Hotel Istanbul Kervansaray

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 53% lower than similarly priced 4 star hotels

• solopes's Profile Photo

"Cheap" but...

This hotel was chosen by the local people that organized our visit. We had a special fare and paid far less than the counter's price.
    The room was not big, but looked smaller than it really was. The furniture was aged, and even lining had fadding colours. It was not dirty, but it didn't "look" so clean. The bed was comfortable, and everything worked well in the washroom.

Breakfast was too oriental, poor in fruits and bread, with many prepared dishes based in fresh cheese and vegetables with oriental flavours - I skipped most of them. However, it was enough for a resonable meal, and breakfast was the only meal that we took in the hotel.

Unique Quality: Location in Taksim's hotel hub.

• Heniko's Profile Photo

HOTEL KERVANSARAY

If you are planning to be in Istanbul ,Kervansaray Restaurant & Hotel is a really nice place to stay I think. Somewhat glamy...not usually my style when I travel, I rather ruff it and see how locals live...but I do invite you to check this famous traditional Turkish show for some unforgettable nights. Espcially if you trip is to Istanbul is a short one...this place will leave you a lating impression.
    Kervansaray Restaurant & Night Club offer private saloons which are ideal for events of every size and kind,including weddings,receptions,business meetings and parties.
    Every night at the sound of the orchestra we tasted delicious Turkish foods and make fun of Kervansaray Restaurant & Night Club's new show.

Unique Quality: Live orchestra with nightly preformance, belly dancing and folk dance shows. Excellent food offered.

More about Hotel Istanbul Kervansaray

KERVANSARAY HOTEL / ISTANBUL

by CAMILLEHADDAD about 4 **** STARS

Located in Taksim, a central location of
Istanbul 20 minutes from the airport, close to touristic and shopping centers, HOTEL KERVANSARAY greets
you to a comfortable atmosphere.
MINI BAR,RESTAURANTS,NIGHCLUB,EXCHANGE,24 HOURS ROOM SERVICE,PARKING,RELAXING PLACE,ALL KIND OF FOODS.

gallipoli trip

by nzbryguy76

hi VT team. im off to turkey with wife and mum and dad. crazy i know!
our plan is flyin in mon 1700 and out of istanbul on fri about 1200.

we are going to jump the bus to gallipoli peninsular to see the battlefields.

we will try to fit in a bath, cut throat shave, sample some fantastic food, and see a few sights in istanbul.

any ideas on where to stay down south, tryin to decide on eceabat, cannakale or even gelibolou ??

will share a taxi or a personal tour from there to see the battlefields.

any tips or time frame suggestions appreciated to smooth the road with the family time.

we have "hotel agan" booked on the monday, but looking for something a bit nicer for the thursday to treat ourselves.

thanks , hope all your travels are going well.

by FAIRYCHIMNEY

hey there ,
if your looking for nice hotel try gallipoli houses which is located in Eceabat.I am sure you will like the place.
have a nice holiday.

by albaaust

Hi we toured Gallipoli in Dec 2007 - I have been very "slack" and haven't put any tips up yet!! :(

Firstly, we stayed at a reasonsable hotel at Cannakale (Kervansaray)which was very reasonably located in terms of restaurants etc. We booked a tour from the hotel which is linked also to Anzac Hotel. Name : TJs Our guide was Bulent who is quite famous among Aussies who do the annual pilgrimage. We found him to be an excellent guide. I shall try and put pictures etc up in the next few moments on my page.

by albaaust

Well, you will be pleased to hear that I have now put up some tips (not complete) on our stay in Canakkale which I think is a better place to stay than Ecebat.BTW we caught a bus back from Canakkale to Istanbul. Took approximately 6 hours but was OK.

by nzbryguy76

hi, thanks, looks like u had fun.
your tour with TJ : was it only half a day? was it enough? im thinkin my parents will want to take their time so would want to make use of the morning. any thoughts.

also im try in to fin more info on getting a fast ferry yenkapi-bandirma; then a bus on the asian side to cannakale. save an hour an a bit but cant find prices for bus.?

thanks for kervansaray hotel, run buy anzac hotel whos rooms cheaper but "no room" so reccommended "k". 50 euros worth it??

thnaks hepas, im so excited about trip.

by albaaust

The tour took about 4hours. I am sure that you could possibly organise a longer tour. Depends on how many other people join you. We went with two other people (New Zealanders :) ) You might get lucky. BTW make sure you say you are NZers and he'll take you to Chanuk Bair where the NZers managed to get a foothold for a couple of days and where many NZers are buried.

Comments