Hotel Inter Istanbul

Mithatpasa Cad. Buyuk Haydar Efendi Sok. No: 29, Beyazit, Istanbul, 34490, Turkey
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about Hotel Inter Istanbul

Best Value! A home away from home.

by June.b about Hotel Inter Istanbul (Sultanahmet)

After getting exhausted for 3 days stay in Istiklal Cadessi, I moved to Beyazit, 10 minutes walk from Sultanahmet. I stayed at the Hotel Inter Istanbul in September 2005. Since then this became my "Home" in Istanbul.

1) Location - across the Grand Bazaar, but you have to walk a little down the road at Mithatpasa Cadesi (about 1-2 min. from Grand Bazaar) to reach the hotel. Sultanahmet is 10min. walk from the hotel. Yet, if you are the lazy type, you can always take the tramvay for only 1.40YTL, Sultanahmet is 1 station away from the hotel (Beyazid-Cemberlitas-Sultanahmet). On a quiet street, one street down from the main road (tramvay road).

Many people are asking me for this so I posted a picture of the direction to the hotel here, click on it and print for easy reference.

2) I was hessitant to come to the hotel at first (during my first visit of the city) as I didn't find reviews of this hotel anywhere and thinking that it is far from Sultanahmet, plus the room photos on their website looks small. But, I was surprised to see that it was better and really neat than on the picture. I got a single room, central a/c with clean crisp sheets double-size bed, half-tub w/ hot shower (or stall shower on other rooms), TV with english program, dresser/cabinet with safety deposit box, minifridge (it's empty so buy stuff and fill it up), double curtains if you want to sleep all day, IDD phone, clean spring-flower-smelling towels replaced daily - the best part I love.

3) Service is commendable, they clean the room daily and changes bed sheets every other day, and the best part is, even if I put the towels on the rack (means I will still use it).. they get to change it with a fresh one... on a daily basis! The people at the reception are nice esp. the KURTULMUS brothers.... as well as the other guy I forgot to ask the name for whom I've left a jacket that was to be given back to a friend of mine whose mobile is closed the day I left. He managed to have the jacket picked up on the same day.

4) Transportation is aplenty. The Beyazit tramvay station is just a minute walk from the hotel and also the bus station where most buses stops incl. the bus going to Taksim square is just beside the tram station which is front of the G. Bazaar. So moving around is just so easy.

5) Complimentary Breakfasts, used to be the same each day, nowadays, they're changing some stuff - sunny-side-ups, scrambled eggs, sausages, coldcuts, cheeses, cereals, butter, jams, breads and come crepes, tomatoes, cucumber, brewed coffee, tea, juices, etc.

6) The staff are attentive - they don't speak much english but the reception people do, so you can always get what you need. And most of them have been with the hotel for a long time - my first stay was in 2005 and I still find the same bunch of nice staff. And most of all, they are so trustworthy that I could leave my gadgets around the room each time I go out and find them on the same spot whenever I come back.

7) 2-minute walk sights around the hotel - grand bazaar, beyazid mosque, the magnificent suleymaniye mosque, istanbul university ground, etc... Yenikapy ferry terminal - if you're going to Bursa or Iznik - is 10-15 minutes walk down the road from the hotel to the seaside direction.

8) Internet connexion on all floors, excellent and most of all it's free.

9) Free pick-up and/or drop-off to the airport for reservations of 3 or more nights. It's convenient and prompt. Clean, neat rooms, fresh smelling towels, great staff, it became my home in Istanbul.

Best Value around! So highly recommended.

In GOOGLE Maps, here's the link...click on it! Hotel Inter at Google Map

everything was perfect, thank you

by TripAdvisor Member LatviaInga

We - 2 girls, stayed in Hotel Inter Istanbul this June, 2007. We can express our opinion in few words - transfer - perfect, hospitality - perfect, room service - excellent, breakfast - very very good, rooms - clean and cousy!!! Besides - very close to center of Istanbul - easy to get by walking to every famous place in Istanbul (Blue mosque, St. Sofia, Grand Bazaar, etc., etc.......)Everything was completely great and we both are very happy that we found this hotel. In September we plan to go to Istanbul again, and we are 100% sure for choosing this hotel again. And we suggest this hotel to everybody!
Thanks, Hotel Inter!
Liene and Inga

Location, location, location!

by TripAdvisor Member DravidDesai

In terms of location, Hotel Inter Istanbul is ideally located as it walking distance to all the tourist sites including the Grand Bazaar, the Underground Cistern, the Hippodrome, the Topkapi Palace, the St. Sophia/AyaSophia, the Blue Mosque and the Archaeology Museum. Further, the tram station is only 2 minutes walking distance from the hotel and just 3 tram stops away is the Eminonou station where you can take the government public ferry cruise, which crisscrosses the Bosphorous river (separating Europe and Asia) while stopping at the Dolmabache Palace for a mere 7 YTL (approx $5). Additionally, the fantastic hotel location means that restaurants are only minutes away.

