Historia Hotel

Mimar Mehmet Aga Cad., Amiral Tafdil Sk. No:23 Sultanahmet, Istanbul, 34400, Turkey

Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 31% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Berurier's Profile Photo

Good place in Istanbul

The Historia Hotel is located between Blue Mosquee and the Marmara see. It's very well located.
    A small hotel, clean, our room was very large.
    The only inconvenient is that the train passes very near the hotel, but in fact we didn't hear it too much, because in fact we weren't often in the room, and because it's not very noisy.

I paid for this hotel 55 euros / night for a double room with breakfast.

Unique Quality: - Very nice place, in a street with old ottoman houses in wood.

• Greatwalk0's Profile Photo

Great Location, Unfriendly Staff, and Small Rooms

The Hotel Historia is set in the beautiful Sultanhamet nieghborhood of Istanbul. First-time travelers to this city should definately stay in this area, since so many of the great tourist attractions are just steps away.

That being said, I would strongly discourage staying at the Hotel Historia, given it's extremely unpleasant staff (who have a tendency to mislead guests for their seemingly own personal benifit) and small/uncomfortable rooms. Simply put, considering the large number of hotels in the area, you are better served by staying somewhere else where you can get more bang for your buck.

Unique Quality: The Hotel Historia does have a nice front porch area where one can enjoy a glass of wine at night and watch the interesting street life in Sultanhamet.

They also have a pretty good breakfast.

• Firestar24's Profile Photo

Basic but comfortable

Honestly? When I decided to go to Istanbul I had my heart set on the wonderfully rustic Empress Zoe Hotel, but when I emailed them it was fully booked. I searched and searched for something to equal it and "settled" for The Historia choosing it above the other generic accommodation because of the Bosphorus view from the balcony and the proximity to The Blue Mosque. On arrival I'll admit I was disappointed with the room, which was small and basic and half the enamel was missing from the bath.

Having said all that, I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel! It has a great location, comfortable beds, television in the room if it takes your fancy, the view from our balcony was fantastic and the buffet breakfasts were filling and served in a great little courtyard which caught and held the sun all morning. There was free internet access in the reception area and the quiet bar stayed open 24 hours. No coffee in the rooms but if I wanted a cup of coffee and a chat at 3am, the staff happily obliged!

I think the important thing was that we were in Istanbul and it would have been crazy to spend a fortune on a room we should hardly be in. At the end of our stay, the only misgiving I had about our room was that perhaps we could have had a better standard of hotel for the same money. But with a little TLC in regards to the rooms, this would be an amazing hotel.

Directions: Behind the Blue Mosque and just down the road from the Arasta Bazaar

• Best Place in Istanbul

The staff at the Apex are amazing! They are friendly, helpful and on hand 24
    hours a day. On arriving at the hotel, we were warmly welcomed by the
    receptionist and the duty manager. After settling into our room, we were
    encouraged to contact the duty manager for "orientation" This consisted of a
    twenty minute chat about the local area, where he answered lots of questions and
    gave us a map and guide book. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff at the
    Apex! We were greeted with a smile at all times. The location of the Dersaadet
    is fantastic. It is a 3 minute walk from the Beautiful Blue Mosque, and about 5
    minutes from Topkapi Palace. There is a bazaar just round the corner from the
    hotel, this is the best route to take to the Blue Mosque. At the end of the
    bazaar there are some restaurants where you can get very good apple tea. We
    walked down to the Grand Bazaar and the Spice Market, we found that we had to
    get very few taxis. Breakfast is served on the roof terrace which has an
    excellent view of the area.

Directions: nearly the blue mosque, hagia sophia museum, topkapi palace.
    apex hotel is on the old city.

• rafi.of.gali.gali's Profile Photo

Small Hotel, Great Service

We stayed at Historia Hotel during our trip to Istanbul and from now on, we'll certainly try to stay here whenever we come back.
    The location could not be better, as it is in the heart of Sultanahmet just 3 minutes away from the Blue Mosque.
    It has a great quality/location/price ratio.
    I certainly recommend it.
    Hoping to get back soon and meet all the nice people there.

Unique Quality: It's a little charming hotel with something like 25 rooms, all with air conditioning and some with wonderful sea view.
    The staff is excelent, friendly and nice.
    The breakfast is also great, and more than suffice to prepare you for the day walking you'll certainly do.
    In the lobby there's a free computer to be online (funny thing, the keyboard is prepared for turquish, which is rather funny).

Directions: Next to Blue mosque, there's a nice painted blue hotel (H.Blue Mosque). From there, descend that street a little, turn first left, go down that street (lots of tapestry shops). Historia H. should be 50 metres right ahead (Green House)

• divandrea's Profile Photo

A lovely Place in a lovely City

Historia Hotel is a nice little house in a quiet part of Sultanahmet. Most of the main sights are within walking distance (for instance the Blue Mosque is just 3 minutes away). We had a lovely room with a gorgeous sea view, breakfast was ok, the staff is friendly and helpful. There is a little bar where you get drinks and snacks. There are tons of places to eat properly just around the corner. The only negative thing about Historia Hotel is the train that runs in front of the building, but we got used to the noise very quickly. Would definitely recommend the place.

Unique Quality: We absolutely adored the view of the Marmara Sea and the asian part of Istanbul. One member of the staff welcomed us with the sentence "welcome to the end of Europe" - and that's exactly how it felt.

Directions: Sultanahmet

More about Historia Hotel

Trip to Turkey March 2007 (5 days)

by Miguel1971

I would like some recommendations of what to do on my first visit to Turkey. which places to go? Hotel recommendations? and if I should contact a travel agency for some tours or not?
Regards
Miguel

by brotherleelove

Ephesus, for certain. Bodrum and Gumusluk if you get to the south. Truva (Ancient Troy) near Canakkale if that interests you. In Istanbul, the Grand Bazaar, Topkapi Palace, Blue Mosque, Agia Sophia. Take a boat ride on the Bosphorous.

RE: RE: Trip to Turkey March 2007 (5 days)

by wwroam

Five days in Turkey ? I'd be surprised if you get far from Istanbul. I think that Istanbul deserves 5 days. i'm going to Turkey next year , late april . I will be staying at the historia hotel which is in the middle of the sightseeing district.

by ozfromoz

Five days is a ridiculously short time for a trip to somewhere like Turkey. It's probably even too short to really experience Istanbul. I would say that you shouldn't bother with places like Bodrum - it's a nice area but indistinguishable from most beachside resort towns in the world. Efes is impressive but if you've spent time in Greece it won't feel like an entirely unique experience. I would say that if you find time to venture out of Istanbul you should head to Cappadocia (Urgup-Goreme) and explore some of the earliest christian settlements, all carved into the unique rock formations - Not to mention a 7 story deep underground Hitite villiage.

by AlperIst

Hi,

Turkey is not a city. It is the name of a country that is located mostly in Middle East and some is Balkan Peninsula. In 5 days you can try to visit one town of it.

Alper