards were under control. As a result, it's a little shabby and poorly run. I don't think it will physically age well, which is a problem since they seem to be aiming for the modern boutique hotel vibe. The reality is more like a slapped-together theatrical stage set posing as a modern boutique hotel.

Great location, good amenities, helpful staff

by TripAdvisor Member MikeW2008

Spent 2 nights at the Ferman Hotel last weekend (20-22 March) on a weekend trip for a group of 4 friends in Istanbul having booked a very reasonable rate at Hotels.co.uk. During pre-trip research, it quickly becomes clear that all hotels in the old city of Istanbul are supposedly within 200m of the Blue Mosque and 4* rated, but the Ferman Hotel certainly lived up to expectations and the depictions on its website.

The hotel is centrally located in the old part of the city, with all of Sultanhamet's attractions within an easy walk away. On the first night, we were allocated a standard room (as booked) but also an upgraded room (406) that had magnificent views of the Blue Mosque.

One of the party celebrated a birthday on the second day of our stay - a bottle of wine and a handwritten card with birthday wishes was placed in the room, along with the promise of a further upgrade to put the two rooms together which was complete by the time we returned in the evening. These types of personal touch really are rare, even in smaller properties.

Rooms themselves are comfortable, clean and have good amenities - flat screen television, comfortable king size bed and effective air-conditioning/heating controls. Breakfast was a light continental-style buffet, but perfectly adequate.

At every opportunity, the staff at the Ferman Hotel were friendly and accomodating. I would recommend to any of my family and friends, and would definately consider again for any future trips to Istanbul.

Loved every minute of it

by TripAdvisor Member semih

Such a friendly employees, great interior design ,feels like i am in the palace.
great location heart of the istanbul, walking distance to attractions.
reasonable price . i highly recommend to stay here during your visit in Istanbul.you will not regret...

perfect in every aspect

by TripAdvisor Member happyhappyfeet

the location, cleanliness, staff, the food everything was great, it takes only 2 minutes to go to Sultan Ahmet and orher historical places. If you have any problems or questions they try to solve immediately. I recommend this hotel to everyone it is like a 4 stars hotel.

The best hotel I have ever stayed :)

by TripAdvisor Member iwonex

This hotel is nothing less than awesome. If you're looking for a hotel that is truly unique, this is your place. It was very good by any standards. The rooms were clean and cosy.
I had no problems with my facilities. The service was beyond outstanding and the staff treats everyone like family. Everyone is a VIP at this hotel.
Thank you for the wonderful stay.

Everything perfect

by TripAdvisor Member KSKSS

Heartful service made my excursion in Istanbul more fruitful.
Room is very clean and also very gorgeous Just one disadvantage is WIFI network is very weak in my room (but no problem to access the internet).
I feel that service and facility of this hotel is one of the best that I have ever been experienced.

Excellent.

by TripAdvisor Member jinjawitch

Ferman's provided a perfect refuge from hectic Istanbul. Our room was close to the lobby and we were initially worried about noise transference - but we needn't have. The room was beautiful and we slept really well. It is a comfortable hotel in a great location. The staff will really go out of their way to help, and we felt that they genuinely cared whether we had a good time or not. I would definitely recommend this hotel and I would stay there again.

Too many kinks in just a few short days

by TripAdvisor Member Jessica_Sz

Upon first impression, my husband and I were both very impressed. It seemed to be the new, modern boutique hotel we saw online. While checking in, we were told that we were upgraded to a top floor suite courtesy of the hotel--fantastic. As we settled in, the small "kinks" made themselves apparent.

*Immediately had problems with the safe and needed assistance from reception to open and close it.
*Our balcony with views of the Marmara sea was fantastic, but also gave (as noted elsewhere) to a rather noisy track and lacked chairs. We had to bother reception again to get some chairs to sit outside and enjoy the view.
*Breakfast was served in the basement and was basic at best. Hopefully they'll get a roofdeck up and running soon as it really leaves them at a disadvantage over other hotels in the area.
*Reception, albeit VERY friendly, I'm afraid were not terribly helpful. When we asked about reservations to Mikla (one of the city's most famous restaurants), we were slighty dismissed and told them they had never heard of it, and they could recommend someplace closer by (brochure was at the ready in the drawer). They still called, but I got the impression that they weren't happy about it. Later when we asked if there was public transportation to get to Beyoglu, we were told it was very complicated (please note, you take a tram and then transfer to a funicular--not complicated at all)
*My husband said it best when he described the hotel as a stage set. Everything is staged quite well, but it's not exactly quality.
*When we asked reception about the public sight seeing ferry, we were initially told they left "every 30 minutes, maybe every hour". When I pushed further (I knew this couldn't be true), they looked into it more and told us there were two--one at 10:35, one at 1:35. There was actually just one as we learned when we showed up at noon to be there in plenty of time for the 1:35.
*Consistent key problems--several times our card would stop working and we would have to go back down for a new one
*Our last day the elevator broke around 2pm. While we were originally excited to be on a top floor suite, we regretted it a bit as the elevator still wasn't fixed by the time we checked out early the next morning.

I get the impression that this hotel as a great deal of potential. The people who work there are truly nice and the location is, in fact, great. We had no problems with calls to prayer waking us up and admittedly the bed was quite comfortable. I believe the hotel opened too early and didn't finish things up to do a proper open. You can tell finishing touches were put on to facilitate a faster opening--you can see the knicks in the paint jobs for where furniture and tools have hit up against it as they continue to do work in the hotel. Even just smaller touches like toiletries in the bathroom would make a huge difference. When you're paying 165 euro a night, you expect basic things and I'm afraid that my bottom line conclusion is that for the price though, you could do better (Sari Konak is right around the corner, Yesil Ev right next to the Hagia Sophia).