I paid approx. 40 euro in peak season for a double room after a 10% discount that is applicable to all cash payments. This hotel rate appears to be extremely fair and reasonable for a good budget tourist hotel in a prime location.

The hotel is family run and operated and the manager is also the hotel owner. All employees have been working there for 10 to 15 years so the family operated service is quite good. I found the hotel employees to be genuine and sincere. In particular, Latif, the Receptionist was extremely helpful, knowledgeable, with a good command of English, and he gave me good tips of what places to visit and what places to avoid (e.g. nightlife and liquor bars that rip you off big time – a common scam in Istanbul).

When my trip plans changed and I had to stay fewer days than anticipated, the hotel readily accommodated my request and I very much appreciated the flexibility that this hotel provided.
There is free wi-fi internet access throughout the hotel so if you have a laptop this is a blessing. If you don’t have a laptop you may also access the internet computer in the lobby though there is just one workstation. I think two more workstations are needed for a hotel of this size to ensure that the sole computer in the lobby is not occupied all the time. The in-room safety box is rather primitive though one may use the hotel safe (in the basement) that is completely secure as it can only be opened by two keys – one which is given to you and the other which the hotel keeps. Overall the hotel seems to be a safe and secure place and is located in a generally safe area.

The free airport pick-up and drop-off service is a nice gesture and will be most appreciated by those arriving in Istanbul for the first time. The hotel rooms are mid-sized, and the bathroom is very modern and makes excellent use of limited space – see the pictures that I have uploaded. The towels are clean and fresh ones are provided every day. The free breakfast is basic/simple and could easily be enhanced by offering fruits, for example.

I reside in America and could not book the hotel from any on-line travel agency. Instead the hotel had to be booked directly from the hotel’s own web site at www.hotelinteristanbul.com . Note that this hotel (Hotel Inter Istanbul) is located in BEYAZIT, and is completely different from a hotel of a similar name (Inter Istanbul Hotel), that is located elsewhere on Topkapai Cadessi 8.

The best advice I can give anyone travelling to Istanbul is to also take a 2 day trip/tour of Cappadocia. An overnight bus from Istanbul gets you there and Cappaadocia looks straight out of the pages of National Geographic Magazine – so visually stunning that you won’t see anything like it anywhere in the world! The 2 day trip includes overnight bus to and from Cappadocia and applicable free transfers, 1 night hotel stay in Cappadocia including breakfast, and tours for 2 days (including breakfast), and costs approximately 250 YTL per person and trust me it is worth every penny (or YTL)! You can ask the hotel receptionist to help you with your booking or you can book directly with numerous travel agents in the Sultanamet area (all within working distance to Hotel Inter Istanbul hotel). I booked through Volare Travel Agency volaretour.com. When travelling to Cappadocia, Hotel Inter Istanbul was kind enough to allow me to keep my passport and other travel documents with them and to allow me to use their safe boxes to store my extra cash. Not visiting Cappadocia when in Instanbul/Turkey is like not seeing the Taj Mahal while travelling to India!

Overall, Hotel Inter Istanbul provides very good bang for the buck and is an excellent choice for a budget tourist hotel in the heart of the Istanbul.

Nice staff, Smelly hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Peacepal

Although the staff at the Inter Hotel are pleasant, the rooms are clean and the location is good, we found staying there ruined our time in Istanbul as it was like living in an ashtray. The foyer was constantly filled with smoke, staff smoked in the stairwells and people obviously smoked in their rooms. Despite being on the upper floors of the hotel, the smoke filled our room day or night and made sleeping difficult. Waking up in the moring I felt as if I had smoked a pack the night before (having once been a smoker).

Loved Hotel Inter

by TripAdvisor Member kadakno1

I have stayed at the hotel inter a number of times now and the one reason being that it feels like home away from home. its clean, comfortable and above all safe. the staff are very pleasant and helpful at all times and its a pleasure being there every time. worth every penny.

