Hotel Amira Istanbul

Kucuk Ayasofya Mh. , Mustafapasa Sk. No:79, Istanbul, 34122, Turkey
Hotel Amira Istanbul
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

More about Istanbul

Golden Horn and Galata Bridge from Galata TowerGolden Horn and Galata Bridge from Galata Tower

The majestic dome - Jan 2010The majestic dome - Jan 2010

Route mapRoute map

Entrance to Basilica Cistern, IstanbulEntrance to Basilica Cistern, Istanbul

Weather now?

by ara2

Hi

Will be leaving for Istanbul tomorrow. How is the weather now and forecasts for the rest of next week? if anyone know? I see rainy days ahead from Google but I don't want to believe it coz been there in May every year, hardly got any rain at all...hopes it is dry and sunny next week.

Cheers!

Ara

by ara2

EDIT: every May for the last two years, not every year!!

Ara

by leics

Looks like at least some showers/rain, I'm afraid:

Weather forecasting is not an exact science, of course, so you may be lucky!

by June.b

I was just in Istanbul last week for 9 days and most of the days are sunny except for the last 2 days - a bit of drizzle, cloudy for most but generally sunny.

Daily I am checking weather.com as based on my experience (in Istanbul at least), their forecast is accurate. That Wednesday when it rained, I knew it already because I saw it at weather.com so I made amendments on my plans couple of days before.

Right now, the forecast is from cloudy to scattered rains and showers for 10 days from May 1, not a very good thing if you're expecting really sunny weather, but when they say cloudy, chances are there won't be rain, the most would be a drizzle and only last for couple of hours.

Still you can have fun, it's Istanbul! Go and enjoy this great city.

Travel Tips for Istanbul

Istanbul Tip

by almogaver

I remember many things from this city, but perhaps there´s
something than everybody have to do: take a lonely walk
among the people without any tourist around you, and only
leave your body.....Will be an experience than you remember
all your life.

People in Instanbul are GREAT!!!

by IvaT

Before going to Istanbul I have read a lot of advices about how to behave or how to speak with the locals ( for example, don't make eye contact, don't look at them, pretend you don't understand english or any other language they speak - especially on grand bazar). And I have to say that lot of them were crap. But one thing is true - if you don't like meeting new people, or you can't accommodate easy, then you won't have a lot of fun in Istanbul, and you will probably find locals very annoying and difficult. But they only want to talk and are very curious. I have to say that I had a wonderful time there and hope to come back some day. Our local guide told us that people in Istanbul won't tell you where something is, they will take you there. And that is true. So, don't be afraid of locals, and you'll have a great time too.

Packing List

by Geoff_Wright

I thought that I would take a little Turkish currency with me, so asked my UK bank to get me £200, just for 'spending money'. I collected the currency today (28 Nov). For every £1.00 I received just over 2 million Turkish Lira! Altogether 405,000,000 Lira!! So now when the cofee costs me TL 10 million, I won't mind!!

This isn't really off the...

by JERICO

This isn't really off the beaten path, but while exploring the area around the Blue Mosque, I was walking towards the south and came upon a small shopping area just outside the of the gardens. This is what the main street looked like.

Capali Carsi (Covered Bazzar)

by Aggeliki

Covered Bazaar dates originally from the reign of Mehmed II who had the Old Bedesten, located at the very heart of the bazaar constructed. Today the vast structure houses more than four thousand shops linked by a maze of labyrinthine alleys and thoroughfares. The shops sell leather, gold, silver, jewelry, garments, copper and a variety of tourist souvenirs. The Old Bedesten still specializes in the sale of antiques.

Comments