Hotel Yenisehir Palas

Mesrutiyet Caddesi Oteller Sokak No.1-3, Tepebasi, Istanbul, 34330, Turkey

More about Hotel Yenisehir Palas

Restaurants along the shoreRestaurants along the shore

Bahar Restaurant - Jan 2010Bahar Restaurant - Jan 2010

london buslondon bus

Another type of carAnother type of car

Anyone stayed at Grand Gulsoy/Royal/Yenisehir Palas ?

Hi,

Has anyone stayed at Grand Gulsoy/Royal/Yenisher Palas? I've tried to search on the hotels and accommodation that vt member posted but no result. Would appreciate any tips/info on these hotels. Thanks.

RE: Anyone stayed at Grand Gulsoy/Royal/Yenisehir Palas ?

by Sirvictor

Are those hotels in Istanbul?

Hi Sir Victor,

The travel agent told me that they are in Istanbul but no fellow vt travellers posted any comment on these hotels. I tried to search on the net and get the following result:
Grand Gulsoy is located in Sehzadebasi, Istanbul
Yenisehir palas is located in Mesrutiyet Caddesi Oteller Sok., Istanbul

Any comments on these areas perhaps? Thanks.

by Sirvictor

Dear Igh, Both hotels are very near each other. Sehzadebasi is a district just behind the famous "Istiklal caddesi"the independance street of Beyoglu. And "Mesrutiyet caddesi" is also just behind. Istiklal caddesi begins from famous Taksim Square and ends at the Tunel the Tunnel. This is the new part of Istanbul other then the historical penunsula. Once the Europeans and christian citizens of Ottoman empire lived there. I dont know Grand Gulsoy. But I usualy stay at Yenisehir Palas when I come to Istanbul for business. It is a nice hotel. Not noisy. the rooms are a little small but clean. The area is full of hotels such as historical Pera Palas. have a nice time in Turkey.

by cevbol

Sehzadebasi is in the touristic center, so no problem for you. You can find many tourists there from any country. I dont have any info about the quailty of hotels.

by lgh

That's great. Many thanks for the sharing of info.

by Sirvictor

Dear Igh, Thank you for your nice words to my home page. Here is for Yenisehir palas:
Here is for grand gulsoy: As you will see from the page they have also another hotel in Beyazit. Beyazit is a district in old historical peninsula.Very near to Sultan Ahmet, Topkapi Palast, Hagia Sofia.

Hotel - Advise

by LindaMarceline

Kindly advice regarding Yenisehir Palas Hotel in Beyoglu (Pera). Is it a nice hotel?

by virtual786

I stayed at this hotel, several years ago. Istanbul has gotten more expensive,recently, and for my last few visits I've been staying at the Hotel Troya.

This hotel is up the street from the Yenisehir Palas, closer to Taksim Square. It is considerably less expensive and as nice. I was there, at the end of June and besides lobby renovations, which probably have been completed by now, the hotel was perfect.

by mikebelton

My girlfriend and I were traveling through Turkey, last week and some people we met told us about this hotel, so we decided to try it and we made a reservation just for a night. Once we stepped in we couldn't believe our eyes. We loved it so much that we spent three nights in it. It is just like stepping in the past, but with all the comforts of a contemporary hotel. The atmosphere is like being a guest at a friend's house. we slept peacefully and comfortably that night and we awoke with the prayer that morning -the garden was even more amazing and so was the breakfast. It was just what we needed, calmness and serenity.When you come back from your daily trips or after dinner, Defne & Esin offer you a typical liquor, or their home-made turkish wine. They were so helpful and friendly. They are very caring to make your stay as pleasant as possible!

by mikebelton

My girlfriend and I were traveling through Turkey, last week and some people we met told us about Villa Sphendone Hotel, so we decided to try it and we made a reservation just for a night. Once we stepped in we couldn't believe our eyes. We loved it so much that we spent three nights in it. It is just like stepping in the past, but with all the comforts of a contemporary hotel. The atmosphere is like being a guest at a friend's house. we slept peacefully and comfortably that night and we awoke with the prayer that morning -the garden was even more amazing and so was the breakfast. It was just what we needed, calmness and serenity.When you come back from your daily trips or after dinner, Defne & Esin offer you a typical liquor, or their home-made turkish wine. They were so helpful and friendly. They are very caring to make your stay as pleasant as possible!

by neodue

nice hotel.I recommend to you to stay in there.

Travel Tips for Istanbul

Shipwrecks Ahoy!

by mrclay2000

Istanbul is easily one of the major ports on the globe. Most of its registries are local, but sometimes Greek and Russian, and generally not gigantic vessels by any means. A fully-laden city ferry will hold about 700, and this compares in size with most of what you'll find in the harbor. Every now and again, the supertankers leave the Black Sea and steer for the Mediterranean. With so much traffic, capsizing and collisions are bound to occur.

Tea Cay

by alectrevor

Everybody seems to drink tea in a little glass all day every day at 1 TL or less. Tea sellers on ferries with there trays of tea, or by the seats near blue mosque. The sellers go around with there call of Cay C ay Cay ! I liked the tea, but Turkish coffee is thick like mud, so if you want a coffee english style ask for instant or Nescafe. Bottles of water are on sale everywhere from koisks. The local beer is Efes. I enjoyed a beer upstairs in the Turkish Pub in Istikial Cad.

Fenerbache Football club.

by Tdiver

If your in Istanbul on a weekend then you might have noticed that bars get pretty full with football supporters who are quite vociferous.Top at the moment are Fenerbache,whom i live quite close to so lots of theirs supporters around me locally.Below is their web site in Turk and English.Lets hope they win the Championship in their 100th year.Site has where you can get match tickets as well as the other sports that the club does.
Founded 1907
Ground,Sukru Saracoglu Stadium.
Capacity currently 52500 but increasing i think.
Nickname,Sari Kanaryalar,yellow canaries.

Moda

by H-TownJourneyman

Moda is a beautiful district of Istanbul, situated along the Sea of Marmara near Kadiköy on the Asian side. The mood in the area here is quite in contrast to the big city-life of Istanbul, very tranquil and laid-back. On the hill above the sea there are several great cafes to have a bite to eat, and the Tea Garden located here is a one of the best places in the whole city to converse with friends over a glass of hot tea. Sunsets here are spectacular! We watched the sun dip beyond the horizon from one of the park benches here, simply amazing! Like the one along Istiklal Caddesi in Taksim, there is an old-fashioned tram that runs in a loop through Moda and Kadiköy. If you take a ferry to Kadiköy, you can hop right on this tram near the landing and take it to Moda, and then back again when you are ready to leave. Moda is one of my favorite places that i visited in Istanbul, definately worth a visit!

Turkish Sweets

by PierreZA

There are plenty of good sweet shops in Istanbul. The variety of Turkish Delight (lokum) in endless. There are also many sweets, other than lokum, so do try them!
I could really reccomend KOSKA, good service and great variety.

Comments