Mr Khan, from Birmingham Uk

Istanbuls' Best Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Askin11

On my first visit to Istanbul I was lucky enough to find Hotel Inter. In addition to it's excellent position five minutes from tram /bus stops and the Grand Bazaar, or a twenty minutes walk
to Aya Sofia and the Blue Mosque , its clean and comfortable rooms, instant hot water, excellent breakfast, and a friendly and helpful staff, made it an ideal place to stay. Being met at the airport if staying three days or more was an added bonus for a first time visitor.

Good hotel

by TripAdvisor Member slavianka

I found the information about the Inter hotel absolutely accidentaly, few minutes before leaving to business trip to Istambul. Urgently reserved a place in it and informed the registry about my arrival time. Plane, and lately the baggage was late for more than an hour, but the hotel‘s representative still waited for me in the meeting hall. We got to a little and calm hotel in such lively and active life living district. There urban transport is developed quite well and near there are cultural and historical sightseeings. Rooms were comfortable and clean, administrative staff was obliging. I came there to work, but at evenings I had some time to see historical places and drink a cup of coffee with my friens in the cafe near by. Hotel‘s administration took care of my departure too. Reprove, no anxiety for the reasonable price.

Average institutional hotel, very unfriently staff.

by TripAdvisor Member asmith_abroad

The hotel is clean and in a good location, but with a very institutional feel. There isn't a single decoration on the yellow walls, and feels uncomfortable. The airport pickup was perfect, but after that the service was terrible. The front desk staff were unwilling to do anything, and didn't even attempt to be friendly. In Turkey everyone we met was extremely friendly, except the crabby Hotel Inter staff.

an absolute gem of a small hotel

by TripAdvisor Member jimniNorthernIreland

This is a gem of a small hotel. The rooms are excellent with TV, comfortable beds, emaculately clean, superb cleaning and being on the sixth floor we could se the sea, the ships in the harbour over the rooftops. The hotel is in a quiet sisde street, but is close to local shops, 10 mins walk from Grand Bazzar and even closer to main bus and tram routes. Other tourist attractions are in walking distance. It is ideally placed for the budget tourist. Nice breakfast and friendly staff. Free pick up and return to airport was great. All this for a a very cheap rate and you get even further discount if you pay in cash. Istanbul was great and this hotel was the icing on the cake. Highly recommended.
We stayed for 8 nights.
Jim and Paul from Northern Ireland

Istanbul Visit

by BillCampbell

"My Hotel - Hotel Inter Istanbul"

I spent 15 nights at this very comfortable hotel, located in the Beyazit district, very close to the Sultanahmet attractions.

"Eminonu"

The Eminonu area is at the junction of the Sea of Marmara, the Golden Horn, and the Bosphorus, so there is always something to do there that is associated with the water. You can take ferries, pleasure boats, walk along the shoreline, or dine at the very nice restaurants under the Galata Bridge.

"Sultanahmet"

The main attractions in the Sultanahmet area are the Aya Sofya Museum (former mosque), the Sultanahmet Camii mosque (Blue Mosque), the Hippodrome, the Basilica Cistern, and Topkapi Palace.

Harem cupboardHarem cupboard

Descending the stairs...Descending the stairs...

Bus going past and spreading us with waterBus going past and spreading us with water

Palace groundsPalace grounds

by pleasuredom&atombomb

Has anyone stayed @ this hotel located in Beyazit? The rate on their website (www.hotelinteristanbul.com) is so very cheap @ EU20/30 single/double and the photos of the room sure looks reasonable enough.

But how about the location also? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks huge!

RE: Hotel Inter Istanbul

by ironduke74

I dont know a lot about the hotel but Beyazit is nearby the historical areas of Istanbul as there are many many hotels located in Beyazit. Some Beyazit hotels may not serve you the best if they are very cheap.. As Istanbul is a very big city i advice to search hotels in Taksim or Sultanahmet (it is very close to Beyazit).

by stopme

Thanks heaps for the information. However, will there be any hotel in Sultanahmet or Taksim or Beyoglu area, that could beat or level with Hotel-Inter-Istanbul which is offering single ac room ensuite w/ tv, window & daily breakfast + airport-hotel pickup @ a rock-bottom rate of Euro 20? I've searched but found that most of them are EU 30 & up!