Perhaps in a few months when they hit their stride it'll be different, or if they decide to price lower instead. Until then though, as much as I wanted to love this hotel (I was so impressed with my communication with them before my arrival), I have to advise that you explore all your options and understand its limitations before booking.

FERMAN HOTEL ISTANBUL

by FERMAN74

"FERMAN HOTEL SULTANAHMET - ISTANBUL"

FERMAN Hotel is a new s.class boutique hotel at the central of the historical peninsula ( Sultanahmet ) Which commenced operation this year. The property has 24 tastefully furnished rooms in combination of the ottoman and modern style with the all facilities and amenities. The Ferman Hotel is located with in walking distance to all historical sights such as St. Sophia, Blue Mosque, Grand Covered Bazaar, Cistern, Topkapý Palace and the rest of them because we are at the heart of the Sultanahmet Peninsula. We offering superior comfort and quality; all bedrooms with en-suite bath, fitted overhead shower and WC.The hotel will have spacious and very well appointed public areas and will put a strong emphasis on food and drink.
Ferman Hotel's flawless design is inherent in its 2 King’s rooms (Marmara sea view), 2 Penthouse room ( Sultanahmet view) , 3 Junior suits (Marmara sea view), 6 Sultan’s room ( Sultanahmet view). 6 Ocean room (Marmara sea view) and 7 Ferman’s room ( City view), Apart from 24 rooms, The rooms at are a graceful blend of past and present, designed in the Ottoman style yet offering all the modern amenities.You can relieve yourself from daily stresses at Ferman Hotel - Sultanahmet's new face = Second hause in Ýstanbul
All rooms are equipped with electronic room key locks, air conditioning, minibar, satelite tv channel, 82 inc LCD tv, smoke dedector, safe in the rooms, direct dial telephoneat the room and bathroom, wireless internet accsess, private bathroom with shower or tube. Plus 24 hours room service. The rooms has sultanahmet view or marmara sea view Finaly the ferman hotels room has designed for the client's comforts.
The Ataturk International Airport is 17 minutes away by car.
Ferman Hotel is conveniently located for guests wishes to explore the old city Istanbul, Sultanahmet. The wonders of three empires surrounds it.

Rooms Type and Information:
Ferman’s Room:
The Ferman’s rooms are simple but charming The privilege of balconies make the room more attractive. They are double or twin-bedded The room has equiped LCD tv, satellite channel, air conditioning Minibar, Safe deposit box, direct phone, electronic room key sistem, smoke dedector, private bathroom with shower or tub and on the bathroom hair-dryer, phone

Sultan’s Room :
The Sultan’s room are looks directly Sultanahmet Mosque and St. Sophia namely The atmosphere of these pretty rooms make the feel good luck as the meaning. The rooms at are a graceful blend of past and present, designed in the Ottoman style yet offering all the modern amenities. They are double or twin-bedded The room has equiped LCD tv, satellite channel, air conditioning Minibar, Safe deposit box, direct phone, electronic room key sistem, smoke dedector, private bathroom with shower or tub and on the bathroom hair-dryer, phone. These rooms type have residential district in it sone or two chair, one sofa bed can get extra sofa bed and trestle except twin beded room. At the corners of them has small balcony

Ocean’s Room :
Ocean’s room are looks directly Marmara Sea, Princes Islands, Asian side namely you will fascinate from the view of the Marmara. These rooms are bigger then the other room type. The rooms at are a graceful blend of past and present, designed in the Ottoman style yet offering all the modern amenities. They are double or twin-bedded The room has equiped LCD tv, satellite channel, air conditioning Minibar, Safe deposit box, direct phone, electronic room key sistem, smoke dedector, private bathroom with shower or tub and on the bathroom hair-dryer, phone. These rooms type have residential district in it sone or two chair, one sofa bed can get extra sofa bed and trestle except twin beded room. At the corners of them has small balcony.
King Room ( Suit Room ):
King Rooms are at the top of building and biggest room at the Ferman Hotel. The privilege of balconies make the room more attractive. You can relieve yourself from daily stresses while you are taking your drink on the balcony. The view of the directly Marmara Sea, Princes Islands, Asian side and the Bosphorus. The rooms at are a graceful blend of past and present, designed in the Ottoman style yet offering all the modern amenities. They are double ( kingsize bed) The room has equiped LCD tv, satellite channel, air conditioning Minibar, Safe deposit box, direct phone, electronic room key sistem, smoke dedector, private bathroom with shower or tub and on the bathroom hair-dryer, phone. These rooms type have residential district in it sone or two chair, one sofa bed can get extra sofa bed and trestle

Disembarking from the Prince's Island FerryDisembarking from the Prince's Island Ferry

Intricate gilded trim (kalemisi) high on the wallsIntricate gilded trim (kalemisi) high on the walls

logologo

Sleeping quartersSleeping quarters

Hamam and day spa

by Penelope4

Are there some VT members out there who can recommend some Turkish baths and day spas? Thanks to the fora, I learned about the Cemberlitas Hamami which I will definitely visit. I will be in Istanbul from 21 to 28 of December. It will be my second visit but this time, I'd like to do more of relaxing than sightseeing. I'd be grateful for any tips. Kind regards, Penelope

Re: Hamam and day spa

by Martin_S.

Hi and shalom:
As you already said the Cemberlitas Hamam that I mentioned in another forum was well liked by the girls. It was a fun experience for them and they came back home wanting more of the same.
Martin

Re: Hamam and day spa

by Gipsydolphin

Hi,

Although Turkish had never Turkish bath.

However my guests enjoy Galatasaray Hamami (behin d Galatasaray High School on istiklal street).

Agree price and tip before going in.

The best Spa I know around is Richmond Sapanca (near beautifull like 100 km from Ist)

Enjoy your stay