Hotel Ipek Palace

Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 44% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• kevsun_uk's Profile Photo

Definitley not worth it!!

Was hoping for a very pleasant arrival, which i was greeted by a young porter at the big heavy iron doors (not for the weak) of the Ipek Palas. ANyway plonked my luggage at front of reception desk , was greeeted by the Hotel Receptionist, " you have a reservation, sir ?"
    Anyway after confirmation, then i was offered a complimentary fizzy drink(non alcoholic)! began to sup it through the straw, which had a hole in it... not a very good start! [this is gonna a be a great holiday] i was thinking...so the receptionist called the porter to accompany me to my room...so went in the lift which is very small but can hold up to 5 persons @ 400kg weight , i was very suprised! Arrived at the 4th floor approached the room, No 409! Porter boy opend the door - OMG! WHat a very small room! How on earth is this ? I wasnt expecting this [i was thinking in my mind].. Then porter boy says, "enjoy your stay"!
    SO the room was very small and only had electric sockets x2 and despite this they were both in ridiculous places, one adjacent to the bed so if anything was plugged in i.e. mobile phones, mp3, cameras etc. they had no other place to sit, other tha the bed..and the other socket was situated in the most ridiculous place, in the wardrobe which was being used by the TV ! Was very annoying! SO there was only 1 primary socket which was the one near the bed! The bathroom which had 1 shower, basin and WC all tightly fitted, was very small and tight to move around..even getting in and out of the shower was a tight squeeze for me, a chap of 1.68m and 66kg! The view from Hotel window looked on to a construction site with a very big crater in the ground?? Anyway, luckily there was no construction work happening during my stay! There wasn't even a comfortable place to sit, other than the bed or floor, at least there could have been a table and chairs for me and my girlfriend to sit at! I asked to be moved to another room which the hotel agreed toom but my girlfriend was happy to stay. So we didn't change! Then Breakfast which was the same selection of foods everyday, for me it was very boring and they even charged 5.00 Lira for a glass of freshly squeezed Orange juice, which i thought was appalling! The waitresses where keen ion taking unfinished servings away from our tables, even though me and my girlfriend had not finished eating completley! Which i found very annoying! You go away for 2 secs and everything is cleared from the tables - Gosh! I will not stay at this Hotel again!

Unique Quality: Themost satisfying aspects about this Hotel was the -

Lobby.

Location.

View for the breakfast room, overlooking the rooftops and the Bosphorus, absolutley beautiful!

More about Hotel Ipek Palace

6th time in İpek and loving it, Norway

by TripAdvisor Member selma2

Me and my husband are very satisfied with the hotel İpek Palas. We have stayed here 6 times and are always made to feel welcome, services is excellent and the staff are always helpful. They fix anything we ask for, always trying to meet any request we have. Absolutly a hotel we can recommend to others who want to be in a central location with a helpful staff who will advise you as to which places are a must to see. We will be coming back again and again as we have found our place to stay when in İstanbul.

Convenient and Good Value Hotel,

by TripAdvisor Member mingc

Stayed here for 5 nights, booked through Expedia as they had a deal, worked out to be £16/night for a single room. It's a very good price and you do get a decent room, very clean and good breakfast (variety of cakes, cheeses, bread, not much hot food). Rooms on the 5th floor can be a little noisy in the morning when people in the restaurant are having their breakfasts and you can hear them, not great if you're not a morning person. But rooms are generally OK, no complains. You're not paying £100+ a night for a room so can't expect much, can you?

Staff are very helpful and friendly. They were very accommodating when I asked to change to a bigger and better room. Hotel is right in the touristy area, so great for walking around and very close to tourist sites. Will have to travel beyond Sultanahmet aread for good restaurants such as the Taksim area, but taxis are cheap in Istanbul.

I'd definitely stay in this hotel again for its good value for money and +++ points for cleanliness, when I return to Istanbul.

