Hanedan

Akbiyik Caddesi. Adliye Sok. No/3, Istanbul, 34122, Turkey

More about Hanedan

Lale Pension, Hanedan Hotel

by batgirl1001 about Lale Pension, Hanedan Hotel

Lale Pension is rated as Author's Preference in Lonely Planet Turkey 2005. We agree as the pension was a pleasant, clean place to stay. Warm in winter and a clean, working hot/cold shower area. Location-wise it is less than 8 mins walk from the bus otogar in a somewhat grubby street but the Lale Pension is good value for money. Offers lots of tours/activities to do in Egirdir. Fantastic seafood value meals, not to be ignored. Cost 30 YTL for Double Room with no breakfast, 40 YTL with breakfast with western options included.

Hanedan Hotel is our second choice and this hotel is included in the Lonely Planet guide. Rooms are done in yellow-tone and deep parquet flooring making it pleasant-looking. Rates in winter are 35 Euros for a double room, in summer much higher. Large bathroom with working hot/cold water showers. Heating. Discount of 10% if paid in cash. Need reservations. Traditional Turkish Breakfast Buffet. In Sultanahmet about 5 mins walk to Hagia Sophia. Only con is that we had to wake up the receptionist every morning for hot water to shower.

Wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member Marcita

I stayed in Hanedan hotel for 7 days and it was a wonderful choise.
My guide gave good references about the hotel and i could check all of then.
The first thing that i can mention is the localization. It is in the middle of the old istambul what make us spend just five minutes to be in the main attrations like Aya Sophia, Blue Mosque, Cistern. And for the great Grand Bazar just 10 minutes.
There are good restaurants very near and many facilçities like travel agencies supermarkets and stores to buy many gifts.
It is shelthering and well decorated. The rooms remember us a historical time of the otoman empirer and gave me all the conffort that i needed. Inside then we have private telephone, TV, air conditioner, fridge. The room and the bathroom is very clean. It is cleaned every day. The towel and clothes are changed daily.
The breakfast is really good. I can say that was the best one that i have tried in europe comparing with the other hotels of the same level. They offer you many varieties of fresh fruit, chesse, bread, juice and a special yogurt. And best thing is that you can eat with a wonderful overview to Mamara Sea, Aya Sopia and Blue Mosque.
All the staff is polite and tries to help you in everything that you need.
The staff and the services are wonderful. They also have many facilities to offer, but just if you request, like pick up service at airport and close trips around other parties of Turkey and city tour in istambul.
I can also say that it is like a dream with you considerer the price: they have a very good price to what they offer. I have payed for the single room just 35 euros per day for all of this!
If i return to Turkey i will not doubt to stay there again and indicate for all my frieds and parents.

Excellent location and value for money

by TripAdvisor Member DottIng

For our trip to Istanbul my parents and I booked (months in advance) a triple room at Hanedan hotel, in Adliye sokagi; location was excellent and we got a very cheap price (55€ - that is the double room rate - per night and free one-way transfer to airport); there are many other reasonably priced hotels on the same street (Alaturka, Alp, Peninsula and Sebnem), but Hanedan (and sister hotel Peninsula) did the best price (others asked for 75-80 €, and no free transfer); room, in the end, proved to be not really a triple, but a double with an added extra bed, so it was cramped (I don’t know if they have “real” triples or they always add the third bed to a double), but the bathroom was really large and walls were freshly painted; it would have been really nice for two people, but for the price we could not complain: I suppose that we didn’t get the best room as we had got a good discount; I'm quite sure there were larger rooms; windows were double-glazed, so it was very quiet (we never heard the call to prayer in the morning with the window shut!); as we already knew, there was no TV no fridge and no elevator (not recommended for people with mobility issues), but there was air-conditioning (which we never needed to turn on, though) and hair-dryer; room and bathroom’s cleanliness were quite satisfactory; we were changed towels every day, but I’m not sure if they ever changed bedsheets in six days (or how often). Staff was very polite and discreet; the young boys at front desk were in fact almost shy (?), but always pleasant; I appreciated that they never tried to sell us unrequested tours or anything, and were very helpful when requested.
Breakfast was really good (excellent fresh bread, fresh yogurt with homemade oranges or strawberry preserves, boiled eggs, butter, jam, honey, cheese, sausage, tomatoes, cucumbers, orange or cherry juices, tea, American coffee); roof-top terrace had a stunning view of AyaSofya, a good view of the Blue Mosque and a wonderful view of the Marmara sea and Anatolian side.
Not a fancy hotelling experience, but all in all an excellent value for money; it was good for our needs and certainly a bargain.

