MIM HOTEL

Agoda.com Booking.com Tingo.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about MIM HOTEL

Inside Topkapi PalaceInside Topkapi Palace

Inside the courtyardInside the courtyard

Saint Peter, inner narthexSaint Peter, inner narthex

Istanbul - TurkeyIstanbul - Turkey

nice hotel in istanbul

hi everyone,
I am coming from Portugal and going to Istanbul in March for 3 weeks for studying Turkish at Toemer in Istanbul in Sisli. Can anyone rcommend a nice hotel for me, which is not too expensive and in an area where I can go out as a woman alone? I don´t care if it is a long way from Sisli, my main object is to find a lot of possiblities to speak Turkish.
Thanks a lot and Happy New Year from Portugal
Suleika

by ikiz

hi suleika.

mim hotel is your answer. 3 stars city hotel and it is very close to sisli. 15 minutes by walk, 3-4 min. by car. secured and not expensive... nice??? it is under question. but good located. it is on european side of istanbul.. you may find it on internet if you wish.

by Dirim

How much do you want to pay per night?

max. about 30 dollar/euro

by Dirim

What are your expectation?

And (it is very important) are you male or female?

And...would you prefer to make an intercontinental travel everyday? It will take less than going from Sultanahmet.

by suleika

thanks so much for your effort. I am a female. I don´t care to go a longer way. But for me it is important to be in an area where I can walk around as a woman alone and have no problems. I have no idea how far it is from Sultanahmed.... thanks so much!

by AlperIst

Hi,

You have 3 weeks, and Sultanahmet is not right place to stay for you.
If you stay very close to Taksim square, you will only need to take subway for Sisli and it will take very short for you.
Alper.

by Dirim

Taksim would be the best decision. I have asked around and learned that you can find hotel for about 20-25 dollars which would be suitable for you. And if you will stay for 3 weeks you can bargain for a discount

thank you so much!

Travel Tips for Istanbul

Who is this guy holding my sister?

by Gokcecicek

We just asked to take his hat for a photo! He did not accept at the beginning. Then he saw my sister and in exchange of a photo with my sister, he accepted to give his hat. Do you know who he is? We don't know even his first name! Anyway, it was new year eve, so everything could have happened :P

Keep your eyes open.........

by leics

....for tradesmen plying trades one no longer sees in many countries.

I saw stevedores in the Spice Bazaar, bent double under their huge loads as they negotiated the narrow, crowded alleyways.

I saw a travelling knife-grinder grinding the knives for restuarants.

In and around the Grand Bazaar I saw porters pulling huge loads on their trolleys.

All made me realise I was no longer in my own culture. Which is very good indeed.

DERBY

by babazula

6 NOVEMBER 2002....

FENERBAHCE 6 GALATASARAY 0.....

Derby is comin . Probably 28 th of February there would be a match between Fenerbahçe-Galatasaray.. if you u like football join us and have fun...

28 FEBRUARY 2004

FENERBAHCE 2 GALATASARAY 1

That´s me in the pic. I´m...

by almogaver

That´s me in the pic. I´m setting in the ORIENT EXPRESS Station. Perhaps is not important for you,
but i´ve read many times Agatha Christie and her famous novel, so it was wonderful going there.
Inside there is a restaurant full of pics from the
film based on the novel......Yes, you can tell me nostalgic!!

Grand Bazaar-Goods

by Kuznetsov_Sergey about grand bazaar

It is well known for its jewelry, pottery, spice, and carpet shops. Many of the stalls in the bazaar are grouped by type of goods, with special areas for leather coats, gold jewelry and the like.
Here the most valuable items and antiques were to be found in the past, and still are today, including copperware, amber prayer beads, inlaid weapons, icons, mother-of-pearl mirrors, water pipes, walking sticks, watches and clocks, candlesticks, old coins, and silver and gold jewelry set with coral and turquoise.

You can watch my 3 min 57 sec HQ Video Istanbul Grand Bazaar part II out of my Youtube channel with Turkish pop music by Emre Altus – Fani Dunya.

Comments