Hotel Silviya

Hotel Silviya
Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

• StuartHearn's Profile Photo

ANOTHER CENTRAL LOCATION

After one night overpriced room, in thsi central location(where the old fashioned tram runs on main street) Tepabasi-Beyoglu, I ***fted just down the strret to this hotel because the guy told me 36 lire a night
    Upon check out he insisted he said 56, a blatent lie I hate lies and I told them very quietly that dishonesty rated as my top (low life cat)
    the hotel was very clean, very efficient, small, aircon, and they gave me all my messages
    the phone s did not work
    The breakfast was hardly visable, some tomatoes etc and bread, and foul instant coffee
    the room big and comfortable
    thsi man had become (my friend) lulling me into thing he could be trusted
    I went to Turkey with a view to start a business, all I got was Untuths, I left, the business starts in Poland, pity, tr is WONDERFUL PLACE
    My advice in Tr get all in writing BEFORE you commit

Directions: a brish 20 mins to harbour and ferries, cross the bridge, and youa re at the bazaars, great location and many other good hotels there

• fouads's Profile Photo

Silvia Hotel

if you want good , clean , not expensive hotel this is it , it,s near istiklal street and near from Galta tower ,

Unique Quality: rooms have TV , Private path , breakfast is include with the room

Directions: Asmalimescit Sok. No:54 - Tepebasi,Beyoglu

More about Hotel Silviya

This too is a nice budget hotel

by June.b about Hotel Silviya (Beyoglu/Taksim)

I did not stay at Hotel Silviya, actually, I tried several times going there to chance upon availability of room but surprisingly it's always full.

It's a "sokak" (street) away from where I stayed the first time - Arya Otel in Balyoz Street -which is a branch of Istiklal Caddesi (Beyoglu). From Istiklal Caddesi (the main avenue), go down the Asmalimescit Sokak (street).

The front of the hotel is neat and so are the rooms, basic non aircon but were kept clean, at 30YTL (or about Euro18), you can't go wrong.... including breakfast!

Update (2009): Rates became higher YTL50 for a single room, more than 50% increase from 3 years back. Well, I guess all costs went up in Istanbul. Neat!

Hostels in Istanbul.!

by siso010

Hello folks
anyone know a good hostel in Istanbul or a hostel site for Istanbul to search in ?
Thanks!
./Siso

by pinar78

Hi, there are good hostels in Sultanahmet area which are close to the centre and the touristic places..

Have a good trip..

by mushtinda

you can find a lot of cheap & sxpensive hotels in Taksim area. Which is sort of a downtown. I'll recommend that area and its the best in Istanbul with full night life also. You can find transport easily for any other areas in istanbul from there.

by June.b

Took me lots of time to finally choose where to stay in IST... check out

www.letsgoistanbul.com
www.istanbulhotels.com

...you can also check out my page on Istanbul for my accommodation tip and other stuff in that lovely city. Enjoy!

by ozhanu

here is one hostel web page:

by throwtoy

try www.hostelz.com

or do a google search for hostels in turkey. i found tons, but too many to list.

by June.b

I hope you've checked the sites I've mentioned previously (UP), I just came from Istanbul 2 weeks ago, if you're really looking for "hostel", I guess the only hostel in Taksim (maybe there are others), but as far as I've seen Chillout is the most popular among backpackers in Taksim area, it's beside the hotel where I stayed, it's along Balyoz street. Coming from Taksim Square, go where the old tram car is running, that's the famous Istiklal Caddesi, walk or take the old tram and when you're near the tunnel (before, you'll find Balyoz sokak which is a street/branch of istiklal Caddesi, walk further down the road, about a minute only and to your left is Chillout.

If you need other alternative cheaper accommodation, at Euro18/night for single, u can go 2 street from Balyoz which is called Asmalemescit sokak, walk 2 minutes and you'll find Hotel Silviya, neat non-aircon hotel, popular too, it's a budget hotel incl. breakfast. Otherwise, head for Sultanahmet and you'll find lots of hostels, Arsenal is one and very near the bus stop, almost in front of the Tram station.

Enjoy your time in Istanbul.... for getting around, you may check my transportation tip page.

by siso010

Great Great!
Thanks really for the help!
./Osama