Value Score No Data
Good For Families
Sultanahmet Best Boutique Hotel
High recommended especially if you're coming for a short weekend stay to explore sights around Sultanahmet area.
Reason to stay:
1. Location (walking distance to Hagia Sofia & Topkapi Palace
2. Very friendly staff (Hakan & Mehmet especially are so attentive)
3. Great value especially well known area costing GBP50-GBP80 (depending occupancy.
4. Rooms are fantastic, simple, clean and homely (Though my room is small but plus point has a balcony facing Blue Mosque & Got to play with the owner's dog outside)
5. If stay more than 3 nights one way transfer is included in the price.
6. Breakfast room is amazing (plenty of food, looking over the Marmara Sea & facing the Blue Mosque)
Good / Not So Good
We visited Istanbul and stayed at The Apricot Hotel. The staff were so nice and friendly. The view of the water at breakfast is beautiful.
Mehmet the manager suggested touristy things to do. Not what we wanted exactly. He repeated (over and over) that we should visit Galipoli, even for a day and come back that night. He would arrange everything.
He was clearly attracted to my friend, who is very pretty. He gave her his phone number and his email. We visited with other hotel guests during our stay. One lady apeaks a little Turkish and had alot to say. She talked about this guy sleeping with hotel guests. She said she overheard a co-worker ask him: Which room are you in tonight?
TMI !! The staff at the Apricot were very friendly. But we were uncomfortable with Mehmet's attention, especially after hearing this. If you go to The Apricot, bring your boyfriend.
Unique Quality: Beautiful view.
Nice, clean rooms.
Home away from home
The Apricot Hotel was our home away from home. The staff at this hotel were just great. Friendly, helpful and always smiling they were always there to answer any questions, recommend a restaurant, book ahead for accommodation or tours or simply to just find some ice for our afternoon drink on the terrace. The rooms were comfortable and clean with a bar fridge and air conditioning and best of all the shower was hot and with a screen.
Unique Quality: The terrace gave great views out over the Sea of Marmara and the breakfast served here was the best.We could see the Blue Mosque from our bedroom window and the location was really handy to all the tourist sights around Sultanahmet.
Directions: In the middle of Sultanahmet, very close to the Blue Mosque and Aya Sophia
A great little hotel
The Apricot Hotel is a great little hotel in Sultanahmet. It is conveniently located within easy walking distance of the most popular destinations in Sultanhamet. The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly and helpful, and the rates are very reasonable. The hotel serves a most excellent breakfast on the roof-top terrace, with views overlooking the Sea of Marmara. There are a number of good restaurants in the neighborhood. The owner, Hakan, is an excellent guide, as well. The Apricot Hotel is ideal for the independent traveler.
More about Hotel Aslan Istanbul
Nice hotel with good room rate.
I wonder if any one could help me.I am traveling to Istanbul next month and looking for nice hotel with good room rate.I will be thankful if you could recommend any....Best regards.
RE: Nice hotel with good room rate.
Apricot Hotel in the Sultahamet. Fantastic location great people find them online
Nice hotel with good room rate.
Appreciate it Nytim will find out more about the hotel in the website.
RE: RE: Nice hotel with good room rate.
I believe the website is Apricothotel.com. For 15 dollars they will pick you up from the airport. If you stay more than three days the pick up is free.
Popular Hotels in Istanbul
Tevkifhane Sokak No. 1, Sultanahmet-Eminonu, Istanbul
Kucuk Ayasofya Caddesi Kapiagasi Sokak 5, Sultanahmet, Istanbul
Ebusuud Cad. Mehmet Murat Sok. No: 4, Sirkeci, Istanbul
Ishakpasa Yenisarachane sk. No:4 Sultanahmet, Istanbul
Explore the World
- Springhill Suites By Marriott Lake Buena Vista In The Marriott Village
- Coquina Beach
- Quality Hotel Woden
- Woodfin Suite Hotel Dublin
- Hotel Sindbad
- Blau Porto Petro Beach Resort
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Medicine Hat Transcanada Hwy 1
- Elounda Heights Apartments & Studios
- Breakfree Aanuka Beach Resort Coffs Harbour
- Springhill Suites Orlando Convention Center / International Drive
- Waikiki Village Motel
- Hall Of Fame Hotel
- Pegasus Hotel Guyana
- Radisson Blu Resort Sharjah