My Favourite Accommodation in Istanbul

by TripAdvisor Member LuLuMelbourne

In early August I spent two weeks in Istanbul. As a female travelling solo I was apprehensive due to concerns expressed by family and friends. However, on reflection my journey was fantastic and incredibly safe due to the wonderful nurturing nature of the Turkish people, and in particular, the staff at Hotel Hanedan and Hotel Peninsula.

The staff were professional and friendly at all times, especially on my arrival. I was provided with information on facilities and services to assist with settling into the hotel, the local area, and the wider city of Istanbul. They were generous with their time and expert knowledge of Turkey’s history and culture, and patience was always shown with all my requests. I was supported with assistance beyond my expectations.

My most difficult experience of a losing a card at the ATM machine was dealt with efficiently by staff, who provided access to all necessary services to achieve a prompt and stress free solution.

The rooms are charming, roomy with large windows and lots of light. Hotel services include a wonderful Turkish breakfast on the roof top terrace with great views of the Marmara Sea, which can be used any time of the day. The rooms are cleaned and supplied with fresh towels daily. The resident cat adds to the hotel’s charm and relaxed atmosphere - A home away from home.

The Hanedan and sister hotel Peninsula are located on a picturesque street with a variety of fabulous restaurants and excellent shops. They are walking distance to public transport, making getting around very easy to see the most beautiful and significant sites in Istanbul. As a solo traveller I always felt safe, and frequently wondered around the city way into the night. I highly recommend both hotels for accommodation and at least ten days in Istanbul to ensure the city is explored to its full potential.

Louise M

Great value, clean, friendly and helpful staff

by TripAdvisor Member deborahlibby

I recently spent 7 nights at the Hanedan, and as a solo female American traveler, felt extremely safe and comfortable in this hotel. My room, Troy, was on the bottom floor and was much nicer than expected for 35 Euros per night. The room, though simple, was tastefully decorated and included built in bookshelves, a few nightstands, and an armoire. The room and bathroom were exceptionally clean. Suleyman and the other staff members were always very friendly and helpful on giving me advice on nearby restaraunts, laundry facilities, and tips on using the public ferry, trams, etc. I love to walk, and the Hanedan was perfectly situated - maybe a 5 minute walk - near the main attractions in Sultanahmet - Blue Mosque, Aya Sofia, Topkapi Serayi, Arastaa Bazaar, and also close to the tram.

There were a few minor issues with the room, including a shower door that constantly came off, but nothing I felt I needed to complain about. The neighborhood was quiet and safe, with lots of great restaurants nearby. The rooftop terrace was amazing and on the mornings I was up and awake by 10 or 11 I was able to enjoy breakfast overlooking the Bosphorus and the Blue Mosque. Truly amazing.

On my 7th day at the Hanedan, the manager moved me to his other hotel across the street, the Hotel Peninsula, because of some noise generated from a construction/plumbing project in the room next to mine. This was really unfortunate, as my room at the Peninsula didn't compare to the Hanedan. Overall, the Hanedan was a great value for the money and I would definitely recommend it to anyone - solo female travelers especially - looking for a clean, safe place to stay in Istanbul.

Happy at the Hanedan

by TripAdvisor Member hanedan

Having enjoyed my first brief visit at the Hanedan so much I decided to return with my family for a full week.
The rooms are bright and clean and have a charm of their own, being named after Istanbul's past - we stayed in Byzantium. The roof area (half covered,half open) enabled us to enjoy spectacular views over the Sea of Marmara whilst we enjoyed the delicious breakfast on offer - all included in the price.
Management of the hotel was efficient, friendly and very helpful - when my daughter became ill and needed to go to Hospital, taxis were arranged and help given immediately.In fact,all the staff were unfailingly friendly and eager to please -they even tolerated my clumsy attempts at Turkish!
It's ideally situated in the heart of Sultanahmet with restaurants and major tourist attractions immediately to hand.
I wont be bothering to try the bigger, more expensive hotels next time - I'll be back at the Hanedan - a lovely place to stay.

Stay at Hanedan

by TripAdvisor Member dervishisty

After four nights in Istanbul at an Ottoman hotel across the street from the Hanedan, I decided to spend my final four nights somewhere much easier on my wallet. Lonely Planet has rated Hanedan well, so I walked across the street and asked if they had availability for a single. They did and at almost 3/4 less than what I had been spending for a double. (!!!) The room was spacious, clean, fairly quiet....perfect by me. (Voices carry in the hallway but it's not that big of a deal.) There was also air conditioning and a safe.

The rooftop deck was a beautiful spot to begin the day, munching over an okay breakfast, with a really friendly staff eager to keep the coffee mug filled and sharing smiles often.

My favorite part of the Hanedan was the gentleman at the front desk. With honest critiques of restaurants and places to see, he was incredibly helpful, even sharing where Turks actually go, not just cluess travelers in Sultanahmet. His English was quite good too.