Thanks again!

by mp3province

i stayed there about 2 weeks ago. i really didn't go expecting much for 20 euro a night, but i was pleasantly surprised. free airport pick up and drop off. staff were great. rooms were spotless, has air conditioning and every room has an attached bathroom.

hotel inter is located amongst all the textile wholesalers...it would take me about 7-10 mins to walk to the blue mosque. but u can always take the tram, which costs a mere 1.1 YTL. i would also get back to my hotel in the wee hours of the morning, all was safe....just keep your eyes open, and make sure to look around when walking....

the hotel is very close to the beyazit tramway.....the grand bazaar is also right behind the tramway...food is cheap. tavuk doner (chicken doner kebabs) are just 1 YTL and lamachun (turkish pizza) was awesome and only 0.75 YTL

hope u enjoy your trip as much as i did...

by stopme

MP3PROVINCE~~~~~~~~~

That was a good first-hand info., I guess after my so very long search & research... I'll finally end up staying at Hotel-Inter, and they did really fetch you at the airport?

Thanks.......huge!

Which Inter hotel is better?

by trainaholic

there are two hotels in Istanbul with the same name.

1- the first address is Mithatpasa Cad. Buyuk Haydar Efendi Sok

2- and the other one is Topkapi Caddesi no:8 (Topkapi-Kaleici)

I got pretty good deal on both but I don't know which one is better.
and oh ya the deals I got were about 40 Euros a night in July.
any ideas?
many thx,
Jab

RE: Which Inter hotel is better?

by AlperIst

Hi,

I don't know about the inside of the hotels, but Topkapi is not a fun area to stay for sure.

Cheers.
Alper

Re: Which Inter hotel is better?

by June.b

I stayed at the Hotel Inter Istanbul (check my hotel tips), am I satisfied, yes!

It's located almost in front of the Grand Bazaar, and about 5 to 10 minutes to Blue MOsque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi and Basilica Cistern. Or if you're not into walking, take the tram (for only YTL 1.30) to Sultanahmet - 1 tram station away from the hotel (Beyazit - Cemberlitas - Sultanahmet). The bus station for buses that goes to most areas, especially Taksim, is just on the other side of the road.

The hotel is basic, neat, bigger rooms than other hotels on same category, breakfast is just fine, staff don't speak much english but the reception do. It's in a textile area, most of the people around the area shop for wholesale garments. Check my hotel tips for more details and photos about this hotel.

The other hotel in Topkapi, well, no idea, but the area is far away from the popular sights, check this map http://www.virtualistanbul.com/virtualistanbul/Maps.htm . It's located in the #10 Findikzade from the map, and the tourist area is at #7 Sultanahmet.

Tourists basically stays at Sultanahmet or Taksim.

Enjoy Istanbul... juz as I always do!

Re: Which Inter hotel is better?

by trainaholic

thx for the advice.

Looking for a nice/reasonable Bed and Breakfast in Istanbul for 3 nights

by obyjuan

Looking for a reasonably priced B&B in Istanbul July 24-27. A single room.

by iaint

Have a look at the Terrace Guesthouse - details on my Istanbul page.

by biarros

hi dear,
there are nice reasonable prices hotels aroun Sultanahmet. and if you like i can make a reservation for you since i can get a good price.what is your budget per night dear. contact me biarros@hotmail.com
greetings

by June.b

The "reasonably priced" may be a little broad - from no star to 5 star - you will find lots of reasonable hotels in Istanbul.

But if your reasonably means "budget", there are hordes of them, first - check ratestogo or hotelclub or other hotel reservation sites, particularly the "last minute" rates, they normally offer good rates.

Or, in my previous stay in Istanbul, there is this hotel stone-pthrow away from the Grand Bazaar and 10-minute walk to the historical sites in Sultanahmet, it's called Hotel Inter Istanbul (www.hotelinteristanbul.com), only book-able thru their own website. For me at least, it's very reasonable, Euro30 w/breakfast (single) on a big clean and functional room on the upper floor. U may drop my name and get a good rate ;o)

Or, checkout the budget hotels I've stayed in Istanbul, that is... if you're into it, here:

Nevertheless, there are lots, I mean, really lots of accommodation - from shoestring-budget to luxury - in Istanbul, and mostly reasonable.

Have fun!

by throwtoy

my husband and i really like Sultans inn. you get a better price if you book through hostelworld.

D

by chavez

Goto hostelbookers you'll see a variety of places - it would have been nice to link up but we are in Istanbul between 19th July - 22nd July.

Enjoy