Hypnos Hotel

Ebusuud Cadessi, 12-14 Sirkeci, Istanbul, 34112, Turkey
Hypnos Design Hotel
Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

More about Istanbul

Room & Balcony with direct views over Marmara SeaRoom & Balcony with direct views over Marmara Sea

Istiklal StreetIstiklal Street

Taksim Metro; heart of modern IstanbulTaksim Metro; heart of modern Istanbul

Outdoor eateries in IstanbulOutdoor eateries in Istanbul

istanbul hotel reservation

by andrewlev

we will go istanbul next April.

We have searched hotels from www.istanbulhotels.com and we are really interested in to reserve www.istanbulhotels.com/hotels/eliteworldhotelistanbul/ it seems it is a nice price for this hotel, any suggestions on this matter will be gratefull.

Re: istanbul hotel reservation

by shawry

two sites i use on a regular basis maybe not the cheapest? i dont know,but i have used them on a book now pay when you book out of the hotel basis.
they just take credit card details for security in case of no show.
they are venere.com and booking.com ,
i have just used booking.com for my visit to istanbul in march.
i usually juggle between the two sites and compare with direct hotel web sites,
i also look at other hotel search web sites but mostly end up with the tried and tested ones

Travel Tips for Istanbul

The 'new' Istanbul

by leffe3

Most of us head to Istanbul for the Ottoman sights - the mosques et al. But time is also spent across the Golden Horn in the 'European' part of the city - 19th century development by wealthy Turks and Europeans who came to live in the city. Here is the centre of night-life - bars, cafes, clubs etc as well as the more 'everyday' part of the city.

Dress code for mosques

by AcornMan

Remember that no one is allowed inside the mosques without first covering their shoulders and knees. As far as we could tell, all Turkish men wear slacks no matter what the weather is like, so it's no big deal for the locals. But tourists used to wearing shorts and/or tank tops should dress appropriately. If you forget, it's not a big deal because all the mosques have shawls and velcro skirts you can borrow at the entrance. Some mosques also require women to cover their heads, but scarves can be borrowed at those mosques.

Even though I knew about these rules before our trip, we took an unscheduled visit to the Blue Mosque on our first day in Istanbul to escape the pesky salesmen around the Hippodrome. My wife and I were both wearing shorts, which was no big deal for my wife because she looked fine in the borrowed skirt. I attracted more than a few giggles as I strolled around in my skirt though. I'll even let you laugh at me in my skirt in the photo I'm providing. Oh well. I'm just grateful they let me in at all.

Besiktas is truly a great team to watch!

by MonsieurL

Besiktas is the class team of Turkey, created in 1903, and Ataturk's favorite team. The Turkish flag is on its club symbol; the only team allowed to have such an honor. Most Besiktas fans are like family, and if you go to a game, go and see them play. Their stadium is Inonu Stadyum, northeast of the Taksim area.

BE WARNED: Fenerbahce fans are very rowdy, loud, and annoying. Avoid them at all costs during game days especially.. they may be champions, but their fans are horrid. Just read the previous tips, and you will see what I mean!! I'm not lying :)

Galatasaray fans are better, and more friendly I have found. They don't serve alcohol in the stadium.

This is a view from Galata...

by cafeine

This is a view from Galata tower which is really historical.You can see every detail of Ayasofya museum,Topkapi palace,Galata bridge,Bosphorus,Maiden tower,Weather forecast tower,several kind of mosques,Goldenhorn,boats.....from above Galata tower...Enjoy Istanbul...

Grand Bazaar

by PierreZA about grand bazaar

The Grand Bazaar is huge! Best not to plan, but just to get lost! Everybody will see you as a possible client -and it is very touristy.
It does have a great atmosphere and is a must visit.
I'm not too sure if you will get many bargains here. Variety of crafts etc

Comments