Hotel Tulip House

Katip Sinan Cami Sok. No:28 Kucuk Ayasofya Mah., Sultanahmet, Istanbul, 34122, Turkey

Hotel Tulip House
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Budget lodging Sultanahmet

We stayed here for 4 nights in July 2013, 74€ per night booked directly with the hotel via their website. I must not have read the fine print, when I took out my credit card to pay they said that my rate was only for cash. I do see it on the website now so perhaps I missed it when I originaly booked. We were given room 501 which is at the top of the hotel up three flights of stairs, no lift. We had a view of the Marmara Sea from our balcony but honestly it was so hot out that we didn't use the balcony at all. It would be a little hard to find if you didn't know where it was, if I was staying by myself I probably wouldn't have felt comfortable walking back late at night as there was no foot traffic in that area but walking back with my husband was fine.

There were three young men working the front desk, I believe that they are the owners from the information on their website. They all spoke some English but we would get different answers to our questions depending on which one we asked.

Unique Quality: Breakfast was included in our rate, there was a nice selection every morning of fruit, cereal, a hot item or two, bread, meat, cheese, juice. The breakfast room is both inside and outside on a terrace but not a rooftop terrace.

A lot of the hotels in Sultanahmet offer a free transfer if you stay with them for a certain number of nights, this hotel had a free airport pickup with a 4 night stay. There were waiting for us right after customs with our name on a sign, really nice when you get off an international flight and don't want to hassle with transportation. To get back to the airport, we used a shuttle that the hotel recommended which left several times a day, I think it was supposed to be 10€ per person but they only charged us 10€ for both of us.

The shower was fine, toiletries were shampoo and bar soap. Towels were the usual small rough towels.

The bed was OK. There was an in room safe, a small refrigerator, and an air conditioner which was absolutely necessary in the heat of July. Free wifi in the room which worked consistently.

Comments