Golden Age 1 Hotel

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 36% lower than similarly priced 4 star hotels

• HebaM's Profile Photo

Another bad Management

After my unpleasant stay at Riva Hotel and Crystal Hotel, I decided to pick another one hoping for a nice one this time, and because i was traveling in a package my choices regarding hotels were very limited, especially at Taksim Square so I decided to to pick Golden Age 1! I've been told that Crystal Hotel , Leon Hotel and Golden Age Hotel are run by the same management and they all close to each others.
    The hotel is huge unlike Crystal but very old , it was off season so they gave me a triple room at the 6th floor after I refused to take the single room they gave me at first, it was a spacious room but old and dark with a small bathroom and it's not only small but dirty with molds covering the bathtub. the bed was OK but the carpet was very dirty. the receptionist at the morning shift was very rude more like a prison warden, she shushed me when I asked her about directions and I wasn't the only one who was badly treated by her, it was the same with everyone but I didn't had any problems with the other receptionists actually they were quite helpful.
    While I was at my room I found The cleaning guy entering without any permission or knocking and his excuse that he wanted to put a clean towels in the bathroom which is weird because it was 3:00 AM!!!
    Location was great, there's a mini market next to the building, the breakfast buffet was good, The pool on the roof was very small.
    Pictures are very misleading...I'll never ever trust a brochure and I'll never going to stay at the so called Golden Age

Unique Quality: location

• Turkey's most awful stable

I, my mom, my brother and sister were there for 6 days. We had 2 rooms. In this hotel, AC starts working at 5:00 pm till 8:00 am. Can you believe that???
    In one of them, AC was not working. I referred to reception 6 times and asked them to fix it, but they did not care. At last, they somebody who could not fix it. Since the weather was so hot (in July) it was a real torture to stay at the hotel.
    The breakfast was horrible, you can not find something valuable to eat. Actually the quality just sucks.
    Whenever you go to reception, you will see people there that are complaining about hotel.
    AT LAST, IF YOU WANT TO RUIN YOUR TRIP TO TURKEY GO TO THIS HOTEL

• Thieving staff!

The hotel itself is okay - you get what you pay for. What really disappointed me and was completely unacceptable was the theft by the hotel staff. In a hurry to catch an early morning flight I left a few items behind in my room. There is no possibility they could be anywhere else. I called the hotel as soon as I got home. At first the receptionist claimed that the room had been empty all weekend and that no one had been booked into the hotel under my name. Then, when I spoke to the hotel manager, he said that there was nothing left behind in the room, because everything left behind was immediately brought to him by the hotel staff, and they hadn't brought him anything. I know it was my mistake to leave them behind, fine, but this is the sort of behavior that I expect from a scummy third world flea-pit, not the international business class hotel that the Golden Age is pretending to be. We even left a very large tip for the cleaners on the bedside table! I wonder what other tricks the staff in this place would play, given the opportunity. Definitely one to avoid at all costs!

• georgemona's Profile Photo

4**** Hotel in Taksim

We stayed for a complete week in Golden Age 1 hotel. It is perfectly located in Taksim Square. It is not in the square itself but just 2 minutes walking from the square. It is one of the many 4 stars hotels in this square like Crystal hotel, Grand Star hotel, Riva hotel, Marble hotel, Cartoon hotel.

Comments