Absolute Disaster

by TripAdvisor Member bigflirt

On arrival to the hotel at 10.30pm on the 16th of March, the hotel was under renovation work. The reception desk was made up of 3 pieces of plywood. There was no management available for us to meet with when we complained. They found us accomodation with another hotel up the road which we resided in for the remainder of our visit. We revisited the hotel the following day to complain and we had to pay transfer fee from airport and there were workmen plastering the reception area ceilings. We were told that there was a comment on the website stating that there was renovations going on and i have revisited the website and i could not see where it mentioned this.

Not the best Hotel experience

by TripAdvisor Member tworyeaye

On arriving outside the Ipek we thought it was closed. There was scaffolding around the entire outside covered with netting. On entering the reception there was a small desk and pigeon holes for the room keys. The entire area was covered in dust and builders working. The first room was not ready, the second room was OK, the cupboards had no handles and TV did not work, a staff member tried to get the TV working with no joy. The room was dusty as work was continually on going. Returning to the room on one occasion the dressing table had been moved and on another the wardrobe had been moved from one side to the other. Right outside our room builders were chipping render off the wall. At the building site next door there was work going on through the night by floodlight as well as work in the hotel.
The breakfast room was clean and food adequate. The staff were polite and friendly. Hotel is in a good location.
We feel that we should have been advised of the major renovation work - no mention on the Ipek web site.

Excellent Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member sudenaz

am to 4 times in this hotel and has been saying this hotel impressed me time and again the atmosphere I want to miss any other hotel, but the view when you sit at the top of the restaurant is the view to bosporus umwerfend.mann feels very well here the hotel staff is very nice and very auxiliary Ready ... I would recommend each of the hotel and saying that was not the last happy times again.

Under major reconstruction!!

by TripAdvisor Member Yiannis73

Ipek is a fine hotel with great views etc. but is currently under major reconstruction. There is dust, tools, pieces of wood & metal and workers everywhere! From 10am to 6pm any kind of repairs, reconstructions etc. take place with use of very noisy heavy tools! The worst is that the hotel management didn't inform us about the situation and even after we arrived and complained they lied, telling us that noises comes from a neighbour building. The stuff was very polite, obviously embarrassed by the situation and trying to do its best in this chaos. Fortunately we found rooms in another hotel and left Ipek same evening. In my opinion the best thing for our time and nerves and their reputation would be staying close until reconstruction ends.

Good location for exploring this great city

by TripAdvisor Member AlfaFella

We spent 3 nights here and it's ideally positioned for exploring the numerous sights and sounds on the European side of this fascinating city. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and although our room was quite cramped the rooftop restaurant offered great views over the Bosphorous and beyond during breakfast (although tables on the outside balcony were very limited). Good value for money and many of the tourist attractions can be reached on foot from the hotel.

Very friendly staff and incredible view from the terras

by TripAdvisor Member Molen

We had a good feeling about this hotel when we arrived. The staff is very friendly and the decoration of the hotel is very nice. We could feel that we were in Istanbul because of the style used in the hotel. The terras where we enjoyed our breakfast has a great view over the bosphorus and golden horn. Our room had a classical decoration in a modern coat. It is near sultanahmet and only 5 minutes walking to the Hagia Sophia. The staf was very helpfull and guided us freely when asked.

VERY RECOMMENDED HOTEL, I WILL DEFINETELY COME BACK THERE

by TripAdvisor Member LenanVictor

the hotel is situated at the very heart of the city
every major attraction is steps away ,as well as the tram station which is only 1 minute by walking
and the hotel has been renovated several months ago
the rooms are very clean
the service was amazing
clerk named Ozzy at the reseption gave us a big smile and an excellent service!
the food is great
the terrace where the breakfast is served has an incredible view of Istambul and the Bosphorus!!!

VERY RECOMMENDED HOTEL, I WILL DEFINETELY COME BACK THERE

Accommodation in Serkeci Area

by drawn

Greetings everyone!

Seemed like it's very difficult to find $40-room maximum in the Taksim/Beyoglu area for next week from 31-May up to 7-Jun. So maybe I'll stay in the Serkeci district. Is that advisable? Does anyone out there knew some good, clean moderately-priced hotels in this area? How about Ipek Palas and Hotel Ilkay, which one would you recommend me to stay? It's next week and I need all the help I can get!!!

Thank you so much.