I would stay at Hanedan again and heartily recommend it.

Great location, lovely staff

by TripAdvisor Member cd76London

The Hanedan is in a great location for exploring istanbul, the view from the roof terrace is great, Hagia Sophia one direction and the Marmaris the other, breakfast is fresh and tasty. The staff were attentive and helpful, it was very easy to book the hotel room over the internet and book cheap and convenient airport transfers. The rooms were clean and comfortable with attractive finishing touches, and the prices were very affordable.

good value

by TripAdvisor Member muwing

the best thing about the hotel is its friendliness and cleaness in room. I was travelling alone and have the room Troy for myself - I reckon the rooms upstairs might have much better view though. The aircon was a bit noisy and sometimes I woke up in the night and shut it off around 4am and openned the window instead. They have also very good value pick-up service from the airport and very competative price compared to small hotels/hostels just on the same street. The hotel's booked through out the summer so I will recommond some early planning if you instend to stay here or other similar small hotels in this area.

Not happy with Hanedan

by TripAdvisor Member baby10face10

Our experience with Hanedan was not good. We arrived in Istanbul at midnight, exhausted and looking forward to some much needed sleep. The hotel room was not what we expected at all. The room was so small, smaller than any other hotel we have stayed at in Europe. First, the air conditioning did not work. Second, the bed was horrible. The mattress must be extremely old as all the springs were coming out of the mattress. We tried our best to fall asleep and endure the springs gauging our ribs and back. After 2 hours I went downstairs to ask the man at the desk if there was another room we could get. He was very unhelpful and could care less about the problem. So, we stayed awake the entire night until the prayer call, when we showered and got ready to find another hotel. After we did, we came back to check out and there was now another man at the desk who insisted on getting us another room. However, after the horrible night I knew the other rooms would be the same. I also told him and his Manager about the room and they were quite cold and mad that we were checking out. I thought they would have at least been empathetic and apologize for the horrible bed ): We are young travellers and our expectations are not high, however, we do expect to have a somewhat comfortable bed and airconditioning that works, considering they advertise this on their website.

Harem tilesHarem tiles

The visible part at street levelThe visible part at street level

Waiting for tramWaiting for tram

THE YAGCI SEFIK BEY YALITHE YAGCI SEFIK BEY YALI

apricot or hanedan hotel?

by mani8kgm

Can anyone help me decide between the Apricot Hotel and the Hanedan.
Thanks!

RE: apricot or hanedan hotel?

by orangetree28

THEY ARE NOT WELL KNOWN HOTEL. GIVE DETAILS PLS

RE: apricot or hanedan hotel?

by Ratna_Desi

Hi,
I stayed at Apricot (sultanahmet area) Nov 2 years ago for 3 days, very nice place. 25 us/ night incl breakfast. sorry do not know about Hanedan.

Regards,

hanedan or alp hotel?

by mani8kgm

We are spending two nights in Istanbul- we're trying to chose between the Hanedan Hotel and Alp Hotel, both in Sultanahmet. Any one with recommendations?

RE: hanedan or alp hotel?

by worldinabag

Hi

We are booked in the Hanedan Hotel at the end of August. I don't know when you'll be going but we will be back towards the end of September so you can email me in this forum for feedback on the hotel. I chose them because for around E50 you get themed rooms, nice terrace and good location. My booking was handled promptly and courteously by them.

Happy travels

Small Hotel in Istanbul

by ShermLA

My wife and I will be in Istanbul for 5 days next September. We would appreciate recommendations for a small hotel (20 rooms or fewer), somewhere around 5-7 in a price range of 1-10. My son was there many years ago and stayed in a hotel with a lovely terrace on the second floor, with a view of the Bosporus, but he cannot remember the name. Thanks in advance for any help.

by brotherleelove

Check Barut's Majestic Hotel.

by worldinabag

Hi

We stayed at the Hanedan Hotel - http://www.hanedanhotel.com - which was fine. Try to get the Ottoman suite. Across the street was the Hotel Alp Guesthouse - http://www.alpguesthouse.com/the-hotel/. This is a lovely hotel for the money, renovated in the Ottoman style. It would be my pick should I return to Istanbul (fingers crossed). Both hotels have a terrace with lovely Bosphorous views and are in Sultanahmet which is handy for tourist sites.

by Tijavi

You may wish to check out my hotel tip, the one on Nena Hotel (not to be confused with Mina). Wish I get a commission from this, but unfortunately, no :)

Have fun in Istanbul.

by deren11

There is small boutique hotel with a good view and a friendly atmosphere in Sultanahmet District...Here is the web address of the hotel so, you can get more information on it:

Comments